RCCL promotions

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
Looking at a May 2017 sailing on Allure of the Seas. Haven't cruised RC in 20 plus years but did Celebrity in January 2016.

I booked our Celebrity through Costco and got great perks. At the time Celebrity was doing the GO BIG promotion where you choose perks. Does RC ever do anything like that where you can get the drink package, shipboard credit or anything? I did see the current buy one, second 50% off with free gratuities. Price was good, but do they offer better promos than that? I know with Celebrity I was able to rebook prior to final payment a couple times in order to get a better promo. Does RC do that?

Thanks! :)

Other than on some European cruises booked out of the UK, RCL rarely (if ever) offers these types of perks. Even Celebrity's GO BIG promotion is not really "free" - they bury the cost in the base fare.

Other than on some European cruises booked out of the UK, RCL rarely (if ever) offers these types of perks. Even Celebrity's GO BIG promotion is not really "free" - they bury the cost in the base fare.

Thanks
I gave in and booked through Costco. Got the current buy 1/ 50%off second, free tips and got $190 OBC through Costco on Allure next May. We figured we'd never drink enough alcohol and will just but when we want.

RCL will also allow you to get any price reductions (you don't re-book, your TA just calls and gets the cruise re-priced) up to the final payment date (90 days out). However, your cruise would be re-priced with whatever promo was in place when you did that so you may have a different discount than the 50% off. ON RCL, free tips show up as OBC, so ask whether the $190 you received from Costco is in addition to the free tips, or just another way of quoting the same $$ amount.

RCL will also allow you to get any price reductions (you don't re-book, your TA just calls and gets the cruise re-priced) up to the final payment date (90 days out). However, your cruise would be re-priced with whatever promo was in place when you did that so you may have a different discount than the 50% off. ON RCL, free tips show up as OBC, so ask whether the $190 you received from Costco is in addition to the free tips, or just another way of quoting the same $$ amount.

The Costco is in addition to the RCCL one.

We always book through RCL directly. Onboard we received Buy one get half off, $200 onboard credit and gratuities. The person booking said the offer was going to 60% off soon. My wife called when we returned, we could do this offer, but would lose gratuities and credit. She keeps an eye on the offers and rebooks when it is to our advantage. She rebooked our last cruise three times. I told her they must have her # flagged and draw straws on who will take the call. "Crazy Lady, Line One".:rolleyes:

We always book through RCL directly. Onboard we received Buy one get half off, $200 onboard credit and gratuities. The person booking said the offer was going to 60% off soon. My wife called when we returned, we could do this offer, but would lose gratuities and credit. She keeps an eye on the offers and rebooks when it is to our advantage. She rebooked our last cruise three times. I told her they must have her # flagged and draw straws on who will take the call. "Crazy Lady, Line One".:rolleyes:

Haha! I can relate. We're sailing on Brilliance to the Med next month, and I've called a handful of times to have our cruise repriced. A few weeks ago I scored an upgrade from a D1 balcony to a junior suite for the three of us for only $285. A few days ago I tried to upgrade again to a grand suite, but the cost was more than I was willing to spend after losing the free prepaid gratuities I got last time I upgraded. They may think we're crazy, but I'm fine with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter