Reach for the Stars April 2023 Exercise Challenge

Twilight Sparkle

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the April 2023 exercise thread! This month we will take a look at previous Disney child stars then and now.

If you've joined in before, welcome back! If you're new, here's how to join us:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Common goals for our 30 days of April:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Bridgit Blue
25% - Olivia Orange
50% - Peyton Purple
75% - Piper Pink
90% - Raven Red
100% - Genevieve Green

Our challenge starts on April 1st, officially, but feel free to join us anytime. Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Twilight Sparkle 3010/2700
livih99 440/580
sophy1996 1805/1500
Raya 310/300
Oneanne 1780/1350
Elizabeth Smith 500/400

EilonwyWanderer 36/900
PollyannaMom 620/600

Team: 8501/8330 102%

Last edited:

What a fun theme!

In for 1500. Started with 110 over the weekend. (And got to see a new production of the musical 1776.)

110/1500
How did you like 1776? I saw it was touring and figured we might get it for our new season, but we did not. I saw an older version regionally years ago, but I would love to see how the production has changed!

Congrats to our first color changer - Oneanne who has already reached Bridgit Blue! party:

Bridgit Mendler was a favorite of my daughter's for her portrayal of Teddy Duncan in Good Luck Charlie, the vampire Juliet Van Heusen in Wizards of Waverly Place, and Olivia in Lemonade Mouth.

1680552297562.jpeg

images

1680552426468.jpeg

Bridgit was born in 1992 and started her acting career in 2004. She signed with Disney when she was 16. Under Disney, she also appeared in episodes of Jonas and Jessie in addition to her roles in the previously mentioned productions. Bridgit is also a recording artist and was able to utilize those talents during her time with Disney.

After Good Luck Charlie ended, Bridgit transitioned to prime time TV with NBC's sitcom Undateable which aired for 3 seasons.

Bridgit has also had several roles in movies and non-Disney related tv projects plus released two albums throughout her career, but she somehow still found time to focus on her education. She has an undergrad degree in anthropolgy from USC, a grad degree from MIT, and is also working on her PhD from MIT while concurrently enrolled in Law School at Harvard. She is a Director's Fellow and Research Assistant at MIT and has served as the Co-President of the Harvard Space Law Society.

In 2019, she married Griffin Cleverly, an aerospace engineer. The two met via mutual friends.

bridgit-mendler-marries-griffin-cleverly.jpg

Bridgit is on track to finish her degrees at MIT and Harvard next year.

Last edited:
How did you like 1776? I saw it was touring and figured we might get it for our new season, but we did not. I saw an older version regionally years ago, but I would love to see how the production has changed!

In this production, all the roles are played by female, non-binary, and transgender actors, many of whom are people of color. So the cast certainly looked different (and those differences made a powerful statement at points). The sets were sparse (not what I expected of a national touring show) but the performances generally were excellent. They didn’t change the music or anything to make it more “modern” (meaning, like Hamilton), which I thought they might.

In this production, all the roles are played by female, non-binary, and transgender actors, many of whom are people of color. So the cast certainly looked different (and those differences made a powerful statement at points). The sets were sparse (not what I expected of a national touring show) but the performances generally were excellent. They didn’t change the music or anything to make it more “modern” (meaning, like Hamilton), which I thought they might.
Wow! I think my daughter and I would love this. Hope we get to see it one day.

Bridgit Mendler is a favorite of mine, mostly because of Lemonade Mouth!
I'm in for 400 minutes this month. Drastically lowering my expectations for April since I may be having a baby at any point in the next 4 weeks or so. Hopefully, keeping active will help move the baby out!
I have 20 minutes from Saturday. I should be back later to add more minutes for this evening. 🤞
20/400

I'm in for 900 (hopefully more but...)! Got in some exercise yesterday and then the exhaustion of the weekend caught up with me and I stayed in bed almost all day today to recover so not the strongest start! Definitely going to try for a walk tomorrow.

4/3 - 36 minutes in the pool

36/900
Yay! Welcome to the exercise challenge!

I have 15 minutes to add for the evening from a cardio dance exercise!

75/400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter