READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know I was part of the "panic" element from yesterday so thought I would push forward more positivity today :D

Wanted to echo previous sentiments for those with upcoming trips to practice in the morning - so get on MDE on your phone while at home right before and then at park opening

This morning I was up so got on my phone starting at 6:58 opened up MDE and clicked the "Find Out More" button in the the "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Access by Boarding Group" section. Obviously the "Join Boarding Group" button was greyed out at this point but I cliked on "My Status" to get to that page, noting you can refresh that page by swiping down from the top, so thought I would stay there. I kept refreshing and right at 7 .... the "join Boarding Group" button was still not active, so I went back (clicked on the "home" icon" and then the "Find out More" button on the Rise menu and then saw the "Join Boarding Group" button there was active. I clicked that and then seclected the rest of my party that will be with me (I have a number of people I am managing so had to find the right people) and after that I got the message about some of them not being in the park (as should be the case) so couldn't go any further

Main reason i wanted to share is I did all of the above and the time on my phone still read "7:00" so it really is a quick process and just by going through it I think highlights that fact

Now, wont' keep me from stressing over the next month before my trip about all the potential things that can go wrong (just how my brain works) but I think it might help out people who haven't gone through it yet to get more comfortable with the process

@yulilin3 Thank you for being on top of spoilers! That it's been an issue a few times now makes me nervous to check this thread--I've been lucky so far in that I haven't seen posts until after they've been edited, but I wish people would understand that for some of us "no spoilers" means that we want to know literally as little as possible about the experience before going in, no matter how innocuous a comment on the attraction may seem.

I also really appreciate the users posting about their experience with the workings of the app--knowing that refreshing the screen doesn't work and that I will need to go back a page and reload if the button doesn't become clickable is invaluable! I wish I had the fortitude to get up early of a morning and test the process for myself at park opening, but the time difference would make that 5:00 AM and I'm doing well if I stop snoozing my alarm by 6:30. Maybe another morning soon I'll just load it as soon as I'm up in case backup groups are available and I can still see the whole process that way.

for @SouthFayetteFan
Official numbers from the HUB
Park opened at 6:22am
BG gone at 7:07am
Backup BG gone at 9:13am with 106 being first
fingerscan to enter park as of yesterday
Delayed opening of the attraction 8:20am
First BG called was 15

Hi!

First BG called being 15... does that mean BG started at 15? There was no 1-15 issued?

How do the BGs work during EMHs? Do they just keep announcing the BGs, which would include non Disney resort hotel guests? Or, is it a free for all?

Thanks for the info. That's understandable that it wouldn't be open during EMH; it would be crazy. Now I just have to tell my son. Not looking forward to that!

Both days we rode it coming from POFQ we got up early enough to be out the door by 6. Both days in the park well before opening.
Did you by any chance happen to try to view resort bus times from the MDE app at your resort? We are staying at POR and I am rather nervous about getting a bus to DHS in time to make it through the tapstiles before BGs are released.

Have the bag check lines been crowded around park opening times this week?

We are going to try to get to DHS on Monday morning from POR.

Curious if anyone who experienced the skipped element version the other day or today has gone to Guest Services about it. I’d be politely asking for an anytime to ride it when it’s fully functioning.

I really disagree with the choice to run it with a major element like that being left out. Sucks for those who aren’t getting the full immersive experience on their first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter