READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am onsite at AS Sports...

since I got on site my once zippy quick app has been refusing to launch, stuck on the castle image half the times I launch, and it hangs other times.

I erased it and reloaded it, problem still exists.

anyone heard of this?

MK in thw morning HS day after..... you have 24 hours to complete your mission.....goos luck.

This message will self destruct in 3....2.....

since I got on site my once zippy quick app has been refusing to launch, stuck on the castle image half the times I launch, and it hangs other times.

anyone heard of this?

MK in thw morning HS day after..... you have 24 hours to complete your mission.....goos luck.

Are you using Disney wifi? Cause it sucks. Try using data if you can.

anyone heard of this?

I would try hard restarting your phone

No wifi.....

I did the hard reset also.
Now I am in the farthest possible room from anything on this property....LOL.

Maybe just far from a good LTE signal. I do have the LTE icon, but its almost not working 50% of the time.
I will find out tomorrow if its due to the room located in the Everglades...

To be safe, I would suggest being at the bus stop at 530am for a 7 am DHS open. Showing up too close to 6am puts you at risk of arriving after 7am. Tapping in at 703am would stink!

hahaha. We tapped in at 7:03 today.
Our saga is from Animal Kingdom Lodge. The bus just wasn’t showing up. We arrived before 6am. We watched two MK busses depart empty and an AK bus depart empty. A woman talked to the AK bus driver but to no avail.

we ended up calling a Lyft, but demand at that time is so high that we had to wait nearly 20 minutes for the car. We waited at the bus stop just in case; we were willing to eat any cancel fees. Bus did not come.

there are so many uber and Lyft to DHS that the line of drop off cars runs from the entrance all the way back to the toll gate. Didn’t exit the car until 6:59.

but it isn’t all bad news. Even though we tapped in at 7:03, we rode today.

In other news, we were much more successful on Thursday, which was a bad rotr day so success was more important, I think. My advice is to practice at home. You should be comfortable getting a boarding group with the app WITHOUT NEEDING TO READ ANYTHING. If you have to read the text on the page you are losing precious seconds. We overheard a couple at epcot (after we had ridden) and they lamented that hey had to wait until the afternoon even though they were at the park at 6. Know the app. Know what you need to do to get your boarding group without thinking. On Thursday we got BG 6. (and avoid the bus if at all possible)

Know what you need to do to get your boarding group without thinking. On Thursday we got BG 6. (and avoid the bus if at all possible)

Except unless something has changed, and maybe it has and I missed that announcement, the Boarding Group assignments are random so when you get there are even when you start the process doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an early group.

The Chart
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Disney! (on ice).
Maybe my expectations for anything Disney have been set too high. But after seeing Happily Ever After I feel like there's a brand standard to maintain and, well, Disney on Ice ain't it.

Anyway you're not here for completely off-topic rants (but I thought I'd close the loop I'd opened this morning), you're here for The Chart!!!

No wifi.....

I did the hard reset also.
Now I am in the farthest possible room from anything on this property....LOL.

Maybe just far from a good LTE signal. I do have the LTE icon, but its almost not working 50% of the time.
I will find out tomorrow if its due to the room located in the Everglades...
Try turning off LTE and use 3G? I’ve found a few places lately where I’m now better using 3G.
My iPhone has that option (might be carrier based?)
At my area in CBR I had better 3G speed than LTE...but LTE was good in DHS when o got my BG.

Except unless something has changed, and maybe it has and I missed that announcement, the Boarding Group assignments are random so when you get there are even when you start the process doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an early group.
I don't think the BGs are actually assigned randomly. I believe it's first-come, first-served. But the differences in who "arrives" first are micro-seconds based on connection speed and how quickly you press the final "join" button. That would account for why people get a high number mere seconds after someone else who gets a low one.

I’m not sure if I should ask this in the riviera thread or here, but we’re staying at riviera and hope to get a boarding group. What’s the best mode of transport? I’ve read gondolas might not be open, and I would take a Lyft before bus. Thanks!

With openings moving to 8am Tuesday and it’s our HS day, what time will busses start running? We will be at ASsports. Was planning to be at bus stop at 645 but didn’t want to be there too early for no reason.

I’m not sure if I should ask this in the riviera thread or here, but we’re staying at riviera and hope to get a boarding group. What’s the best mode of transport? I’ve read gondolas might not be open, and I would take a Lyft before bus. Thanks!
The gondolas have not been running early enough for dhs open and someone earlier posted that they missed getting to dhs from the Riv on time because the bus never arrived. Take ride-share and don't wait until 20 minutes before park open to call for your ride. Give yourself some leeway there as the demand for ride-share to dhs for opening is very high. You might wait 20 minutes for your car to show up.

Any info on the timing lately for Smuggler’s Run rope drop? Bringing friends this week and they want to go ahead and plan to rope drop that, as well as hopefully having boarding group success for ROTR. Not expecting to walk on to MFSR, but I’d like to keep the wait time under an hour (park opens at 8am). I feel like getting in the park by 7:30 would be late and was planning to tell them to be there by 7am.

We just returned from a stay at Riviera. We had to take the bus to HS to get our boarding group on Friday, 1/31. That day the gondolas started after HS opened, so we had to make a quick adjustment and catch a bus. We left our room at 6:00AM for a 7:00 park open. We were in the park by about 6:35 or so. We got group 34 but it was the day that was plagued with operational issues - were evacuated from the line after waiting quite a while and never rode that day, so we came back on Sunday (our next scheduled day at HS) and were able to ride this morning with no problem. It was really cool, actually because they put us through the fastpass line, which was VERY fast. I will note that we had asked a Guest Experience person fill out a special form for us to ride two days later because the normal "anytime" fastpass they give you is only good the day-of or the next day but they were happy to put a note on our account to let us ride the day after that. So our original boarding group was for 1/31 but the ride was down and we had evening reservations elsewhere, so they allowed us to ride on 2/2 instead after a quick trip to guest relations.

Today is my day!!! After following this thread for weeks, I can't believe it's finally my turn. Thanks for all the great info and tips, I feel as ready as I can possibly be.
Us too! Starting a little late, walking from BWV, just for boarding pass and maybe RnR at rope drop for the kids. I’ve been ready to walk for a while, but the young adults are taking their sweet time! Anyone have crowd pics this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter