READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be visiting the parks tomorrow with friends who do not have magic bands, but we have a will call number to pick up tickets for them (same day). We’re planning to arrive at Hollywood Studios before park opening (arriving around 7:00 am) to attempt to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and rope drop Smuggler’s Run, but with the early morning crowds, is it possible to even get to a ticket window to pick up the plastic tickets for them? Or is there somewhere else that I can pick up the tickets that might be easier? Supposedly these have to be picked up the day they’re used and not in advance.
The tickets windows open about an hour before official park opening so you'll have time to pick up the cards.

Isnt that possible at Disney Springs as well? In case you are heading to Disney Spings today.

Sorry, but I have one more question. How is everyone timing opening the app 10 seconds before? would the second hand on an Apple watch be accurate enough?

The tickets windows open about an hour before official park opening so you'll have time to pick up the cards.
Thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve been over in the morning, and it always looked like the crowds were out past the ticket windows. I wasn’t sure if they kept a path open to them somehow.

Thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve been over in the morning, and it always looked like the crowds were out past the ticket windows. I wasn’t sure if they kept a path open to them somehow.
I don't think they keep a clear path but the ticket windows do have a chained queue, so even if the crowds are spilling out you can just let them know you're going to the ticket window and not skipping.

Anyone who has been there for a 7AM open, there this morning to comment on crowds with an 8AM open? we leave on Friday, so watching these next 3 days closely to see how an 8AM open changes crowds.....

So it sounds like the new 8:00am open time didn't cause too much chaos so far today? Backup groups gone a little faster (~25 mins) and slightly higher crowds. But other than that, pretty much same routine as before?

asked the question as i was typing the question! Great minds, something something....

So it sounds like the new 8:00am open time didn't cause too much chaos so far today? Backup groups gone a little faster (~25 mins) and slightly higher crowds. But other than that, pretty much same routine as before?
I'm confused why everyone thought it would be different. 7:00 AM or 8:00 AM, the process of getting a boarding group is exactly the same. 6 AM too for that matter. Never did understand why 8:00 would change anything. Unless the opened it early of course. But there was never any signs that would happen. So I guess it went exactly as I suspected it would. What did folks think would change?

I'm confused why everyone thought it would be different. 7:00 AM or 8:00 AM, the process of getting a boarding group is exactly the same. 6 AM too for that matter. Never did understand why 8:00 would change anything. Unless the opened it early of course. But there was never any signs that would happen. So I guess it went exactly as I suspected it would. What did folks think would change?

I don’t think anyone thought the process would really change, just that crowds may be larger an hour later, causing things to go faster. That did seem to happen.

Regular groups went faster than a minute. 30 seconds or so.
But there were only 60 something again. Isn't that in direct relation to how many they issued today, vs opening time?
Fewer groups go faster than more groups. Seems logical

Well, speaking for myself, I was wondering if more people would be cool with getting there for an 8am opening than the 7am opening knowing some people aren't morning people, especially while on vacation. Also, for those going not just for their boarding pass but to be at front of rope drop would there be larger crowds there at say 90 mins before opening than there were before, again, thinking more people can will themselves to be there at 6:30/7 than they could for 5:3/6

And at least from one report there were more people there today at 6:30 than there were yesterday at 5:30 - but also might have been partly due to not everyone realizing it was now an 8am opening (I saw at least one report on twitter of people thinking it was still 7am)

Ok we stepped inside the door of the store across the street from Anaheim produce and had full bars on LTE Verizon. Had app open to home page a bit before 7:55. As soon as my phone hit 8:00 with shaking fingers I hit find out more and join boarding group turned red within a second. Tapped it and select all and to my shock got boarding group 3. We walked toward RnR and a lady asked if we wanted first train of the day so we immediately walked on and skipped preshow. Off within minutes and hit ToT 8:05 fast pass. There things went wrong. We immediately got through preshow but the line was insane on other side only running half of the elevators. Then VIP groups took entire elevators. The teen had to go to the bathroom and decided to leave the line. I did get on and off shortly after and we walked to GE and got right onto RotR. As far as I know glitch free but possibly a tiny b mode part but I’m not sure. It was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter