READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned home yesterday after doing wdw for 9 days. Day 2 (sunday feb 2) we took a lyft to HS at 5:15am. I was able to get group 45 for a party of 18. We were called around 10:10am and went to ride sometime around 11:30 after droid depot reservation. Everything about the ride was great except [part of the ride] was not working. Best experience we had regarding the line movement and cast members.

Try number 2 was wednesday. Park opened at 8am that day so we caught a lyft around 6:15am. Noticeably more crowded when we arrived. This was for a party around 7 or 8 and I was getting an error message after selecting the group (not the message about one of the party not being in the park). Group 93. The ride was down a lot that day and they only went through 65 or 66 groups so no ride for us.

Try number 3 was thursday for a party of 4. I ended up removing all of my family and friends except those that were there with me. Opened the app 5 seconds before 8am and was able to get group 13. rope dropped slinky dog, quick ride on alien swirling saucers then headed straight to rotr as our group was called around 8:15am. super long line. ride went down as we were in line. sat in line for around 1 hour and 45 minutes. ride came back up [but] then we were evacuated. received a fast pass to come back later. left hs and came back later that day and completed the ride using the fastpass line. [it] was working but the line movement was a lot slower [edit] compared to our first ride.

I was done with trying after that. Some of our friends tried again friday morning and pulled a high 50s group and ended up bailing due to long wait. i think their group was eventually called late in the evening but they had already changed parks and were only given 1 hour to return i believe.

My opinion...
I absolutely hate the boarding group process. The park was packed with long waits immediately after open. The fastpass tier changes they are about to make would have been good for us. It was hopefully the first and last time we have fastpasses for stage shows. All that said we were still able do ride everything and most things multiple times. We will be returning around 2 years from now and Im hoping they get all of their rotr kinks worked our and have fastpass available. That was definitely the most stressful part of our trip.

Rise is a great attraction but not worth that amount of time/effort/stress imo. Our first try went pretty smooth but I guess we just got lucky that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, this isn’t that difficult.

This is a NO SPOILERS thread. We don’t talk about any aspect of the ride here. Rooms, processes, etc - all are off limits. If you want to post about where you broke down, go to another thread, such as this attraction discussion thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-ride-discussion-spoilers.3781489/

We’ve been pretty nice so far and are editing rather than deleting posts. We’d rather not delete a post that may contain other valuable BG experience information, but it’s a heck of a lot easier for us to just hit DELETE on the whole thing rather than edit pieces.

As has been said many times and is clearly noted on Post 1, posts that contain spoilers will continue to be edited or deleted at the discretion of the TPAS moderators.

Thank you.

People, this isn’t that difficult.

This is a NO SPOILERS thread. We don’t talk about any aspect of the ride here. Rooms, processes, etc - all are off limits.

We’ve been pretty nice so far and are editing rather than deleting posts. We’d rather not delete a post that may contain other valuable BG experience information, but it’s a heck of a lot easier for us to just hit DELETE on the whole thing rather than edit pieces.

As has been said many times and is clearly noted on Post 1, posts that contain spoilers will continue to be edited or deleted at the discretion of the TPAS moderators.

Thank you.
I get you, but I have to chime in in some people's defense. What seems to be considered "spoilers" by some seems to be pretty crazy minor to me! So I can see why people write things thinking they are fine, and someone else flips out. I mean, I'm surprised we're allowed to say anything other then ROTR and line, with the way some act. To be completely honest I wish the super minor "spoilers" were allowed here, since I rode and now have to go catch up on the other thread or maybe watch a video of the whole things to know if I got the entire experience as it is meant to be or not. I have a hunch, from reading between a few lines, that we might have gotten something akin to disco yeti when we rode, but I have no idea because no one can even allude to anything about it lol.

This is a NO SPOILERS thread. We don’t talk about any aspect of the ride here. Rooms, processes, etc - all are off limits. If you want to post about where you broke down, go to another thread, such as this attraction discussion thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-ride-discussion-spoilers.3781489/

Thank you.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to you and the other mods who work so hard to keep this thread spoiler free. Those of us with upcoming trips really appreciate it!

I get you, but I have to chime in in some people's defense. What seems to be considered "spoilers" by some seems to be pretty crazy minor to me! So I can see why people write things thinking they are fine, and someone else flips out. I mean, I'm surprised we're allowed to say anything other then ROTR and line, with the way some act. To be completely honest I wish the super minor "spoilers" were allowed here, since I rode and now have to go catch up on the other thread or maybe watch a video of the whole things to know if I got the entire experience as it is meant to be or not. I have a hunch, from reading between a few lines, that we might have gotten something akin to disco yeti when we rode, but I have no idea because no one can even allude to anything about it lol.
It seems like it would be much easier to watch a video than try to figure out what you missed via this 450+ page thread.

It seems like it would be much easier to watch a video than try to figure out what you missed via this 450+ page thread.
sure, but honestly after riding just once I'm not sure I would notice what was different from a video. And I've been following this thread for a few months, so to ride and then come on and find out from others who rode the same day as me what might have been in a B mode would have just been nice and easy. I get that isn't how this thread works, so it's ok, I'm just saying my wishes and dreams lol. I also figure that if it's that minor of a change it doesn't actually matter, but my personality is just that I like to know even if it doesn't matter. I guess I could have posted a separate thread the day I rode to ask, but we were in the parks all day and I didn't want to or really even think of it, and I hadn't thought of it again until reading this today. Anyway, it was just my $0.02, which isn't worth any more than that :-) .

The thread with spoilers in this SWGE forum is pretty short and I’m sure someone can fill you in if you don’t catch up and just ask.

But yeah, the spoiler rules in here are stricter than Disney’s advertisements and promotional material lol. I had a comment of mine edited when I was purposefully being vague and avoiding spoilers but it still was too spoiler-y for some. But good on the people who not only successfully avoided spoilers, but their own curiosity in avoiding ride through videos! I couldn’t even resist watching Epcot Forever on YouTube like 2 weeks before I saw it in person, a (lame-ish, sorry) temporary show! I bet the element of surprise adds a ton to this attraction.

Just got back from a quick weekend trip to WDW and were able to ride on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday, took uber from Saratoga Springs around 7:15, got through security and tapstiles by 7:40 then hung out on Sunset Blvd. Husband and I both tried and didn't get the join button for 60+ seconds. Ended up with BG102 and much disappointment. We were meeting friends at Epcot so we rode ToT then left as we had no FP for HS and it was v crowded. Luckily the ride ran smoothly during the day so we were called at 5:20. We were on the skyliner at that point, made it to GE by 5:53 and were through the queue by 6:35ish.

Sunday, had a very late start due to oversleeping and leaving bags with bell services. Ended up in an uber from Saratoga at 7:35. Husband went through no bag line, both stuck to the right at tapstiles and I tapped in at 7:57 - we then walked toward TSL and were in front of Hollywood and Vine when BG opened. Opened the app at 7:59:40, hit find out more right at 8, then my status and could join a BG. Husband got through 1-2 seconds before me and we got BG6. Decided to skip TSL as we were so far behind on rope drop. Got in line for Star Tours but were called at 8:15 so we got out of line and walked to GE. We were in the preshow by 8:28, off the ride by 8:40 or so.

Definitely do not recommend cutting it as close as we did - we were so anxious the whole ride there and nervous even once I made it into the park LOL

Have people been using multiple phones to try to get a ROTR boarding group? I'm the only one in my family with an MDE account and have been managing all of it, but my husband wants to be able to try to help get a boarding group. Can he use my account, and we both try on the same account at the same time, or is there a way to have his own account that's linked up to everything that's already in my account? So complicated... ha.
Yes, multiple phones all signed in to your one MDE account. Only one will get the boarding group for everyone that’s in the park. But this gives you multiple chances to get a low BG number.

The thread with spoilers in this SWGE forum is pretty short and I’m sure someone can fill you in if you don’t catch up and just ask.

But yeah, the spoiler rules in here are stricter than Disney’s advertisements and promotional material lol. I had a comment of mine edited when I was purposefully being vague and avoiding spoilers but it still was too spoiler-y for some. But good on the people who not only successfully avoided spoilers, but their own curiosity in avoiding ride through videos! I couldn’t even resist watching Epcot Forever on YouTube like 2 weeks before I saw it in person, a (lame-ish, sorry) temporary show! I bet the element of surprise adds a ton to this attraction.
Just to add to this, there are a few Youtube accounts that are really good with ridethrough videos and I know someone's posted one for Rise but I haven't watched for obvious reasons. :)

It’s a fair criticism / observation. Heck it’s not like you can even go to Disney’s website and not come across spoilers. Although I think we’re in a bit of a no win situation that tends to warrant more conservatism. It’s a unique attraction....some descriptions of its components are harmless and some are in definite spoiler territory - but that line is admittedly grey. There’s a lot on this thread that gets reported as a spoiler that in my opinion isn’t and doesn’t get changed, and an occasional post which definitely goes into too much detail.

Ultimately my take is this thread is about BG process/strategy/discussion and less so about the attraction itself (with the inevitable “I broke down here” comment here and there), but if we can generally try to keep ride specifics pretty vanilla, that benefits the greatest number of people. :-)

Question: a lot of people say to turn off your Wi-Fi. Does this mean actually turning off your Wi-Fi from your Settings on your phone? Or is it OK to leave it on but just not connect to the Disney Wi-Fi?
Wifi off entirely, because you don’t want to connect to something randomly while you’re trying to get a boarding group.

I also read this thread daily, multiple times throughout the day.
I so appreciate not having to read while peeking through my fingers for fear of spoilers.
I just want to experience it myself, not with a preconceived notion in my head. If I'm watching a movie, and heard something about a main character's death for example, I'm constantly looking for clues, indicators, tells. It's not something controllable, my brain is going to try to make connections.

In this digital age, there are so few true surprises.
Thank you Mods, for your attempt to keep this one.

Last edited:
Disney won't let me create a My Disney Experience account for my 9 year old. Can I download the app on his phone and sign in with my account? Would we both be able to try to grab a boarding group using the same account?

Sorry, just saw this answered above.

Disney won't let me create a My Disney Experience account for my 9 year old. Can I download the app on his phone and sign in with my account? Would we both be able to try to grab a boarding group using the same account?

Yes, you can both sign in in your account. No problem at all. :)

Well so today didn’t go as planned. We were BG 88, everything had ridiculous waits so we rode the skyliner to Riviera and had a drink there. Then went to Epcot and had a drink in Mexico. After wasting a bunch of time our BG was finally called around 3:30ish. Got through the queue and halfway through the ride and then it died. Womp, womp, womp. We got GET to give us a FP which we will use on Thursday. Hopefully it goes better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter