READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join Boarding Group greyed out by 8:21 (might’ve been before that but sometime between 8:17 and 8:21 it was full)

Practiced from home on my iPhone 6s Plus with updated app this morning. Had the app open at 7:45. On front page. All looked well. At 7:58, just to see, I pressed find out more... instead of going to the page where you see “My Status” and “join a boarding group” it asked for me to log in... ☹️😡. It has never asked me that. I quickly put in my e-mail and password and then it hung up. I had to shut it all down and go through the process of opening up the app again. It took 3 mins to sort itself out. Lots of swearing at the app.

I wonder if me tapping the “Find our More” at 7:58 is the time Disney is doing something on their end getting ready for the opening that caused me problems.

I will try again tomorrow and not tap any buttons at 7:58.

Practiced from home on my iPhone 6s Plus with updated app this morning. Had the app open at 7:45. On front page. All looked well. At 7:58, just to see, I pressed find out more... instead of going to the page where you see “My Status” and “join a boarding group” it asked for me to log in... ☹😡. It has never asked me that. I quickly put in my e-mail and password and then it hung up. I had to shut it all down and go through the process of opening up the app again. It took 3 mins to sort itself out. Lots of swearing at the app.

I wonder if me tapping the “Find our More” at 7:58 is the time Disney is doing something on their end getting ready for the opening that caused me problems.

To add to that, at 7:45 I was able to toggle between “find out more” and go onto the page “My Status” and “Join a boarding group”. I wanted to see the greyed out buttons as people talked about yesterday. So I was super confused when at 7:58 when I went back into the “My Status” page it asked me to log in.

Stats from this morning...

7:19-left BWV
7:31- got to security with bags
7:41- tapped in with fingerprints
7:59:58sec tapped the closed app. Light was red immediately. Got BG7!!!
8:12- Group called at with 1 hour return time
8:30- inside queue got message that ride is down, we’re waiting right now.

Or possibly Disney talking points. Having all 6000 people in the park logging in (and maybe another, let's say 500-1000 at home) at exactly the same time has got to be tough on their servers. I think it's better now that it's 8 so you don't have a couple 1000 people also logging in at the same time when their FP window opens, but it's still a lot for them to handle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney try to discourage multiple people in the same party from all logging in.
When I was there in January, I heard a CM tell people that only one person from each party should try to book to increase chances. If this were the case, I might not have gotten to ride because my join button never turned red and my DH's did. He was the one that got us in a BG. I'm the one that had read thousands of posts and did all the research, so I probably would have been the one trying if only one of us did it. Then we would have been out of luck riding!

Practiced from home on my iPhone 6s Plus with updated app this morning. Had the app open at 7:45. On front page. All looked well. At 7:58, just to see, I pressed find out more... instead of going to the page where you see “My Status” and “join a boarding group” it asked for me to log in... ☹😡. It has never asked me that. I quickly put in my e-mail and password and then it hung up. I had to shut it all down and go through the process of opening up the app again. It took 3 mins to sort itself out. Lots of swearing at the app.

This is an excellent example of why we practice!! If nothing else, you will know what to do if that happens on "D-Day" and you will (hopefully) not panic as much as you would if you had never faced that situation.

Bus left Coronado 7:05. Tapped in to park about 7:40. BG 44 for group of 10. 2 of our party didn’t work so joined 104. Going to GET to combine the group.
If you don’t mind, would you report back? There are some reports from a while ago that GET would only put the whole party in the later BG. But other reports of them moving the party to the earlier BG. I’m curious if it’s better to continue and get there earlier Group for those that you can or back out and try again to see if you can get everyone.

i click my status a couple minutes before 8:00 often, ever since the day when the BGs opened early. I’ve never had it ask me to log in. However, I get asked to log in at random times all the time. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen. It’s one reason I don’t trust the app enough to close it (I wait on the home page). I think it was probably really bad luck in your case

When I was there in January, I heard a CM tell people that only one person from each party should try to book to increase chances. If this were the case, I might not have gotten to ride because my join button never turned red and my DH's did. He was the one that got us in a BG. I'm the one that had read thousands of posts and did all the research, so I probably would have been the one trying if only one of us did it. Then we would have been out of luck riding!
Totally agree. It is not going to increase your chances at all to only have one person log in. No way.

Any tips to help select your group quickly? I have about 15 or so family & friends but only 4 of us will be there. While practicing it seems to take too long to scroll, find and select the other 3. Any ideas other than deleting everyone else - don’t want to do that because we do all go together sometimes.
When making fastpasses it usually shows the people you “have plans with” at the top. It doesn’t seem to do that with the boarding groups.

Sister snagged BG21!! We did a quick tutorial for Husband, sis, BIL after getting into park around 7:20. Button never went red for me or BIL. Husband and sis were neck and neck, but sis scored it! Everyone around us was in the 20s except one guy who had an error and restarted the app and got 57. Not too bad!

Any tips to help select your group quickly? I have about 15 or so family & friends but only 4 of us will be there. While practicing it seems to take too long to scroll, find and select the other 3. Any ideas other than deleting everyone else - don’t want to do that because we do all go together sometimes.
When making fastpasses it usually shows the people you “have plans with” at the top. It doesn’t seem to do that with the boarding groups.

If you added them to your account and can change their names, Change their last name to start with Z to move them to the bottom.
If you are sharing plans with them, remove them and add them back after your trip

Some people have added the letter A or something to the beginning of the last name, but I preferred to just change everyone's avatar to the same thing. In our case, I made all of us Lightning McQueen, but you can pick anything that will stand out visually from the rest of your group. You could also have anyone removed who isn't traveling with you and you don't have other plans with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter