READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying in tonight *just* to do RotR (will be in WDW for about 60ish hours). It's my DD's and I last hurrah as Passholders. Will try for a BG tomorrow and hoping the combination of Friday curse, holiday weekend and what appears to be a *really* bad start today do not conspire against us tomorrow. I mean, how much worse can this get when reg BGs are gone in 40 seconds and backup BGs are gone in 2 minutes? (I guess I should not tempt it, we could be seeing regular BGs go in 20 seconds and backups gone in 1 minute!)

Thanks to The Chart and this thread, I'm as ready and prepared as I can be. I will post updates. @MommaBerd MTFBWY tomorrow!

And MTFBWY too!!! 🤞🤞🤞

I'm realizing that, as my trip is 8 days away, the problems, issues, and downside of this ride, likely will not be fixed before we get there.

Everyday, I check this thread prepared to see lots of positives, e.g.
"we had no problem clicking the button and getting a BG!"
"all our people showed up in the app!"
"the BGs were called right after RD!"
"the line was a continuous progression!"
"we didn't get evacuated even once!"
"I didn't have to find a GET and ask for:
1. a FP+
2. my BG to be moved
3. my kids to be added to my BG
4. my ADR to be rescheduled!".

Whomp, whomp! It ain't happenin'!

I'm not complaining. I will enjoy myself and can't wait to experience SWGE.
I, like everyone else, have enough stress in the real world that avoiding it on vacation is the whole point of vacation. All this uncertainty is kind of clouding the sunny Florida sky I'm waiting for. Is anyone else feeling the same feels? 😟

I feel the same way and may skip the ride..
We’re going first week of April but I don’t seem this going smoother anytime soon.
My husband hasn’t been to Disney since he was a teenager and everything will seem new to him so he’s fine skipping it and doing it next time on FP.
I also don’t want his introduction to HS being that wall of humanity at rope drop.
I’m the only one with FOMO since my son doesn’t know what he’s missing.
Another factor is I’m trying to get pregnant and I wouldn’t want to ride it pregnant.
Even if I’m not I may still prefer the more relaxing approach to the morning.
There’s still lots new for us at HS on this trip - we did SWGE at DL but didn’t get into Oga’s or Droid Depot that time and will do it this time.
Also have FP for MMRR.
Might be nice to save ROTR for next time!

I'm glad I'm not alone.:thumbsup2 I've been thinking there's a chance they change opening time spring break week to 7am. If that happens, I think my family will bail on trying to get a boarding group. I will say a lot of our frustration was lifted when I was able to snag Runaway Railway FP+.

I’ve had the same thought. We’re going Easter week. 8am would be hard. 7am would be impossible. My son is not an early riser. So that would make the decision for us.

I have had better luck with the new update on IPhones after modifying settings. Get rid of Bluetooth and background refresh in that app.
So turn off the background refresh when using app for BGs or turn off Bluetooth and make sure background refresh is on? What is background refresh anyway!!

Just received this response from Disney Support for the app update to fix the iPhone issue.

I am WAY too nervous, and skeptical, to update - I’m sticking with 5.7 for tomorrow. Maybe I’ll get one of my sons to update his.

Also @vinotinto - I didn’t realize today was such a bad day. Maybe Thursday took the hit this week, and we’ll have a smooth day tomorrow!

I am WAY too nervous, and skeptical, to update - I’m sticking with 5.7 for tomorrow. Maybe I’ll get one of my sons to update his.

Also @vinotinto - I didn’t realize today was such a bad day. Maybe Thursday took the hit this week, and we’ll have a smooth day tomorrow!

If your app is already working I wouldn’t change a thing! No trust, lol.

If you’re on 5.7, I don’t blame you. However, if like me you were already on 5.8....do it. Every aspect of the app on my iPhone seems to be much smoother without delay. I’ll test it tomorrow morning. Maybe just in time as I fly out tomorrow night!

Just sharing my experience from today....

we got BG13, which turned out to be one of the first to be called at 9:51, as they started with BG10 today. We got on, then had to be evacuated and were given FP’s. Saw the ride was back up when we got off Star Tours around 11:30am. Went through the FP line, which is very convenient and went through the ride smoothly with everything working. Got off at noon.
Looked like a tough day, but I’m happy to report that we had success!
Now we’re waiting for Happily Ever After at MK and it’s glorious weather!

They keep clicking up groups even here at 7:20. Wonder if they’re trying to get through the regulars and then cut it off.

Some people must be getting like half an hour to return. I bet a lot of people with later groups gave up and left when not called by 6-7.

Looks like the ride has closed for the night with 66-70 as the final BGs so looks like they didn’t get into backups?473505

Looks like the ride has closed for the night with 66-70 as the final BGs so looks like they didn’t get into backups?View attachment 473505

Another day with less than 70 BG accommodated, meaning some people with phone issues at opening missed out on riding and an auto FP.

Seems to be happening once a week or so :(. Those extra hours during December and January really seemed to have made a difference in allowing them to make up for downtime.

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated.

Unfortunately, a pretty brutal day. 61 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular, 0 Backups - for a 5.1 BG per hour average (the long-term average not including today is 9.5).

61 Boarding Groups makes today and Friday 1/17/2020 tied for the worst performing days on record in terms of the # of Boarding Groups called.

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated.

Unfortunately, a pretty brutal day. 61 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular, 0 Backups - for a 5.1 BG per hour average (the long-term average not including today is 9.5).

61 Boarding Groups makes today and Friday 1/17/2020 tied for the worst performing days on record in terms of the # of Boarding Groups called.

I just went to look at numbers (because nerd) and saw you updated, you’re so quick!

For those who enjoy watching the numbers, 3 out of the last 10 days, so 30%, have been “bad” days. 10 days, because that’s where the red line is so my eyes didn’t screw up the count 😂. Easy to say from home, but knowing that possibility I think will help me keep my expectations in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter