READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need all the help!! Any advice appreciated!

I've read only one in your group needs to try and then read everyone should try.

I've read you can practice?

I'm the designated person to try for our group if its only one person...so much pressure! ha!!

TIA

For me, it was always going to be only me trying. The stress of making my other family members do the necessary practice, having to wake them up early on DHS day and get them into position, logged on and ready, and having to remind them what to do, would always have been counterproductive compared to me getting up myself, getting “in the zone” in a nice quiet room with no distractions, able to concentrate, steely-eyed, on getting the BG. And it worked perfectly for me. Of course every family is different and other families may have equal or more success with multiple people trying.

I've read only one in your group needs to try and then read everyone should try.

I'm the designated person to try for our group if its only one person...so much pressure! ha!!

TIA
In December, we had 5 people trying, using 4 MDE accounts, and were successful both days we tried - but different people were successful each day. Both of them had practiced, but one had only practiced once, so the most important thing is to click Join-Join-Join right at 7:00 or 1:00, without looking to see who's selected, and usually the one with the fastest fingers (often it's the youngest) gets it.

In December, we had 5 people trying, using 4 MDE accounts, and were successful both days we tried - but different people were successful each day. Both of them had practiced, but one had only practiced once, so the most important thing is to click Join-Join-Join right at 7:00 or 1:00, without looking to see who's selected, and usually the one with the fastest fingers (often it's the youngest) gets it.
Yep, 7:00:00 on the dot. The one time I failed in a practice run was when I followed advice to click “Join” at 6:59:59, which did not work as it was one second too early. Get into a rhythm where you lower your finger sharply towards the screen each second, but not quite touching it, starting at about 6:59:50. Then make contact at precisely 7:00:00.

TIA
The more people in your group trying, the better probability of a person getting a boarding group, but if It’s only one person trying you still can get a group. You are able to practice at 7:00:00 and 1:00:00 every day, but if you get through it will stop you at the last step and ask if you have park tickets instead of giving you a boarding group number. Boarding groups are full within 5 seconds.

Yep, 7:00:00 on the dot. The one time I failed in a practice run was when I followed advice to click “Join” at 6:59:59, which did not work as it was one second too early. Get into a rhythm where you lower your finger sharply towards the screen each second, but not quite touching it, starting at about 6:59:50. Then make contact at precisely 7:00:00.

This happened to me on Go day- I got trigger happy, and was too early! Luckily someone else got us BG 12!

Thanks to this thread and all the helpful comments we just got boarding group 4 this morning!

We are staying offsite and checked into our rooms last night. When we checked our cell service and the resorts wifi, they were both Horrible! So, this morning me and my son in law drove down the road to an empty parking lot that had great cell service and my SIL’s fast fingers and his gaming skills paid off.

Attachments

• ACE6E568-490B-467E-B31B-32270EDB5016.png
    ACE6E568-490B-467E-B31B-32270EDB5016.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 22
Just prior to closure in March 2020, our boarding group got called 30 minutes prior to our dining reservation at Brown Derby. We made the mistake of riding prior to our ADR, and were 15 minutes late. We were treated icily by the check in desk at HBD, and seated 30 minutes later than we arrived. When my daughter and her family went in October, they had just been seated in Sci Fi when their boarding group was called, missed the hour window by 20 minutes, but were still allowed to ride by the nice cast members. We are going to HS in June, and have reservations at both Sci Fi and Droid Depot. I am assuming (dangerous, I know!) that it is more easily forgiven to be a little late for a boarding group than a reservation? Of course we would stop by ROTR and ask if we are nearby, but that might not be possible. Murphy's Law says if we get a boarding group it's going to conflict with one of our other reservations-any experiences not being allowed to board ROTR because you were late due to another booking?

Yes, this happens all the time.
You can (and should) go to your ADR on time, and then go to RotR after.
You will be allowed to enter the line for the attraction after you finally arrive.
This is the standard and accepted (by Disney) way to deal with this very common conflict,

I only click Join-Join when I do it. It might be a hair faster to start on the second screen and refresh it by pulling down on it. I start refreshing it about 5 seconds before until the “second” Join button appears. It also helps to know where the buttons appear on screen, so your fingers are above or moving to them just before they appear (Second Join - about mid-screen left, Third Join - bottom screen). I was able to get BGs 27 and 21 using this method and I don’t have young fingers that move faster.

Just prior to closure in March 2020, our boarding group got called 30 minutes prior to our dining reservation at Brown Derby. We made the mistake of riding prior to our ADR, and were 15 minutes late. We were treated icily by the check in desk at HBD, and seated 30 minutes later than we arrived. When my daughter and her family went in October, they had just been seated in Sci Fi when their boarding group was called, missed the hour window by 20 minutes, but were still allowed to ride by the nice cast members. We are going to HS in June, and have reservations at both Sci Fi and Droid Depot. I am assuming (dangerous, I know!) that it is more easily forgiven to be a little late for a boarding group than a reservation? Of course we would stop by ROTR and ask if we are nearby, but that might not be possible. Murphy's Law says if we get a boarding group it's going to conflict with one of our other reservations-any experiences not being allowed to board ROTR because you were late due to another booking?

Do your meal, then go ride. Late return to ROTR is generally no issue.

I’m not getting how to “practice”? Can someone help. Is it a separate screen from the regular screen (my reservations aren’t until May)

I’m not getting how to “practice”? Can someone help. Is it a separate screen from the regular screen (my reservations aren’t until May)
On the Home Screen of the app, scroll down until you see the “AT AT”, at exactly 7:00:00 and 1:00:00 you can practice by hitting the Join there (and then the next two screens that will also have a join button). Click through them as fast as you.

Not a separate screen. Practice can only happen when the boarding group windows are open at 7 and 1 EST for WDW. DL will be open this weekend with boarding group windows at 7 and noon PST if those times are more convenient you can practice on the DL app, just remember to use WDW app when you're onsite.

You can go through the boarding group screens and attempt to get a boarding group, but you'll be stopped at the last screen asking if you have a reservation. That screen is an indication that you would have been successful had you had a reservation that day. As indicated above, you click the 3 join buttons on consecutive pages as soon as the clock changes to exactly 7:00:00, etc.

What happens if you miss your boarding group? We have HS on our first day and are worried we will get an early BG and not be there on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter