READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I won't do that, but I'm praying they'll just get up whatever time is needed to get there. Our family pretty much plans to be at whatever park we're going to around an hour prior to rope drop regardless of park and crowds. We're a family of 8 so it takes a while to get through bag check and turnstiles even thought we've got AP's. From what I'm seeing, that plan is pretty much what most are doing anyway.
Uber

At about 6 hours of operation time and 94 BG's called, it looks the ride was eating people like crazy when it was actually running.
I'm not sure we have any on the ground reports but with the way the line was at 7pm they might have continued to run the ride well past closing. That said, even if they ran the ride an additional hour, you are right, that's still a very solid throughput!

Another factor that might have affected thing is the number of people who no-showed their BGs. As people went about their day, it's possible many gave up on the ride and did not come back to DHS once their BG was called. None of this should detract from what was a great recovery here today though!

I know people get in line for FOP right at closing. So if your Bg is called at 6pm (like tonight when they are packing the line) could you/should you get in line at 7:55pm?
Other than running the risk the ride could go down again. Or sheer exhaustion from waiting around all day 😂😂
If I was at the tail end of the BGs called I'd do exactly what you said. Wait until the end. I'm sure everybody is rushing to join the line once their BG is called so the line was probably much more manageable at 7:55pm vs. the twitter photo we saw at 6:45pm.

Soo glad to see my DHS day on 1/31 was moved to 7am open. I was worried about fighting with bigger crowds to get a BG. Now, I can almost guarantee we will be leaving after our 6pm ADR because we will be wiped. Now we might try RDing MFSR with the masses instead of waiting until the end of night because it will be our third consecutive park day and honestly don't think we will last that long.

When I saw that regular BGs lasted just a minute this morning...
giphy.gif

Luckily, those MLK crowds will soon be leaving!
For those wondering how I write-up my touring plan for the parks:
200.gif

View attachment 466884

Thank you all for the support and likes for "The Chart".
It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to compile this data for the group!
For those of you that know me...you know I'm quite proud of my "reaction score:messages" ratio.
I truly appreciate all the reactions!!

giphy.gif
thank you for all of the Office references!
I think I must be the only person on the planet that hopes it stays 9:00 AM. We are getting off a cruise on Saturday Feb 8 and was hoping that if we can get in the park by 9:30 I might have a fighting chance at a backup BG. If it opens at 7:00 we have no shot.
Nope, we are too!
You're not. We're going 2/5 and it's scheduled for 9am as of now. My family is always good to go early, but we're going with another large family and I don't know how they'll be. We're all staying in my rental house in Orlando together so I can't just leave them if they're not ready. Opening at 9am and us planning to be at the gate by 8am is far more doable than an hour earlier, especially since we're all accustomed to central time.
We're hoping for nothing earlier than 8am opening. My family won't get up early enough to get a BG otherwise.

We stayed at POR last week and took the park bus to DHS on two separate days. The bus time showed up in the MDE app so we were able to plan when to leave the room. We took the bus that came at 5:54 one day and saw an arrival time of approx 5:40 am another day. I watched the app for other bus times and saw that a bus for DHS came approximately every 15 minutes in the early morning.

You might want to give yourselves at least an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the park via the buses.

It sounds like the non skyliner hotel guests are having better luck with the buses than the skyliner hotels guests.

I will literally eat my hat if they don't bump up opening until 7 (or at the very least 8) for that week!

Hoping! We arrive on the 2nd...MCO at 9:15. No HS plans that day, for sure. But come on, 3rd or 4th or 5th!!! 😁 I am obsessively stalking the park hours...as if I have no job to do or life to live...mercy!

How are the buses around 6 AM? We are going from POP on 1/26 and SSR on 1/31. Willing to take a Lyft, but would prefer a bus (I’ve heard sometimes the Lyft doesn’t show, or the driver misses a turn).

Don’t care about RD, but really want to get BG for RotR.

Suggestions?

I will literally eat my hat if they don't bump up opening until 7 (or at the very least 8) for that week!

I don’t know if I can take the stress of getting a boarding group if they are going on 90 seconds. My phone has been running slow and I’m sure one of my kid’s bathroom emergencies will perfectly sync with park opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter