READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair and I can understand wanting to give people some comfort in knowing that a backup group is not the end of the world.
And there are those of us who got backup groups on Sunday and it was cruising all day, then went down at 3:45 and they never allowed any more the rest of day. We were 9 away from being called and were on pace to be riding around 4:30 or 5:500. Should have had plenty of time. No matter how you slice it it’s a gamble. We still had a great time and enjoyed the park and everything else.

This is such a bummer. Plenty of time to reset it and make sure all groups were called. This isn't a $20 county fair.

The "better luck next time" mentality is ridiculous. For some people "next time" could be 10 years.
Yeah it stung a little. We came back to Disney specifically to see GE, we had one day at DHS and it will be years before we are back again. My kids were pretty awesome about it all even though they are huge Star Wars fans. They were disappointed but we all agreed we still had a great time and we weren’t going to let something we can’t help ruin it. I am not sure how they don’t realize it but not everyone lives close and can come whenever they want. We are a 13 hour drive away and Have to save and save for Disney. We wanted one ride that we honestly would have gladly waited in a 3 hour line for if it was an option. Unfortunately it’s a basically a lottery of luck and when your out your out. It’s unfortunate but we knew what we were getting into I suppose. We are the only people we personally know that got a pass and didn’t get on so all of our friends and family who have rode were super bummed for my boys.

Decided to go for it again today since all my FPs are in HS starting at 8:30. iPhone 11 with Verizon.

Woke up at 6:45 and out the door around 7 from Coronado (Cabanas aka second to last stop before Gran Destino Tower).

No bus time posted, waited with about 15 others and a full HS bus passed us at some point. Another couple decided to Uber. More people arriving so getting risky as there are no corrals and it’s every person for themself to stuff onto a full bus. Gave it a few minutes then called an Uber at 7:20 to the tower (so they didn’t have to circle the entire resort to get to bus stop 4). Uber arrived 7:29 at the main tower lobby. I turned my phone off in the Uber, waited a minute, and back on.

Bit more of a backup at the entrance to HS and the ride share drop off than when I was around 10 minutes earlier the day before. Dropped off at 7:45 so it took about 15 minutes when yesterday it took 10.

Went to the left side for security this time and was thru by 7:50 even though the line is intimidating. Much busier than yesterday at 7:30. Was scanned in by 7:53 despite another longish line as they didn’t take fingerprints this time. I made sure WiFi was off at this point.

The entrance was slammed with people so find another spot. I headed to the same spot on Sunset outside Anaheim Produce. A few more people but still pretty empty, line didn’t extend as far out today for RnR or ToT. My speed test was much faster here than near buildings at the start of Sunset.

Started my stopwatch at 7:57, closed other apps and opened MDE at 7:58. With my eye on the second hand I switched to MDE at 8 and clicked “Find Out More” after a few seconds, probably closer to 8:00:04 today since I didn’t want to be too quick. Join boarding group was red and I quickly clicked through and got boarding group 8!

8:30 and they haven’t started BGs yet. Smugglers run standby is LONG I can’t even see where it ends and I’m outside Ronto so forget about it unless you’re very early.

Sharing my BG 3 experience from yesterday, 3/1: we got a Lyft from Caribbean Beach at 7:05 to arrive at HS at 7:15. Through bag check and tapped-in at 7:30, we headed to the Galaxy’s Edge entrance and lined up behind 4-500 people already there (we were thinking we would have to rope drop the Falcon due to a lost FP app disaster). At least 4-500 more people were behind us by 7:45 In the road to the GE gateway. We had a friend from home on IPhone 6, and the four of us on IPhones ranging from SE to 11. Everyone was instructed to open MDE app at 7:55.

No one touched the GE image or Find Out More at all until 8:00:01. I saw people around us trying all kinds of things (one guy had “my status” open at 7:50 and he just kept refreshing rapidly—not sure what happened with him, but there was no cheering!). At 7:59:55, according to the second-hand on the time app on our phones, we all shifted your the main screen on MDE and counted down. AFTER the time at the top of the phone screen hit 8:00:00, everyone in my group started cycling through the steps of the process and my son on an IPhone 7 with the MDE 5.8.1 update got through: BG 3. The family to our left got 54 a couple of seconds later. Not sure about widespread success; there was some cheering here and there but mostly a lot of confused faces. You could see people studying the app for a beat, but also everyone started moving into GE to rope drop MFSR. After our issue on Thursday (when only I got the BG due to the bizarre “these people in your party don’t have tickets to the park” problem), I was nervous until I could recycle through to My Status and actually see 4 people in the boarding group). Success!

We were called to RotR at around 8:12, while in line for Falcon. We had a 2 hour window, but the stand-by for the Falcon was 120 min right out of the gate, so we decided to scrap the Falcon and head to RotR. We had the total RotR experience, and it was like a well-oiled machine. We were off by 8:50. Bizarrely, yesterday’s Sunday crowd was lighter than Thursday’s.

Tragically, the night before we had lost a Falcon FP due to app confusion and the wrong thing getting cancelled. I found a Guest Relations professional and explained that I’d had a Falcon FP that somehow got lost in my rush to cancel an ADR the night before, and I had paperwork (old school) showing that I had the FP. She looked at that, tapped my magic band into her souped-up Ipad and restored the FP!

So, for us, both of our trips to HS were great, but we needed help from Guest Experience and Guest Relations both times to smooth it out due to App troubles, and they are very much aware of app mishaps. They can help, but it seems like you need evidence that you’ve had an actual app mishap and not just bad luck.

Thanks for the help Disboard!

Group 8 called at 8:38! Was this the first group today? App just said now boarding group 8.

Edit: there were quite a few people ahead of me so probably not first, scanned in 8:41 and off 9:01. Back row again but on right side this time which was a significantly better view.

Last edited:

Edit.. Not complaining at all!!! Excited to have boarding group, have fast pass for MFSR, have a fast pass for MMRR for Saturday so family is def very lucky and excited!!! Was just hoping to get in guaranteed BG but like All the stars show there is a good chance they make it into Backups!! 👍🏻👍🏻

Today was my day and little nervous/bummed!! Family of 5....Loved all the info, followed everything except the two second pause right at 8.... had to exit out and renter ... boarding group 76 (backup) .... trying to stay positive!!

Last edited:
First time practicing at home. Opened app at 7:59, clicked on find out more right at 8, no red button. Clicked check status still no red button. Forced shut down and when I clicked back on app it was already in back up groups. Probably less than 30 seconds after 8. Checked again at 8:04 all groups gone.

I'll try again next time I'm up at that time of day. Trip isn't til September so I'm really hoping things improve by then.
Please read post # 12,811 above on this page. Very good information that will solve your problem with getting the red button.

I just saw a woman on Twitter complaining that she is never able to get a BG. She said she’s an AP holder and guest relations told her it’s bc she goes to the parks to often that she can’t secure a BG. That can’t possibly be true right?

I just saw a woman on Twitter complaining that she is never able to get a BG. She said she’s an AP holder and guest relations told her it’s bc she goes to the parks to often that she can’t secure a BG. That can’t possibly be true right?
There's a guy on another forum who has ridden something like 25 times now. Never has a problem getting a BG with his ap.

Ride opened at 8:40. BGs 8-10 were the first called. We were walking into GE just as we were called so we went right to the attraction. The wait was just the walk of the queue. I’d venture a guess that we might have been one of the first few groups of people to go through today.

I can’t even get over how incredible that was!!!

I practiced this morning and for the first time ever had one of my sons not show up on my list. It took me back for a second, then I chose the other 3 of us and moved forward, but forgot to take a screen shot (obviously wouldn’t matter today, but for real I would want one). I went back and forth a couple of times, then went ahead and closed the app and he was there when it reopened at 8:40:50 but it was in backups. Always something new it seems.

I had the same thing happen during my practice today. One of my kids didn't pop up on the list and it freaked me out, so much so that I went back to check and make sure the rest of their FP+ didn't disappear. They were still there, and when I went back to find a boarding group, it seemed fine.

I am with you though, I will definitely snag a screen shot and continue on, then go see the GET to request the missing one get added if it happens on a park day.

So that’s interesting. Red button at 8, then about 45 seconds later red button gone. Then red button back for backups at 8:01.
i see this sometimes too. Today I got the "something went wrong" pop-up around 8:00:30. I was able to cycle through and finish but after that my button greyed out. Restarted app and Backups. There's probably something with the way the app/server communicate when cycling refreshing and it switches to backup. I would imagine this isn't a real world issue as you aren't going to cycle through multiple times in the park???

CMs who don’t know answers should keep their mouths shut. They should just give that poor woman a fastpass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter