READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was our one and only day to try this. Got there around 7. A CM said it was a slow day so far, which was kind of funny considering the masses of people. Ended up going through the second to right tapstile. Aimed for the third to right and missed, which slowed us down a touch. My party got distracted by a short looking coffee line that wasn't actually as quick as it looked. Abandoned that and headed to Slinky Dog. We were nearly at the front of where they were holding up people from entering Toy Story Land. They said 45-60 minute wait from there. I figured 40 and it was just under that, which was great.

We had three in the park and one out of the park trying for the BG. I thought ahead of time about what if I froze in the moment of doing this like it was a key moment at the end of a sporting event and was amused by the thought. In reality I got through and selected "select all" and clicked "join boarding group." Then I got the "something went wrong" error at that point when I was expecting to see a low BG number. For a moment I did kind of freeze. What did I do from here? Did I try and screen shot using this phone that I'm borrowing? Did I try to refresh or go back somehow? Right when I spotted there was a refresh button on the error page my wife next to me announced she got BG 16! That fit perfectly into our plans for the day and we rode mid-morning. The line moved a bit slower than I imagine it does some time, but it was totally fine. I wasn't watching the time but I imagine we were in and out in a little less than an hour. It was quite the experience! Thanks everyone here for your help!

CMs who don’t know answers should keep their mouths shut. They should just give that poor woman a fastpass.

I lean more towards not believing the woman that a cast member really said this to her. It's so obviously not true - makes no sense - and we're hearing this from a supposed AP holder who is constantly at the parks and continually fails to get a FP when everyone else here is generally having no problem? Yeah - I doubt the problem is the cast member . . .

I lean more towards not believing the woman that a cast member really said this to her. It's so obviously not true - makes no sense - and we're hearing this from a supposed AP holder who is constantly at the parks and continually fails to get a FP when everyone else here is generally having no problem? Yeah - I doubt the problem is the cast member . . .
Was just thinking the same thing. there's only been a handful of days you had to be at the park at 8am to get a bg, otherwise, you could show up after opening and still grab one and even the slowest fingers on the planet could grab a BG. Hopefully the person who saw it on twitter pointed them to this thread so they could figure out how to get a BG in the future.

I just saw a woman on Twitter complaining that she is never able to get a BG. She said she’s an AP holder and guest relations told her it’s bc she goes to the parks to often that she can’t secure a BG. That can’t possibly be true right?
Sounds like someone who hasn't bothered to read this thread :)
Whats the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results??? L

Is there any way to tell when you are practicing if you would have gotten a regular or backup boarding group?

Is there any way to tell when you are practicing if you would have gotten a regular or backup boarding group?

Kind of. When it flips over to backup groups, it'll say "Estimated Wait: Backup Group" or something like that at the top of the page where you click the red "join boarding group" button. However, my guess is that a lot of people still end up with a backup group even if it didn't say that on the join page.

ETA: And at some point you'll begin seeing a popup when you click "join boarding group" that will warn you that you are joining a backup boarding group. But that popup often doesn't show up as early as I think backup boarding groups begin being distributed, so NOT seeing that popup does NOT mean you wouldn't get a backup group, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I just want to be sure I have everything straight; I practice daily, and when it says select all, my entire party is there. I keep reading about kids not showing up. Each of the 4 adults have their own MDE and we are all linked. Do the kids need their own MDE or are they ok under one of the parents? We will, of course make sure everyone's MB is linked. Also, do you recommend that they remove all their old MBs? I just had a CM remove quite a few of mine.
Thanks!

Do a twitter or Internet search on any given day and you can find countless BG posts full of hyperbole at best or just plain wrong information at worst. Most are not worth dragging into the confines of this thread.

Heck, go to DHS on any given morning and get to know those around you or pay close attention to things you see/hear - misinformation abounds.

Take comfort in the accurate knowledge gained from real world experiences posted here on a daily basis by very helpful DISers. :goodvibes

I just want to be sure I have everything straight; I practice daily, and when it says select all, my entire party is there. I keep reading about kids not showing up. Each of the 4 adults have their own MDE and we are all linked. Do the kids need their own MDE or are they ok under one of the parents? We will, of course make sure everyone's MB is linked. Also, do you recommend that they remove all their old MBs? I just had a CM remove quite a few of mine.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you have to be 13 (at least) before you can even make an MDE account. Just leave them under your control. If you want them to help out on another device, log them into one of the adult accounts (yours or someone else in your party).

Do a twitter or Internet search on any given day and you can find countless BG posts full of hyperbole at best or just plain wrong information at worst. Most are not worth dragging into the confines of this thread.

Heck, go to DHS on any given morning and get to know those around you or pay close attention to things you see/hear - misinformation abounds.

Take comfort in the accurate knowledge gained from real world experiences posted here on a daily basis by very helpful DISers. :goodvibes

I would add BGs aren’t the only thing this applies to. Being here already gives you a leg up on most guests.

We were there on 2/17. After getting our BG for RotR we followed a long, snaking line to MFSR. We made it to the entrance at 8:30 and saw the single-rider line. We hopped into it and there were only four people ahead of us. That was a very busy day so I'd say you have nothing to worry about at 8:15.

We hadn't done a ton of research before our trip so we didn't know anything about MFSR, including not knowing that there's a single-rider line. We would have walked right on without following the line if we had known.
When we were there in January, the single rider line wasn't open right away. We walked around Galaxy's Edge for 20 minutes or so. When we came back it was open and we waited about 5 minutes to get on the ride. My son wanted to re-ride and it was closed again. About 30 minutes later, it was open again and we walked right on. It's definitely a much faster way to get on this ride but you will most likely not have a chance to be pilot. My son really wanted to be pilot. We tried 3 times in the single rider line before he gave up. I was not standing in line for 90+ minutes for a chance at pilot.

It really seems to get stuck around 60 a lot. We were BG 60 last week and were evacuated right before the ride vehicles (fortunately got to go on later that day because it was AMAZING). I've been nostalgically checking the progress on the app since we got home, and it does really seem they can get through about 60 groups before doing a reset.

EDITED removed potential spoiler

It really seems to get stuck around 60 a lot. We were BG 60 last week and were evacuated right before the ride vehicles (fortunately got to go on later that day because it was AMAZING). I've been nostalgically checking the progress on the app since we got home, and it does really seem they can get through about 60 groups before doing a reset.

EDITED removed potential spoiler

I unfortunately read your non-edited thread and I am not happy to see your spoiler. You may have upset many others as well.

Dear All- Please do not write anything about any part of the ride or stages in the ride

It's true that CMs are telling APs who are experiencing glitches that "you're here too often, so the system is confused." Molly from AllEars had it happen to her, and she said that's what the GET CM told her. And I saw another video of a family having one person in their group showing as not in the park, and when they went to the GET CM they were told the same thing. Whether that explanation is true or not is another matter, but it is what they are telling people.

Here's the video queued to the point where the CM explains the AP glitch (and just in case it doesn't jump to the right spot, it starts at 4:05)...

Edit: Since the video does eventually contain spoilers 20 min. or so in, it has been hidden behind a spoiler tag just to be safe. However, the relevant footage of the CM explaining the AP glitch has no spoilers - just make sure to stop watching the video after that part if you want to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:
It's true that CMs are telling APs who are experiencing glitches that "you're here too often, so the system is confused." Molly from AllEars had it happen to her, and she said that's what the GET CM told her. And I saw another video of a family having one person in their group showing as not in the park, and when they went to the GET CM they were told the same thing. Whether that explanation is true or not is another matter, but it is what they are telling people.

It will be quite interesting if they try to use that excuse on me...

First time practicing at home. Opened app at 7:59, clicked on find out more right at 8, no red button. Clicked check status still no red button.
Hi. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you should be looking for the red button after clicking "find out more" but NOT a red button after clicking "check status". The button is blue on the status screen and is only subtly different from a non-functional button (light blue vs. blue).

Hi. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you should be looking for the red button after clicking "find out more" but NOT a red button after clicking "check status". The button is blue on the status screen and is only subtly different from a non-functional button (light blue vs. blue).
Right, this is true.

Good luck, they just ticked up to 76 Ronferr80!

Here's the video queued to the point where the CM explains the AP glitch (and just in case it doesn't jump to the right spot, it starts at 4:05)...

While a really long video and any spoilers aren’t until the very end so people would have forever to turn it off before getting to one, I put the video as spoiler just for any unsuspecting folks. FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter