READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you were not planning to go to HS today? Instead you used a park reservation with your AP and basically took a BG from a family that was planning on going today just so you could practice? Please tell me I'm reading this wrong!!!
This is how I read the post as well. I really hope we are wrong and this is not the case since it is so hard to get a group for those actually at the parks.

Not sure why this surprises anyone. The process is a crap shoot with tons of glitches. People want to try it out so they have a clearer idea of how to do it. Some of them are going to go far enough to be assigned a BG. Can't imagine enough will be doing this on any given day to make an actual difference.

Tried at 2pm today and got through to “not everyone is in park“ screen. Sure hope that means I would have gotten a BG. I will be in park tomorrow so crossing fingers DD14 and I get a BG! But I got to this screen both times today and when I backed out and tried again, all spots were gone, so even with plexiglass and supposed ability to fit twice the people, they are still gone within a second or two.

Ok. Here is my question. I know we want to go to the main page on the app when attempting to join. Do you hit join and keep refreshing until 7am? Or do you just stay on the main page until 7am and hit join?

Tried at 2pm today and got through to “not everyone is in park“ screen. Sure hope that means I would have gotten a BG. I will be in park tomorrow so crossing fingers DD14 and I get a BG! But I got to this screen both times today and when I backed out and tried again, all spots were gone, so even with plexiglass and supposed ability to fit twice the people, they are still gone within a second or two.
yes that meant that if you had a DHS park res you would've gotten into a bg, remember capacity has not doubled per individual, it has doubled per party. For example I was there today and took up a whole row of 4 as a single rider, the people riding in front of me on the same car were a family of 4, so it depends on the make of each party riding

Ok. Here is my question. I know we want to go to the main page on the app when attempting to join. Do you hit join and keep refreshing until 7am? Or do you just stay on the main page until 7am and hit join?
I open the app about 2 minutes before joining time and don't touch anything until the clock on my phone turns to (7am or 2pm now) as soon as it turns I hit join on the main page and join on the next page,, which is the party selection. Since everyone is preselected it's a matter of 2 seconds between hitting the first and second join.

Is there any advantage (or advice) as far as clicking "Join" from the RotR advertisement on the main page vs. "refreshing" from the virtual queue page?

yes that meant that if you had a DHS park res you would've gotten into a bg, remember capacity has not doubled per individual, it has doubled per party. For example I was there today and took up a whole row of 4 as a single rider, the people riding in front of me on the same car were a family of 4, so it depends on the make of each party riding
Gotcha, thanks for explanation.

Is there any advantage (or advice) as far as clicking "Join" from the RotR advertisement on the main page vs. "refreshing" from the virtual queue page?
If you are continuously refreshing, you might refresh right before the drop, then the next refresh is a few seconds after the drop, so you could be getting in late. Might not be much difference as many say they get their BG this way and many say they get theirs the other way. That's been the nice thing about practicing, finding something that works for you before heading to the park.

Sounds like no, but unless I go and mess with all settings on my phone it goes into sleep mode after 20 seconds for non-use or something like that. Then I have to either retype passcode or faceid to get back on, so it is easier for me to just get on a minute before, have my watch on the second hand, refresh every 10 seconds or so as not to lose my screen, and on the dot, click join by watching second hand on my apple watch. I found out by practicing at home that works best for me. I had my phone time out on me several times at home until someone mentioned refreshing. That method has worked better for me to actually get through.

Sounds like no, but unless I go and mess with all settings on my phone it goes into sleep mode after 20 seconds for non-use or something like that. Then I have to either retype passcode or faceid to get back on, so it is easier for me to just get on a minute before, have my watch on the second hand, refresh every 10 seconds or so as not to lose my screen, and on the dot, click join. I found out by practicing at home that works best for me. I had my phone time out on me several times at home until someone mentioned refreshing. That method has worked better for me to actually get through.
Depending on the kind of phone you have, you can change the length of time before it goes to sleep. My phone died on the weekend so I had to purchase a new one. One of the first things I did was change the auto sleep from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. It was a very easy change on the iPhone XR.

A little update for everyone. I wrote yesterday about my parents not able to get a BG due to the glitch. I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday to no avail and was promised a manager would call me yesterday. Never got a call. Got a phone call this morning and explained the situation to the manager. He apologized, said they’d had a lot of problems. I told him that was to be expected with a new system, but that they needed something for service recovery. He agreed and I explained to him that my parents were leaving today, so I didn’t know what they could do. He ended up emailing my parents 2 free 1-day passes. I thought that was very generous and am grateful. I just hope my parents continue to be active enough to be able to do Disney. They for sure can’t do a week long trip anymore. They just go for a couple of days at a time. My parents had a great couple of days at Disney overall. The night was made because their server at Kona cafe last night took a liking to them and brought them a free dessert tray. A little Disney Magic.

No real major differences which way you chose to try for a BG. There is no need to keep refreshing if you are on the VQ page. Just hit the button at the magic time of exactly 7 AM or 2 PM.

I personally don't like the main screen since it is a scroll-able page and the button can move if you accidentally brush the screen while or as you are trying to press the Join button.

Dave

Dave,
I tried those steps but I get a notification "we are unable to update Guest information at this time." I have to call today so I will see if they can take care of it for me. Thanks for the help, though!
Hope you were able to get that taken care of... I was actually able to get mine "fixed" via chat in the app!

Not sure if there's an advantage but we did practice from home using the main page and hitting the join button 2x with good results.

However, when it came to the actual day of trial, my DS immediately switched to the refresh method.
He found it easier, being already advanced beyond hitting the first join button, and not having to worry about remaining logged in.

Also, although I already got notification from Disney last week or whenever it was about the change in procedure, today I got a notification reminding me of the procedure and reminding me I’m scheduled to attend HS tomorrow. Just thought that might be helpful for people who try for a BG and the app suddenly says they are not scheduled to be in the park that day as I would assume they send everyone reminders the day before. So if you don’t get a reminder, maybe call Disney to confirm you are on the schedule? Also make sure to have push notifications on and you’ll get reminders about everything like ADR’s, park reservations,, and anything you’ve scheduled through the app.

8:40am - head out walk over to Riviera skyliner to CBR hub
8:50 am - immediately hit a major line at the CBR transfer station which takes 25 min to get through
915 am - board CBR skyliner to DHS

9:27am - through the touchpoints at DHS
MMRR has a major line at this point so we walk to Toy Story Land.

9:35am - in line at SDD
9:45am - they start calling Boarding Groups 1-5 but we're still in line at SDD.

9:55 am - off SDD boarding groups 1-10 open

Wow, what a difference a few minutes can make. We also got a boarding group from Rivera yesterday, but we left the room at 8:30 and walked on the Skyliner to CBR about 8:35. When we got to CBR, we were taken to the line on the platform, and a few minutes later, the line of CBR guests filled in behind us. We were on one of the first gondolas to DHS, probably 15 people back from our temp check line, went straight to MMRR and was done by 10:05 (it started running at 9:45).

Long time lurker. Avid Disney planner and epic fail on Nov 3rd. Didn’t get notified about the 7 am change and we practiced everyday before we checked in Oct 31 (3 kids and full park days so we didn’t look at the ROTR screen for only 2 days). Disney wifi didn’t even allow mobile ordering (kept thinking and occasionally would move to next sceeen but pause again; which I knew was a bad sign for getting a boarding group) and Guest services just shrugged shoulders after seeing screenshots and told us to turn off wifi, they know there are issues and keep trying for ROTR, they can’t help us get one at 2 pm. Got backup boarding group 100 at 2 pm with my husbands cell (I got something went wrong before he got the group; I got groups at home so I was fast; app was slow) and we were not called as ride had issues. I have location services on and notifications (I get all other notices). I’m not sure what else I can do. Our whole group was extremely disappointed and I can’t sleep as we are trying to get one again today.

Any other tips?

I’m using AT&T and had restarted my phone and logged in to MDE (I kept getting stuck and bounced back asking to log in so I tried with Safari and it still wouldn’t login) a couple of minutes before 2 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter