READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a test run this morning to get a BG. I was refreshing by pulling down on the page that the join button appears at 7 am. I am wondering if the join button appears if you do not refresh? Do I have to refresh for it to become visible? At 7 am, I refreshed and the join button appeared, I pushed join and then the next screen I had to add my DH. Then joined on that page. Maybe took 5-6 seconds. I got the message that all the BG were out. I had hoped to get the message that I did not have reservations for that day. I am assuming, had I had reservations, I would have not gotten a BG. I am trying to figure how how to do this faster...

Tried a test run this morning to get a BG. I was refreshing by pulling down on the page that the join button appears at 7 am. I am wondering if the join button appears if you do not refresh? Do I have to refresh for it to become visible? At 7 am, I refreshed and the join button appeared, I pushed join and then the next screen I had to add my DH. Then joined on that page. Maybe took 5-6 seconds. I got the message that all the BG were out. I had hoped to get the message that I did not have reservations for that day. I am assuming, had I had reservations, I would have not gotten a BG. I am trying to figure how how to do this faster...

Don't stop to add people.

So wait til you are in the park? Do we know for sure they will allow them to be added after the fact?

Ride has been down. We waited 35 minutes fans needed rider switch and I’d have to wait with an infant again.

So wait til you are in the park? Do we know for sure they will allow them to be added after the fact?

I'm assuming you were "practicing" this morning, and didn't have reservations for HS. When you do it for real, you all will have a reservation and everyone should be checked. If there's a glitch and everyone is not checked, just go forward anyway and when you get to the park have them add who's missing.

ETA: Those who had a glitch that everyone wasn't added since they changed this on Tuesday had no problem getting the GET people to add everyone. But I'm sure they're working on this glitch so it doesn't happen as much.

Also, I am in boarding group 58 today. They are only to boarding groups 29–33 and the estimate time is 130 minutes so it must’ve been down quite a bit this morning.

Also, we are staying at Pop and have a car since we flew in to Sanford. There is no way my DD14 would be able To get up and get in line for either the bus or skyliner at 7 AM. That was just me getting the BG. We knew we wanted to still try and rope drop but I didn’t really want to pay for an Uber to the speedway when I had a rental car so we just drove. We left about 8:40 am And our first drive-through officers sent us around so we didn’t get to stay in line. We did the Loop and the next time we were in line and we stayed in the far right lane, the fifth car. They probably did liet cars in after Skyliners etc. but we got there soon enough that by the time we got to MMRR, It was approximately 9:20 AM and a 15 minute wait. And then we went over to MFSR and had approx 20-25 min wait. We got off that, and it was just a little after 10 AM and MMRR was already up to 80-90 minutes and a lot of the rides were over 60 minutes. Slinky over 80 min. We then did star Tours and Toy story mania and shopped around before lunch. We just got in line for Tower of terror and posted wait was 30 minutes so we will see. Really enjoyed the pork osso bucco at H&V!

Last edited:
If I’m staying at Bay Lake Tower, what is the best way to get to DHS for rope drop? Does the bus run early enough? I’ll have a car, bit it sounds like they aren’t letting drivers in early enough.

Well technically we were there for rope drop because they hadn’t let anybody up to the temperature tents yet when we got in line and we drove. We got in far left lane as others have said it moves fastest and it did.

So you were not planning to go to HS today? Instead you used a park reservation with your AP and basically took a BG from a family that was planning on going today just so you could practice? Please tell me I'm reading this wrong!!!

Nah, not really. If there are no shows that means that they just send more boarding groups. That's part of the whole point of the BGs. So if you don't show, it means that somebody who was in a back-up BG who wouldn't have got to go can go now. The math still works out.

If you want to be a good Samaritan about it, your best bet is to keep your parties as close to four without going over (previously 8). That increases the odds that every seat will get filled.

Nah, not really. If there are no shows that means that they just send more boarding groups. That's part of the whole point of the BGs. So if you don't show, it means that somebody who was in a back-up BG who wouldn't have got to go can go now. The math still works out.

If you want to be a good Samaritan about it, your best bet is to keep your parties as close to four without going over (previously 8). That increases the odds that every seat will get filled.
This isn't necessarily accurate. If there are no shows they MIGHT board more bg, sometimes they make the decision early on in the day on how many bg they'll take.

We're traveling with a large group (15 of us). What I want to do is split up into smaller parties for trying to get boarding groups. But is it automatically going to add all 15 people to my list? How can I do this and stay within the 5 second time frame best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter