Reafirmation-as to why I bought DVC

nezy

DIS Veteran
I recently came back from a trip to WDW. WE did not stay at a DVC resort-but at POR -took advantage of free dining.
Anyway, we had a great stay at POR-really a nice resort, we had a great room location. Fun trip. All good-nothing to complain about.
On the last day we went over to SSR as my mom was interested in seeing the latest DVC resort. As soon as I was there I realized why (yet another reason why) I love my DVC-

First, "WELCOME HOME" Love it!

But also I realized the atmosphere at the DVC resorts are alot less frenenetic than at the regular resorts. Whenever I go to GF, or Poly or other resorts-it is soo busy. Lots going on and not very relaxing. When I was at SSR I felt calm and relaxed -I had an aha! moment!

I will say Boardwalk has this frenzied feeling but we usually don't stay there. All of the DVC resorts have that quiet, relaxing aspect that I think I need when I am on vacation and going to parks that are not relaxing. Ya know what I mean?

I recently came back from a trip to WDW. WE did not stay at a DVC resort-but at POR -took advantage of free dining.
Anyway, we had a great stay at POR-really a nice resort, we had a great room location. Fun trip. All good-nothing to complain about.
On the last day we went over to SSR as my mom was interested in seeing the latest DVC resort. As soon as I was there I realized why (yet another reason why) I love my DVC-

First, "WELCOME HOME" Love it!

But also I realized the atmosphere at the DVC resorts are alot less frenenetic than at the regular resorts. Whenever I go to GF, or Poly or other resorts-it is soo busy. Lots going on and not very relaxing. When I was at SSR I felt calm and relaxed -I had an aha! moment!

I will say Boardwalk has this frenzied feeling but we usually don't stay there. All of the DVC resorts have that quiet, relaxing aspect that I think I need when I am on vacation and going to parks that are not relaxing. Ya know what I mean?

You actually hit the nail on the head as to why we are so fond of our DVC. It is also why OKW is so much a favorite of ours. We too stayed at POR for just one night a few months ago, and disliked not only the franetic feeling, but also the cramped quarters and beds.

I think the key is that DVC Resorts are "home" or Home Away From Home as they used to say.

All the comforts of home, yet nicer in many ways. Plus being in the heart of WDW is just the icing on the cake.

When we bought our original OKW contract, the villas actually were nicer than our current home at the time, lol. Made us look forward even more to vacations...

I've definitely noticed the more laid back feeling at DVC resorts. I've even joked with my family that we can tell who at the Beach Club is staying at the Villas because we're the ones walking slowly and refusing to wait in line for a table at Beaches and Cream. :rotfl:

I think it's because most DVC members visit at least once a year and aren't in a rush to see everything and do everything every trip.

When we bought our original OKW contract, the villas actually were nicer than our current home at the time, lol. Made us look forward even more to vacations...

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

We double our living space in an OKW one bedroom. Actually, more than. I know, I know, hard to imagine. I live in a downtown condo. And love it.

Aaahh...heaven...an OKW one bedroom. I can almost imagine myself there.

Last summer I overheard this conversation at the BCV on a beautiful sunny afternoon:

A: What are you going to do now?

B: I don't know. I think I'm going to head over to that pool bar. What about you?

A: Nah. Maybe later though. I think I'm going to go take a nap.

B: That sounds good.

:rotfl: Love it. One of the top reasons we bought DVC. Hanging out. Being lazy. Not rushing to do anything.

We baught site unseen, we got it just because we loved WDW so much, but after our first stay I got the same feeling, it was almost like you didn't feel like you were missing out just staying in the room and relaxing

I couldnt agree more! We get that same feeling whether staying at VWL(our home), OKW, SSR or BCV. We have never stayed at BWV, VB or HH, but we get the feeling we would get the same result.

Thanks for posting this.

I have been to VB and HH and I defiantely get that relaxed home away from home feeling there.

It was amazing-as soon as I walked in the obvious difference to me. Even the musci in the bathroom was more relaxing! The lobby, the pool area the people who worked at the food area-a very different atmosphere like oh stop and breath now.

When we go to VLW or BCV we "visit" the main pools but stay at the quiet pools. I feel like they are our pools.

By now, we've gotten used to some people looking at us as if we're :crazy: when we describe our trips to WDW as the most relaxing (and inexpensive) vacations we take. :lmao:

Let them :rolleyes1 , WE know the "best kept secret"! ;)

Here is one reason that I am glad for DVC.

I tried booking a late trip on a Holiday weekend (Nov 11th). I have all days except one am I am on a waitlist. What they hey, I will just book a room for one night. Wilderness Lodge for one night is going to cost me about $270 after my AP discount :eek: . I know that is cheap for disney standards but I guess I am so used to not paying for a room at WDW, the sticker shock about did me in.

Very happy with my DVC.

I know exactly what you mean, we are just so tired of running all week long or should I say all year long. We are into slowing down! I really don't like the double beds at the Moderate resorts either. We stayed at one last year for Free Dining, it just wasn't worth it to us to go this year. I had a reservation booked, then cancelled it.

I hear you all.

This year DD started HS so we won't be taking her out like we did last year for a few trips.

So instead we are going to just take a longer relaxing trip instead. With DVC it's so easy and you don't feel like you have to gogogo the entire time.

We may even try a split stay as we want to give all the DVCs a try,again as easy as can be to do so.

I really think it's just a great investment for our sanity of day to day life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter