Really happy with Saratoga Springs

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We're currently at Saratoga Springs in a dedicated 2 bedroom & are so pleased with this resort. We didn't have a good experience at SSR last year & had decided not to return, but we booked this trip last minute (4 days ago!) & SSR was the only resort open.

I'm so glad we gave SSR another chance. We have a beautifully renovated room by the Paddock pool with a pretty view of the lake. We can even see Illuminations fireworks from our balcony.

Oddly, there wasn't a pack-n-play in the room when we arrived, so I called housekeeping & they offered to bring a full sized crib instead. Perfect! The crib mattress is a bit hard & crinkly, but I brought our own soft mattress pad & pnp bedding & the baby has been sleeping better here than at home.

We had a delicious dinner tonight at the Turf Club. I had the fish & my spouse had the lamb chops. We shared the grilled romain salad. Everything was perfectly cooked & delicious.

We've had great bus luck with busses coming within 5-10 minutes. After fireworks at MK last night, the other resorts had long lines for busses, SSR had 3 waiting and we walked up & got on & even got seats. Perfect since both of our kids were asleep.

SSR is a lovely resort & I know we'll be back again.

Iggipolka, do you know if the SSR is using the Rapid Refill mugs. We are staying there next month and my son really wants the orange cup.

Thanks!

I'm so glad to hear this. Most things are worth a second chance. Yay!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We've had good meals at the Turf Club and were sorry when they discountiued lunches!

Glad you're enjoying yourselves!

Wonderful report! SSR is our favorite so I'm glad you tried again
We also love Turf Club and were sad when they stopped serving lunch.

We just had a fabulous stay there too. My only regret was not finding time to eat at Turf Club. This was our fourth stay at SSR and we have yet to eat there. We got TIW card this trip and when I purchased it, the cast member pointed it out, saying it was one if her favorite restaurants on property. Next time!

I will say the breakfast sandwiches at the Paddock Pool CS area were yummy...but it is understaffed there and service was a bit slow.

We have stayed twice at SSR and think it is a lovely resort. Glad you kept an open mind and gave it another try!

My sister and her family are staying at SSR for the first time in a few weeks. The room you have sounds exactly like what they would be looking for. Can you tell me what floor you're on and what room number you're in?

Iggipolka, do you know if the SSR is using the Rapid Refill mugs. We are staying there next month and my son really wants the orange cup.

Thanks!

No Rapid Refill mugs yet. The current colors are black, blue or pink.

We just returned from our first stay at SSR; we must have been there at the same time.

Nothing about the stay has altered my opinion of it as my last choice among DVC resorts. But that doesn't mean there wasn't a lot to like about it. In particular, I liked the room furnishings and our meal at Turf Club. And the pool slide at High Rock Springs may the best at any Disney resort - the only one where I noticed almost as many adults using as kids!

I Like Saratoga, too. They have always been great at honoring room requests, and I love making a "spa day" when I stay there. My son likes the billiard room and ordering an adult drink while he shoots a game of pool.

Glad you gave the resort a second chance. I have always been baffled that so many people had negative things to say about SSR, I just don't see it. We love the location, we are both runners and there are plenty of places to run. I golf, so walking over to LBV Golf Course is another plus. Having DTD right across the way makes for somewhere to go for a quick bite to eat, or have cocktail.

The grounds are gorgeous and the pool areas are very nice. I often spend the morning walking/jogging the resort and then head over to DTD and hit the Earl for a breakfast sandwich.

We had been going to AKV the last few visits, at our DD request. We went to SSR last year, and that is what she picked for our visit this year. We cant wait until October gets here!

Happy to hear good comments on SSR, we will be staying there for the 1st time in Dec. can't wait! :love:

We just returned also from our 1st stay at SSR and we loved it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our stay. We decided a week ago to try to get a room and the only thing available was a 1 bedroom there so I took it. We had a 1 bedroom in the Paddock (right next to the Paddock pool) that overlooked the lake and was right next to the bridge connecting us to the main Springs area. I really loved hanging out at the Paddock pool and walking around the lake in the evening (morning too). We spent one evening over at Downtown Disney, which was wonderful. I found the bus transportation to be excellent. We never waited more than 10 minutes for any bus and it was surprising how short the bus rides were. We also had luck after the MK fireworks. We never found the busses to be crowded. We will definitely stay there again. I admit that I would not have been so happy if I had been in an area not close to a pool or had a bad view, but I now know what to request (and keep my fingers crossed that I would get it). I am a new convert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter