Reason for pool size!

Gramms

Earning My Ears
I’ve noticed in a few recent trip reports that some wonder why the onboard pools are the size they are on such large ships. I did too, on our first cruise, and being the inquisitive lady that I am, I asked a cast member, who told me that it’s because, in case of rough seas, the water in the pools sloshes around a LOT! , and if the pools were any bigger, they would cause flooding on deck that could become dangerous! On a later cruise, we were outrunning a big storm coming back from Cozumel, and the ship was rocking quite a bit, the doors were closed on deck 4 of the Magic had to be locked because the waves were splashing up that high, and we were up on the pool deck looking out at the sea. We got a first hand look at what the pools could do under rough conditions and I wouldn’t want them to be a single inch bigger than they are right now, believe me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter