reason why value pools lack water slides?

I would assume it's partly due to cost, as PP said and partly due to size. Value resorts are larger, with more guests in the pools. Slides require an area in the water to remain clear. So no swimming in that area. With more guests that's harder to achieve at the Value resorts. They don't want to give up the "pool swim space", so to speak, to a slide landing zone.

I would assume it's partly due to cost, as PP said and partly due to size. Value resorts are larger, with more guests in the pools. Slides require an area in the water to remain clear. So no swimming in that area. With more guests that's harder to achieve at the Value resorts. They don't want to give up the "pool swim space", so to speak, to a slide landing zone.
Are values really larger, though? All Star Movies has 1920 rooms, but Caribbean Beach has 2112. POR has more than a value too, with CSR at around the 1900 mark. I think for the most part, it's a perk they just want you to pay more money for. But I guess the moderates have more pools total if you count the quiet pools, which maybe offsets the number of people in the main pool a bit?

Are values really larger, though? All Star Movies has 1920 rooms, but Caribbean Beach has 2112. POR has more than a value too, with CSR at around the 1900 mark. I think for the most part, it's a perk they just want you to pay more money for. But I guess the moderates have more pools total if you count the quiet pools, which maybe offsets the number of people in the main pool a bit?
But all 3 All Stars can share pools so you have to tally all the 3 All Star resort rooms, not just 1 resort.

The All Stars are smaller individually, but when looked at as a complex the 3 combined are considerably larger (total 5444 rooms). Each pool is not very large and there are only 6 pools among the 3 resorts. POP is 2880 rooms, larger than any moderate, with just 3 pools. By comparison, CSR has 4 pools (similar number of room as one All Star resort); CBR has a total of 7 pools and POR has 6. Deluxe resorts are all considerably smaller in terms of number of rooms.

Fair points about resort size. I still think the lack of slides at Disney values probably has more to do with Disney trying to get people to book a more expensive resort by enticing them with amenities than it has to do with the actual size of the resort.

The more you pay the more amenities you get such as a slide.
I think that was originally the reason,BUT Disney is no longer trying to have a HUGE "gap" in amenities at the Values with the addition in recent times to the Values of:

Fridges
Full sized Hair Dryers
Pool Towels
Upgraded toiletries
Expanded "Room Delivery Menu"
Queen beds and large screen TVs with the refurbs
"Campfire" at All-Star Sports
Yoga Class at All-Star Movies
"Possible" restaurant at the All-Star Resort
Gondola service at POP/AoA:)

Values are budget friendly and don't have as many amenities, such as a water slide. For example ASMo is a fun cheap resort (I've stayed many times here before) they have pools, a food court and bus transportation around disney. However POR (a mod I've also stayed at) is a bit more expensive and a halfway luxurious resort that has pools, water slide, food court, sit-down restaurant, not only bus transportation but also boat transportation, oh and don't forget being able to here :)

I guess the point I am trying to make is, values don't have waterslides because they are meant to be the cheapest option for your vacation or last min stay (like a holiday inn). And if they did have waterslides they would bump up the price of the rooms. Mods are like a Marriott resort with more amenities and not as budget friendly. And well Deluxes are like a Ritz Carlton, just simply luxurious-ish with loads of upgraded amenities.

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter