Reasons to buy VGF

Would you have bought VGF points direct if you only had access to resort studios at 11 months?

• Yes, we bought to stay mainly in resort studios

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No, since we wanted home resort advantage for original building.

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • Yes, because we plan to use them more as sleep around points and have access to all.

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

Sandisw

DVC Forums
All this talk of PVB, I am curious for those in our community who have bought VGF since 2022, would you have still bought points if you only had access to the resort studios at 11 months?

Let’s even assume it came without resale restrictions. We would not have bought if we didn’t have access to the original rooms…that is what we wanted. We would have just bought more RIV, or waited for Poly tower.

We bought because the resort studios are a great fit for us and where we mainly expect to stay. We’ll also use as SAP points when we can find something else and mix it up, likely moving to other MK resorts.

I bought mostly to get direct points that can be used at future resorts like Poly 2 at a good price and without resale restrictions. The other direct benefits and having 11 month availability at VGF are nice bonuses.

I just added that idea to the last answer so it captures those who bought for reasons other than just which rooms to use.

I bought mostly to get direct points that can be used at RIV and future resorts like Poly 2 at a good price and without resale restrictions. The other direct benefits and having 11 month availability at VGF are nice bonuses.
Ditto

A little of everything.

We are going to add on 150 points right before the incentives end
(September 8th ish) just incase they get better.

WE are local and travel just the 2 of us so studios are perfect. We would not be buying if we only had access to the resort studios.

We are also very interested in staying the the new fort wilderness cabins so we can bring our dog and won’t be able to use our current resale points.

I know its very frowned upon here but one the biggest reasons for adding on at GVF is I am pretty confident that if we want to sell in 10 years, We SHOULD be able to get most if not all of our buy in costs back on the resale market. I don’t believe that will be the case with RIV or Fort Wilderness.

We bought VGF earlier this year for a specific VGF 1BR stay every other year where availability wasn't lasting until 7m (even before the expansion).

We added on twice for 125 points in the new BPK building. Our sole reason was to extend our 1 bdrm summer stays from a week on our original VGF 2013 & 2017 points to 10 nights. If we add more, which is likely before they sell out again it would be to extend that trip to two weeks.

We have stayed at BPK in a resort student and the deluxe studios at VGF original building and found them fine but the 1 bdrms are our real need since DH is diabetic and prefers to cook most of his food. I do believe that all these studios added in are going to make these rooms much harder to book.

I added on to my original VGF contract in spring 2022, because we needed a few more points (our trips have become longer) & also to be able to book lake view 1 br.s if needed because I was concerned that booking my usual standard view 1 br. in early Dec. would become more challenging w/ those 2 million new points they’re selling.

I said no, but I do plan on booking resort studios over deluxe studios. I originally purchased VGF for the 1-bedrooms so the extra points purchased allow me more time in the 1-bedrooms if I choose not to take a few resort studio trips.

I also think resort studios will rent very well considering they are identical copies of GF cash rooms with a microwave. That also factored into my decision to get more.

Resort studios are a wonderful option for people who travel on a budget with > 2 people.

DvC needed more than just OKW with 2 queen bed options.

But for a solo traveler like myself VGF2 is not desirable vs the kitchenette in other units.

Bought mainly for a studio stay of approximately 3 nights as part of a split stay with the BWV. We don't care whether we get a resort studio or a deluxe studio. We wanted to be within walking distance of the MK, I love the VGF, and the direct price was acceptable. (Can't believe I said that, LOL. I've had sticker shock for the last 20 years as we paid $65pp for BWV in 1999). Resale prices for 50-100 VGF contracts were ridiculous. :teeth:

Poly may be our favorite resort but we need 1 or 2 bedrooms and, I can’t believe I’m saying this, I like the ability to do laundry. I thought 2 studios at PVB could substitute for a 1 or 2 BR but not sure.

We were thinking about adding BLT resale but the VGF incentives along with no restrictions made us buy VGF. And, as others have said, you don’t see much VGF for resale so hopefully it holds its value.

We bought a 150 pt direct contract in June 2023 due to all the current incentives for existing owners (have one prior resale 150 pt BLT contract), it was admittedly somewhat of an impulse purchase but thought we'd get use out of it and were able to add my two adult kids names so they can get perks as well. Would likely NOT have made the purchase if we were limited to the resort studios at 11 mths. While they look beautiful and I'm sure we will try them sometime, the horror stories about noise issues is a real deal breaker for me. I do feel for original VGF owners as they did kind of get a raw deal on this without any say. I'm happy to have gotten a blue card for a reasonable (in 2023 terms) price. Also like the option of trying the new resorts that we had been blocked from. Would have preferred an Epcot resort in lieu of my two MK ones, but I'm sure I will like them as well (still haven't stayed in a MK resort since getting these contracts). I think VGF will hold its value and if we were to sell one it would likely be the BLT. But in the meantime its fun planning future trips for myself and family.

I bought a second GFV contract in 2022 and will only stay in the Deluxe Studios. So my answer is Yes. If there was a VGF 2 I would not of bought it. Plus on option of a 1 or 2 Bedroom on VGF 2. I always book at the 11 month window . So far it hasn't been a problem getting into Deluxe Studios.

We bought for the resort studios (2 queen beds). When the kids get older, we might start doing 1 or 2 bedrooms from time to time. Although I prefer the resort studio over the regular DVC studio, I would not be opposed to staying in a regular studio if the resort studios were all booked up.

We bought for the resort studios (2 queen beds). When the kids get older, we might start doing 1 or 2 bedrooms from time to time. Although I prefer the resort studio over the regular DVC studio, I would not be opposed to staying in a regular studio if the resort studios were all booked up.

I don't need anymore points, but I have considered selling my two resale contracts and purchasing GFV direct just for the ability to book the resort studios at the 11 month mark.

I like the option of them purely because I tend to travel with adults versus children. It's hard to ask another couple or even worse a parent or grandparent to sleep on a Murphy bed.

Yet, getting two studios is not always justifiable either.

I feel like I'm constantly put in the position of "Do we stay at SSR/OKW in a 2 bedroom? Or stay closer to the parks in a studio?" and having the resort studios as option in that debate is nice.

All of the above. We wanted more GFV points anyway, to book more larger units in the original building. But I also love the resort studios (especially the theme park view rooms), and will stay there sometimes, too. I value having the option to book both buildings. Also, we thought it may be our last good chance to buy desirable, decently-priced direct points without resale restrictions. I know the resale restrictions aren't a big deal for some people, but they are for us.

We bought our BCV resale contract and our next trip was really close in time. We were able to get a resort studio at VGF and my wife flipped out over the decor. My family (wife and I in mid-forties, daughter 14 and son 12) all agree the resort studios are the prettiest options. So we bought into VGF specifically for a 1 week per year trip to a resort studio.

Absolutely hate the hotel rooms, but I am glad that there are some for people that like them. For us, we prefer the original studios over the hotel rooms. I wish they had changed up BPK instead of just making them all hotel rooms.

That said, I wonder why they didn't just call them "Hotel Rooms" like they do at Aulani. At least there they are honest...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter