Recent cruisers on April 15, 2023 Bermuda cruise DCL Fantasy

We did a private tour the first day with Heidi Cowen of Bermuda Byways. It was a full day tour of the entire island and included lunch. She is a 6th generation native, and her family used to run the lighthouse. Great tour, and there were only 10 of us, which is the most she will take.
How did you like the tour? What type of vehicle are you riding in?

Can I ask what you don’t find appealing? I’m on the same sailing as you in September. So far I thought the reports sounded pretty good… I wasn’t sure if I missed something.

Seemed like alot didn;t like the excursions they did and not much to do. Just the feeling I got.

Seemed like alot didn;t like the excursions they did and not much to do. Just the feeling I got.
There is a lot to do in Bermuda and I enjoyed my time. It seems like most booked their excursion through Disney which I never do. I prefer to book third party so that I can read reviews as well as save money. There are lots of options including the option to ride the ferry into Hamilton

How did you like the tour? What type of vehicle are you riding in?
Liked the tour very much. She has a 15 passenger van, and takes a max of 10 people on the tour, so there is room. She also includes lunch, which was the Bermudian staple of a fish sandwich on raisin bread toast with tartar sauce, french fries, and a drink. The sandwich sounds weird, but it was very good. We made lots of stops along the way, and she provided commentary most of the ride.

Can I ask what you don’t find appealing? I’m on the same sailing as you in September. So far I thought the reports sounded pretty good… I wasn’t sure if I missed something.
I thought the same! Went to Bermuda many years ago 2x. Cruise once and a week on the island. Beautiful island...loved it. My husband has never been so also on the September 9 sailing. I'm sure it will still be a wonderful time there. I only wish it was 3 days.

I was one of the reviews that didn't like the excursions we did - there was plenty to do, I just wish we'd done it on our own (and our second day was a wash out, which was no ones fault).

Same! I loved our beach day we did on our own and really enjoyed the port.

I was just warning people against cave/aquarium excursions :)

We loved Bermuda and this itinerary. I would definitely do it again. Bermuda is pretty easy to explore on your own and since the ship is docked overnight, you don't have the pressure of missing the ship the first day. We went to St. George and Crystal Caves on our own. Took the ferry over to St. George, walked around for a bit, and then took a bus to the caves. If you do this, I recommend calling in advance to reserve a time for the caves. After the caves, we stopped at the Swizzle Inn. We also did the Bermuda Triangle evening cruise through DCL, which was a little pricey for what it was, but we all enjoyed it. The second day, we originally were planning to take the shuttle over to Horseshoe Bay, but since the weather was rainy, we spent the morning at the museum at the Dockyard instead. We enjoyed exploring the museum and grounds.

I’m on the September cruise as well (just got my CC Cabana assignment today!)

Following along as I’ve never been to Bermuda before and appreciate all the advice and suggestions.

:-)

Forgive me if I missed this, do you have to have a passport to get off the ship in Bermuda? I’ve searched the internet for answers but still not clear on that. This is just for information only, not booked for this cruise. We’ve only done cruises out of PC and have only been to ports that you just use your room card only. We also just use BC/DL to cruise with, so no passports.

Forgive me if I missed this, do you have to have a passport to get off the ship in Bermuda?
We were on this last Bermuda cruise on 4/15, and we were told we could leave this ship with our ship card, and a government issued photo ID. Left my passport in the safe.

We were on this last Bermuda cruise on 4/15, and we were told we could leave this ship with our ship card, and a government issued photo ID. Left my passport in the safe.
Thanks, good to hear that. I’ve been wanting to try a Bermuda cruise.

We did Horseshoe Bay and the next day a tour of the island thru DCL. The tour stopped at the Lighthouse, Hamilton and St. George, plus a few other stops. We had time in St.George for a bite to eat.

Horseshoe Bay is a must if you are a beach person. Just grab a shuttle bus at the port,. It drops you at bottom of hill. Beach has bathroom facilities, food, bar and rentals.
View attachment 755831View attachment 755834View attachment 755835View attachment 755836View attachment 755837View attachment 755838
We are going in September and doing the DCL tour. What type vehicle did they use to go around the island and was it air condioned? Glad you enjoyed.

We are going in September and doing the DCL tour. What type vehicle did they use to go around the island and was it air condioned? Glad you enjoyed.
I think it was a big passenger van.
Our driver was very informative and friendly.
Enjoy your trip!
DH and I will be on a 6 day out of NYC, stopping in Bermuda, Tortola and ending in San Juan.
I can’t wait to get back to Bermuda.🚢🌴👍🏻

I think it was a big passenger van.
Our driver was very informative and friendly.
Enjoy your trip!
DH and I will be on a 6 day out of NYC, stopping in Bermuda, Tortola and ending in San Juan.
I can’t wait to get back to Bermuda.🚢🌴👍🏻
Thank you and have a great time!

We are on the September 8 day cruise as well and are struggling to find an excursion that would be enjoyable for our 5 and 3 year olds. After reading this we might just stay on the ship. Any suggestions are much appreciated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter