Recent Dollar rentals

dennise

DIS Veteran
I have seen some negative comments on their Dollar rental experience. Has anyone rented recently? Some that is read we’re older.

My mother rented from Dollar about 3 weeks ago. When she got to the desk, there was a line a mile long. She waited approximately 1 hour 45 minutes to pick up her car. She did not do any kind of loyalty fast pickup so not sure how that would have worked. Her words: "never again".

My advice to you is to have more than one rez going into car rentals in general. I used Dollar last year with no issues and the car was fine. This past trip the Dollar counter line was at least 30 deep and I was not going to wait who knows how long to save $25. I had a secondary rez at Hertz and was out in 15 mins.

My advice to you is to have more than one rez going into car rentals in general. I used Dollar last year with no issues and the car was fine. This past trip the Dollar counter line was at least 30 deep and I was not going to wait who knows how long to save $25. I had a secondary rez at Hertz and was out in 15 mins.
How do those 'pay later' reservations work? Do you just not show up if you don't want the rental? Do you have to actually cancel it online?

A word of warning, all of you that are making secondary and tertiary reservations. Don't act shocked when one of the companies puts a cancellation fee in in place of one days rental or charges the whole rental if you no show. And then it goes to all of the major companies. You're also driving up the costs for other travellers.

A word of warning, all of you that are making secondary and tertiary reservations. Don't act shocked when one of the companies puts a cancellation fee in in place of one days rental or charges the whole rental if you no show. And then it goes to all of the major companies. You're also driving up the costs for other travellers.
Agree 100%
At a minimum

Don't make a reservation you'll only keep if you land a complimentary upgrade, Alamo aisle for example.

Do cancel as soon as possible, even if it's a little after your pickup time. Agencies frequently hold your car until midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter