• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent WOC dessert party reviews? Pictures?

Thank you for sharing! We will be doing this next Thursday - can't wait!! Did you do the early or later show? We are doing the late show, and I'm wondering what time we should check in...

We did the 1st show. We got there about 630 and were first in line but others started arriving soon after. Not sure when the 915 started lining up but it was before 730 which is about when they started checking us in. At 8 they led us in the same line down to the party, which I didn't realize was happening/had changed since 2020.

They started checking 915 in once they were done with 8, not sure what time that was or how long the line was.

We did the 9 pm dessert party on Thursday night. The whole process was very smooth, and fwiw we found it quite unnecessary to line up any earlier than 8pm (which is the time they list). On arriving we were right near the back of the line, and were probably the 3rd or 4th group to be walked over and seated. Near last anyway. It was around 8.20 by then. We still had a choice of seats (high or low), and plenty of time to eat dessert. So if you don't want to stand for an extra hour or so, just turn up at the recommended time. It will be fine.

I do wonder why they bother with the two queue system ( as others have said, you queue at the Eureka water wheel, and then again for a short while after they bring you over to the entry to the seating area. I suspect they do it to handle the fact that people come early to queue and so need to be put out of the way of the park crowds.) Given the extensive use of the app, I would have thought you could be assigned a table on booking and and then just check in directly via the app. Show the check in to the person at the entry area, and voila, you're done.

Would certainly reduce the amount of standing around time...and automatic pre-assignment could remove a lot of the 'best seat' queueing time and stress!

The seasons of light will be my first ever WOC, too! I've watched the "regular" non-holiday version on YouTube, so have a general idea of what to expect, but I am trying my hardest to avoid spoilers for the actual one I will be seeing! And... now you have me excited, again, thank you!!! 😀

Are the reservations for WOC dessert the same as dining? 60 days out? I had to cancel my December trip and reservations (still sad!) :sad: but we are trying now for end of February. I really want to do this with my niece and the girls!

We went in August and had a low table in front of the stairs. One thing you have to be prepared for is people standing in front of you on the next tier below. People only standing isn't a problem. However, we had two families standing directly in front of us with kids on their shoulders and it was difficult to see the show. We are used to that for a lot of shows, but when you purchase special seating to see the show and then can't see well, that is really annoying.
This is the only reason, if we do it again (very expensive for our family of 5), we would choose high table.

We loved the low table, but the parent with a child in his shoulder blocked a bit of it (not terrible, like when you're watching fireworks on Main Street). But, still, a high table might have slight better view.

Did the food change for the season of light for the dessert party? I'm okay if it didn't, I much prefer having the seats more than anything else.

Did the food change for the season of light for the dessert party? I'm okay if it didn't, I much prefer having the seats more than anything else.
It did, there’s a photo of the menu one page back on this thread posted by @afan

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone report yet on how the new items taste, but it sounds good.

We’re still waffling, it’s SO expensive for us, especially once converted to CAD. I have reservations but we’re leaning towards a more relaxed and cheaper evening at Lamplight Lounge, and just enjoying what we can see from there. My kids aren’t really big on evening shows anyway so they might not miss the projections.

It did, there’s a photo of the menu one page back on this thread posted by @afan

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone report yet on how the new items taste, but it sounds good.

We’re still waffling, it’s SO expensive for us, especially once converted to CAD. I have reservations but we’re leaning towards a more relaxed and cheaper evening at Lamplight Lounge, and just enjoying what we can see from there. My kids aren’t really big on evening shows anyway so they might not miss the projections.

It's not desserts I normally eat and my friend had an "allergy" plate of fruit and cheese. Everyone at our table liked what they tried. But I don't want to comment when it's stuff I wouldn't normally get.

It's not desserts I normally eat and my friend had an "allergy" plate of fruit and cheese. Everyone at our table liked what they tried. But I don't want to comment when it's stuff I wouldn't normally get.
Totally fair! I appreciate just seeing the menu.

Are the reservations for WOC dessert the same as dining? 60 days out? I had to cancel my December trip and reservations (still sad!) :sad: but we are trying now for end of February. I really want to do this with my niece and the girls!
Yes, check 60 days out. I had a much easier time getting those vs other reservations, maybe because WOC is so expensive. I even checked a week or so before our trip to change the time, and there was 1 space open. But I would of course book earlier if you know you want it. Have fun! It's an amazing show and everyone in my family loved the desserts and drinks and especially the seats.

Thanks for posting the list! The desserts sound yummy, I'm a sucker for sweets. :)

We went last night and had a fabulous experience. Checked in about 7:35-our group of 8 had two tall tables near the side. Service was wonderful, view and show were amazing. It was a big splurge, but it was our final activity of our trip for 8 with my 78 year old mom the year after dad died and she loved it so much. We barely ate our food and have boxes with us on the plane. We also wanted some “real food”, so hopped over to the holiday festival booth right outside and got chicken tikka masala which was delicious.

We went last night and had a fabulous experience. Checked in about 7:35-our group of 8 had two tall tables near the side. Service was wonderful, view and show were amazing. It was a big splurge, but it was our final activity of our trip for 8 with my 78 year old mom the year after dad died and she loved it so much. We barely ate our food and have boxes with us on the plane. We also wanted some “real food”, so hopped over to the holiday festival booth right outside and got chicken tikka masala which was delicious.
We'll also have a party of 8 and have WOC dessert party booked, was the check-in time for the first show? Glad your Mom and all of you had a good time!

We'll also have a party of 8 and have WOC dessert party booked, was the check-in time for the first show? Glad your Mom and all of you had a good time!
They listed check in at 8 but that’s actually when they walk you over. 20-30 min before is fine and only one of you has to be there-they give you all the wrist bands.

They listed check in at 8 but that’s actually when they walk you over. 20-30 min before is fine and only one of you has to be there-they give you all the wrist bands.
That’s great to know you still had a good view with check in closer to the starting time. One of my concerns about doing this is the reports of people lining up really far ahead of time to get their tables—part of the reason for doing an experience like this is to avoid having to stand around for a long time before the show!

So I know this is far out in terms of weather but it's showing rain next Saturday evening. We have WOC dessert party reservations, do they have the dessert party in the rain? I want to prepare myself for any possible cancellation.

So I know this is far out in terms of weather but it's showing rain next Saturday evening. We have WOC dessert party reservations, do they have the dessert party in the rain? I want to prepare myself for any possible cancellation.
I attended a soggy party last month when we got an unexpected downpour (5% chance of precipitation on my weather app). The CM at check in said the show would go on regardless, and it did. The worst of the rain came right before the 1st show, then drizzled throughout the show. We attended the second show. Our directors chairs were absolutely soaked, so we took off our ponchos and put them on our chairs before we sat down. Our desserts were packaged in takeout containers, and they had lots of cups of hot cocoa ready to serve, and they were offering them to everyone, regardless of whether they had ordered other drinks. We sat right behind the circle, and there were only a few people standing in the circle because the park had completely emptied out.

I attended a soggy party last month when we got an unexpected downpour (5% chance of precipitation on my weather app). The CM at check in said the show would go on regardless, and it did. The worst of the rain came right before the 1st show, then drizzled throughout the show. We attended the second show. Our directors chairs were absolutely soaked, so we took off our ponchos and put them on our chairs before we sat down. Our desserts were packaged in takeout containers, and they had lots of cups of hot cocoa ready to serve, and they were offering them to everyone, regardless of whether they had ordered other drinks. We sat right behind the circle, and there were only a few people standing in the circle because the park had completely emptied out.
Hmmm. I'm so not going to want to sit on a wet chair. I'm sure nobody does. This dang rain in the forecast is killing me. I'm from the Pacific Northwest so I'm very used to rain, I've had it rain in DL numerous times when I've been there but man I don't want it to rain that one night.

Does anyone have updated pics of the offerings for the dessert party? I'm contemplating it for my June trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter