Recommendations for hotel with an easy commute to Hong Kong Disneyland

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
My daughter has a co-worker who is thinking of taking her family to Hong Kong Disneyland in February. The Disney hotels are a bit out of their budget. I know the train system to and from Hong Kong was easy to navigate, so I suggested they stay outside of the park.
For those of you who have stayed in Hong Kong or the area near Disneyland, do you have any nice moderate priced hotels you would recommend?

To clarify... how many days are in the Hong Kong area? Do you plan to spend 100% of your time in Disneyland?

Personally, I found Kowloon's Tsim Sha Tsui to be central to my activities and went looking for hotels there. What is your budget? It can be like New York where some budget rooms are very small.

Hopefully they will be there the first two weeks of February before CNY kicks in; in general, availability will be lower and rates will be higher the second half of the month.
Try Noah's Ark hotel (15 minutes by taxi, 30 minutes by public transport); it is unique for a family and they have larger rooms with bunk beds.
Or some of the more affordable hotels in west kowloon are not too far by taxi; take a look at the Dorsett Mongkok.
Or try the airport marriott or novotel citygate.

Hopefully they will be there the first two weeks of February before CNY kicks in;
Good point about CNY.... I've learned to avoid HKG the weeks around CNY. Getting taxi's is not easy as many take the time off. Restaurants are full and some places are just closed.

I am not sure of their budget my daughter did not give me a lot of info, I know they want to spend at least 2 fulls days at Disneyland. They are in Beijing now teaching and I am going to assume that they will be travelling over the CNY, their school is closed from the 2nd of Feb until March 3rd. I will give her the names of the hotels suggested her and her co-worker can go from there.
Thank you for all of your help:)

My daughter has a co-worker who is thinking of taking her family to Hong Kong Disneyland in February. The Disney hotels are a bit out of their budget. I know the train system to and from Hong Kong was easy to navigate, so I suggested they stay outside of the park.
For those of you who have stayed in Hong Kong or the area near Disneyland, do you have any nice moderate priced hotels you would recommend?

We found the Marriott to be wonderful. They also offer a free shuttle to/from Disney as well as the airport!

I stayed at the Prudential Hotel which is literally on top of Jordan station. It took about 45 minutes to get to HKDL and it was very easy to do even though it involved 3 separate trains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter