Red Sox visiting WDW

Fooz

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know when some of the Red Sox will be at WDW? I just saw a commercial after they won the WS that they are coming!! I am here until 11/9, so I hope to see some of them here!! It would really make up for having to miss the parade in Boston. Thanks for any info!!

Off the the Halloween party!!

They are here right now -- October 28. Disney just did a parade for them up Main Street at MK.

:earsboy:

Anyone have any pictures to post? I'd love to see a pic of our beloved Red Sox on Main Street USA!!

Another Red Sox fan here! I work in downtown Boston and it is so fun here today. I went out at lunch and bought the whole family World Championship t-shirts to wear to Disney next month! Can't wait!!!!!

Anyone else going to the parade on Saturday?

I hope they show the WDW parade on the news tonight!

Which Red Sox were there today? Pedro, Schilling, Lowe and Ortiz were all in Boston this morning after flying back from St. Louis. Can't imagine that they got back on a plane and were at a parade already today...but Disney makes things happen, don't they?!

It's so exciting here today. Went to Sports Authority at 10 a.m. and there were over 100 people on line to buy items. Said that there were 200 to 300 people waiting outside the doors at 3 a.m.! They didn't open until 5 a.m.

That's what happens when you wait a LONG time.

Just found a link to the story:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=51378

There’s no rest for the victorious, evidently.

Just hours after the Red Sox [stats, schedule] secured Boston’s first World Series championship in 86 years and Curt Schilling [stats, news] uttered the now-famous line, “I’m going to Disney World!” he found himself rolling down Main Street U.S.A. with Mickey Mouse by his side.

Following an appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America, Schilling, his wife Shonda and their four children were given a hero’s welcome at the Magic Kingdom, led by a brass band playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".

Fans lined the street as the Schilling motorcade, led by the gritty right-hander atop a red convertible, zipped down the street.

“Everything was red,” said Sox fan Carol Houle, of Salem, N.H. “There were tons of Red Sox fans everywhere.”

Vacationers carried signs to the event, Houle said, bearing slogans such as: “Curse of the Bambino, 1918-2004” and “Red Sox Nation on Vacation.”

“He went by pretty fast,” she said. “But then he was swamped by the media. It was unreal. They were just crawling all over him.”

Schilling set up shop at the Main Street train station and began a lengthy question and answer session with national media.

“He had a foot brace on,” Houle said. “We felt bad for him and started yelling for everyone to give him some space.”

Schilling and his family made the same victory lap Tom Brady made when the Patriots won the Super Bowl nine months ago.

Houle, on vacation with her husband, Randy, said the pair smuggled a mini TV into a Halloween event at the Magic Kingdom’s Haunted Mansion last night.

“People kept coming up to us and asking us what the score was,” she said.

We're hoping to head into the parade on Saturday also. Wasn't it great around here today, everyone was in such a good mood. Curt Schilling did an interview with Channel 7 live from the MK around 4 today. My boys were so sad they couldn't be there, their 2 favorite things, the Sox and Disney together!! We'll be packing our Championship shirts for our December vacation.

we just got back from WDW tonight. we walked down Main Street at MK this morning and there were red sox ballons tied to all the street lights...thats the only way i knew the sox had won the night before (we were out late and didnt see the game)!

Arriving at WDW on tomorrow. So disappointed I missed the Red Sox. I luvvvv them for beating the Yankees (Met Fan here)!!!

huge soxs fan sorry I missed them getting my champ hat today after my board search

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter