Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds....awesome!

Spoken as a DVC owner who hates camping but loves wilderness.

Really? How nice to be happy about something that will negatively impact so many of your Disney-loving friends especially when there is so much available "wilderness" that will not impact those said friends. I would never be happy if something negative impacted DVC even though I don't own DVC.

Like I said before, I don't expect Fort Wilderness to be around much longer. Basically sounds like the first step to removing it completely for something that can make more money. Seems Disney isn't interested in maintaining unique experiences these days.
I’ll never say never but I don’t know. There’s so much more unclaimed property they can use that could be developed before canabalizing the fort

I have all the blueprints right now! Not sure if Im allowed to post them. I will say this those of us that love fort wilderness and the frontier vibe are not going to be happy at all!

The beach at the campground is GONE for good! They’re building A-frame bungalows there, along with treehouses. No more views... you’ll be in your rocking chair at the bar area looking at modern tree houses.

Directly behind Pioneer Hall will be a wing of resort... this place is huge! 9 stories tall!

The 2 huge parking lots hold 1040 spaces, which the one is right next to Pioneer Hall.

Not good...

Wow, thanks for the details! Sounds interesting.

That sounds....awesome!

Spoken as a DVC owner who hates camping but loves wilderness.

I hear you. I’ll be interested to see this resort when it’s all completed.

Really? How nice to be happy about something that will negatively impact so many of your Disney-loving friends especially when there is so much available "wilderness" that will not impact those said friends. I would never be happy if something negative impacted DVC even though I don't own DVC.

That would be like not being allowed to be excited about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway because so many people were huge fans of The Great Movie Ride...except in this case the campground is still there.

That would be like not being allowed to be excited about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway because so many people were huge fans of The Great Movie Ride...except in this case the campground is still there.
Actually many people are not excited about the Runaway Railway for that very reason they've expressed that here also. But this situation is very different because it's not taking away anything but instead it's setting a new direction that quite possibly will destroy a very unique experience at WDW. Having such a huge influx of people into the quiet setting of the campground will completely change the experience. You can't put that many people and vehicles into a "Wilderness" area without causing significant changes. The Wilderness Lodge already can give you the experience you are looking for and from what we are hearing about the design of this building it will provide the feeling of wilderness anywhere is your as well as Wilderness Lodge does!

Besides your statement was not in keeping with the overall attitude of most posters here.

Last edited:
Actually many people are not excited about the Runaway Railway for that very reason they've expressed that here also. But this situation is very different because it's not taking away anything but instead it's setting a new direction that quite possibly will destroy a very unique experience at WDW. Having such a huge influx of people into the quiet setting of the campground will completely change the experience. You can't put that many people and vehicles into a "Wilderness" area without causing significant changes. The Wilderness Lodge already can give you the experience you are looking for and from what we are hearing about the design of this building it will provide the feeling of wilderness anywhere is your as well as Wilderness Lodge does!

Your statement was not in keeping with the overall attitude of most posters here.

As with most new stuff, some people are excited, others aren't. It doesn't make it wrong to be excited for something new.

As with most new stuff, some people are excited, others aren't. It doesn't make it wrong to be excited for something new.
Your initial statement also did make sense because a lot of wilderness is going to be destroyed to build this resort. Between the buildings and parking lots for over a thousand vehicles an awful lot wilderness is going to be taken away.

Yes, people are always going to be excited about something new coming to WDW but when it happens that the expense of something else the excitement is greatly reduced for many people. By far the biggest majority of new projects don't negatively impact something that's already existing.

Is it going in place of this?

enhance

Is it going in place of this?

enhance
Yes and no, maybe. Based on some plans that were leaked a few years ago and what was mentioned in this thread, it will also encroach to the (photo) west and impact significant public guest areas at the campground. There is plenty of open space to the (photo) north and east between River Country and Wilderness Lodge.

Yes and no, maybe. Based on some plans that were leaked a few years ago and what was mentioned in this thread, it will also encroach to the (photo) west and impact significant public guest areas at the campground. There is plenty of open space to the (photo) north and east between River Country and Wilderness Lodge.
The new resort is going in this area.

That area could have been developed into a new pool area for Fort Wilderness which it really needs. It didn't have to become a highrise.

Not really a high rise. I believe this will only be 4ish stories.
Hopefully, the poster that says he has the plans comes back and gives more info but he says that it’s a 9-story tower. I hope you are right and it’s 4-stories. Also, the older leaked plans show encroachment into areas that are FW areas not only River Country. Again, I really hope your intel is better and that the footprint is more River Country than FW (your ability to get info is top notch). I really don’t mind change but as a previous poster stated, there is no need to cannibalize existing things particularly those things that make Disney unique. WDW is located where it is because Walt Disney could amass more open land than he could in a California and he wanted the freedom that expansive land gave him.

Hopefully, the poster that says he has the plans comes back and gives more info but he says that it’s a 9-story tower. I hope you are right and it’s 4-stories. Also, the older leaked plans show encroachment into areas that are FW areas not only River Country. Again, I really hope your intel is better and that the footprint is more River Country than FW (your ability to get info is top notch). I really don’t mind change but as a previous poster stated, there is no need to cannibalize existing things particularly those things that make Disney unique. WDW is located where it is because Walt Disney could amass more open land than he could in a California and he wanted the freedom that expansive land gave him.
Just look at the concept art.

port234987 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Thats 4-5 stories not 9.

I wish I could post these... you’ll see them soon. As I stated before (as I look at the plans in front of me)... some areas are 9 stories, some are 5. If you want a comparison... this resort is Jambo House at Animal Kingdom plus half of Kidani, set up in the same beaded style, along with 23 bungalow style housing. No more beach, and butt up against Pioneer Hall is one of the multiple wings of the resort and a huge parking lot. You’re all going to be shocked!
There is also future plans for a town center, in front of pioneer hall. I’ve said too much maybe. Good luck and enjoy Ft. Wilderness NOW as it stands.

Gee, do you think DVC is Disney's Cash Cow?

Disclaimer: I am an owner though not real thrilled about the building of new ones. Wish they would build a 5th park for all the guests to go to.
Thank you!! I could not agree more! They keep building more resorts and really should focus on the parks. The crowds are outrageous year round now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter