Refreshing and WDW app

ps17

DIS Veteran
So for those of you that are proficient at refresh, do you guys find that using WDW LAN is any faster or slower than say Verizon LTE?

Do more tha. One of you simultaneous do refresh? How long until a slot opens?

I use the Wifi much of the time but if it starts going slow or we're in a dead spot then I switch over to using data on my phone.

Most of the time it is just me searching but if I'm not having luck or it's a hard to get FP sometimes DW or DD will also look.

How long can vary from a few seconds on up. Typically I'll find something good in under 5 minutes but if you want a top ride for a specific time it can take a while. Night before I've refreshed for an hour or more looking for something specific (such as FOP for 7 people for an AM time slot). I've also tapped into FOP, opened the app, refreshed one time, and had another FOP for 3 of us that we were able to use immediately after getting off the ride the first time.

I use the wifi in the parks. I start refreshing as soon as I've tapped my band and 80% of the time I've got a new one for immediately after the ride I'm getting on by the time I board

The WiFi usually runs pretty slow on my phone so I usually end up using my data. I normally start with WiFi and if it’s slow I switch to data

I use whatever's working...sometimes one or the other slows down, I swipe up my quick menu & switch to the other...seamless

I usually only have one of us search so others can enjoy the park, or be observant while one is busy. Also, it burns the battery in only one device at a time. I particularly like giving my device to a kid while I run for a restroom break. Gives them a task & I get 2 things done at once.

How long? Varies for sure, but I would say I can get something hard to get in an average of 15 minutes. Sure worth 15 min. in one line & a FP I want too.

Last edited:
I use data as I find I'm impatient with the Wifi :)

I begin the process as soon as I tap into the my current FP+ and I usually get something with a few tries for immediately following the ride we're on. The key for me is to NOT believe the app when it tells me what it's got. For example, if you're on BTMRR at 3:00 and the app says Splash only has FP+ available at 8 pm, get the FP+ and then modify it for earlier. Grab what's earlier. Then, modify again for what's earlier. 2-3x usually gets me something for immediately following.

I typically use the hotspot on my phone. Most of the time, I can book another fast pass between tapping my magic band and getting on the ride. :banana:

It depends on where I am at. Standby or FP+ line at an attraction and im usually using the wi-fi but if Im on the move im using cell data

I don't bother with the wifi, I use data. I'm not a big data user outside of WDW, so I never run into "limits" issues anyway. I find my data much more reliable than WDW wifi.

As others said, refresh time can be anywhere from 30 seconds to over an hour, just depends. I would say for 90% of the things we want, including headliners, the time is less than 15 minutes to get exactly what we want at exactly the time we want...wish is usually "right now". :D

The WiFi usually runs pretty slow on my phone so I usually end up using my data. I normally start with WiFi and if it’s slow I switch to data
Same here.
some days the wifi seems to work well and is fast, other days it is really slow and running off the data plan is much better.
It also seems to depend where in the parks I am, so I suspect there are wifi dead spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter