Refund on cancelled reservation

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Has anyone canceled their hotel reservation lately? I cancelled mine a few days ago and still haven't been refunded. I tried calling the reservation number this morning and it says they are closed. Wasn't sure if they just shortened their hours or they are closed until this pandemic is over. Anyone else having issues getting refunded?

Has anyone canceled their hotel reservation lately? I cancelled mine a few days ago and still haven't been refunded. I tried calling the reservation number this morning and it says they are closed. Wasn't sure if they just shortened their hours or they are closed until this pandemic is over. Anyone else having issues getting refunded?

Most refunds can take up to 10 business days to be processed

We cancelled our reservation on March 14th for a stay between March 27th and 29th, I emailed them about a week later and inquired about when they would possibly get to our situation, they replied and said due to the number of claims that they had to process that it could take between 3 to 5 weeks..

I’m going on almost 2 weeks since canceling. Still no refund. I’m sure they are just so backed up. 2 weeks does seem like overkill tho.

My refund from my Royal Pacific booking took 15 days to show up as a credit on my credit card. In contrast the refunds from my Disney trip deposits only took 5 days.

edited to add: I actually cancelled all of my planned Orlando vacations several days prior to the official closing announcements, so it's possible I got ahead of the crush, which was my intention.

Last edited:

I cancelled a hotel reservation 3/22 and it showed up on my credit card 3/30, but was dated 3/23.

Yeah it takes quite a while - I have cancelled and rebooked so many times over the last couple of months it crazy.
It was taking a couple of weeks for each of them

I was pleasantly surprised that I received a refund for cancelling my Hard Rock reservation a day before we were scheduled to arrive; I had written that off. The refund hit my card just over a week later.

I cancelled my May reservation on April 1, the deposit refund is pending on my credit card today.

For those of you who had your reservations cancelled by Universal instead of choosing to cancel yourself how did they notify you and how soon after the closure announcements did they notify you?

I had a trip planned for May 6-9, booked at Aventura. With the most recent closure extension through May 31st that’s definitely canceled. I don’t want to bother them (or sit on hold for hours since I’m already going to have to do that with Southwest!) if they’re going to auto cancel me anyway, and I’m sure they’d appreciate one less call to have to answer.

For those of you who had your reservations cancelled by Universal instead of choosing to cancel yourself how did they notify you and how soon after the closure announcements did they notify you?

I had a trip planned for May 6-9, booked at Aventura. With the most recent closure extension through May 31st that’s definitely canceled. I don’t want to bother them (or sit on hold for hours since I’m already going to have to do that with Southwest!) if they’re going to auto cancel me anyway, and I’m sure they’d appreciate one less call to have to answer.
I received an email from them today because we had a trip scheduled for May. The email stated:

"Our team remains committed to helping you plan a much needed and deserved vacation, and when the time is appropriate, our hotels and theme parks will be excited to welcome you back. For your convenience, if we do not hear from you within the next seven days, we will cancel your reservation for you and begin the refund process.

If you prefer, you can manage your reservation online. You can also call us with questions or assistance with future bookings. Please allow 72 hours to receive your modification or cancellation confirmation. Note that our call volume may be higher than normal so we appreciate your patience."

My question is: Has anybody called to change their dates because of COVID? Did they throw in anything extra for the inconvenience? (I know this is not something they had any control over)

My question is: Has anybody called to change their dates because of COVID? Did they throw in anything extra for the inconvenience? (I know this is not something they had any control over)
Have not seen them offering anything like Disney did, but they dont charge what Disney does IMO.
Personally Id take the refund and see what offers come out later.
Reading the report on Disney stock last week they estimate it will take two years for the attendance to recover - so they will need to make some deals to get people back.
Universal probably won't be as desperate but there will probably be specials

I imagine we'll see things like Buy 2 Get 3 Free ticket promos when they are able to start ramping capacity back up.

For hotels they were doing a big discount at the start of March just before they closed doors.

I wonder if they work on some kind of larger dining plan rollout? Obviously they're set up differently versus Disney as far as dining goes, but could they offer some kind of AYCE/unlimited promo at certain park restaurants and hotels?

Discount hotels, park tickets and an All You Can Eat dining promotion would certainly get me booking!!

I imagine we'll see things like Buy 2 Get 3 Free ticket promos when they are able to start ramping capacity back up.

For hotels they were doing a big discount at the start of March just before they closed doors.

I wonder if they work on some kind of larger dining plan rollout? Obviously they're set up differently versus Disney as far as dining goes, but could they offer some kind of AYCE/unlimited promo at certain park restaurants and hotels?

Discount hotels, park tickets and an All You Can Eat dining promotion would certainly get me booking!!
yeah that march promo was a very good deal - I booked my HHN stay with that - was better than the AP rate

yeah that march promo was a very good deal - I booked my HHN stay with that - was better than the AP rate
Which one, the savvey traveler ?
That’s the one I booked for late September
and hoping for a better deal when ap rates come out for my time period

Came back to add I waited until March 4 when I booked as Loews stated could cancel 24 hours out if I needed to for any reason.

If ap rates come out lower than what I booked, I’ll cancel my reservation and make a new one.

Yes I now remember that discounted sale but I stay premier and nothing but ST was available when I booked.
AP rates usually come out sometime im
June in past years for premier hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter