Refusing to Accept NEW Disney

disneygogetter

Mouseketeer
My friend 25 years old - isn't willing to sit down and watch the "NEW" Disney movies like the Princess one's. She has seen Tangled and enjoyed it but she doesn't want to see Frozen or Brave. She just doesn't like the way Disney is doing things, she prefers the old school Disney Princess and how the past use to be with Disney.

Now she says Disney can't come up with new ideas so they are just tossing whatever they can to make money out there.

What are your thoughts on this?

My friend 25 years old - isn't willing to sit down and watch the "NEW" Disney movies like the Princess one's. She has seen Tangled and enjoyed it but she doesn't want to see Frozen or Brave. She just doesn't like the way Disney is doing things, she prefers the old school Disney Princess and how the past use to be with Disney.

Now she says Disney can't come up with new ideas so they are just tossing whatever they can to make money out there.

well brave is different since it's a pixar movie and merida is not your typical disney princesses. can you name a disney princess that doesn't want to get married with a prince beside merida? (hmm you can argue belle has suffered from stockholm syndrome but she never rejected the beast the way merida does to the first borns of other clans)

tangled is a more traditional movie in this sense because the story involves the princess and her love interest. brave is about the love between mother and daughter while frozen is about sisters. it's heart-warming because almost everyone can related to their parental/sibling love. honestly i'm glad to see these changes coz i'm a bit tired of seeing princesses getting married with a guy they've just met. :P

I think the new Disney movies have been duds up until Frozen, and the key to Frozen for me is the soundtrack.

I can not stand the current "look" of Disney movies. The hand-drawn animation was beautiful, and I find the people in the current films downright ugly. But that isn't going to stop me from watching or I'd have to quit modern animated films altogether since Disney is hardly alone in this regard.

Pish-posh! How does she know they aren't new ideas when she hasn't seen them!!! You can't get newer than Tangled and Frozen!!

Tangled was a wonderful twist on Rapunzel (and made $500 mil), Brave has Merida, a very unique new princess, and Frozen is well, Frozen, a cultural phenomenon which has made over a Billion and has two of the coolest princesses ever..

Tell her to shut up and watch.

Just kidding. Don't say that. But tell her she needs to watch and then judge.

The nice thing is, we will always have all these movies, both the old traditional stories and the new stories. All have their place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter