Regarding me and swaps - Update post 22

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I just talked to my mom, and my Grandma is in hospice. She was given last rites today and was fully aware of what was happening, the Awakening period. Sadly she is close to the end. They said maybe 2 weeks at the most.

I just want to keep you all apprised of the situation. My goal is to keep plugging away on swaps until the call comes to go home to New Jersey.
What I need to know is what you want me to do. Mail what I have? Wait until I come back? Angel?

Let me know what you would prefer.

Thanks.

Buffy, I'm so sorry! Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust to all of your family! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with swaps or anything! :hug:

Buffy :hug::hug: I'm so sorry. My swap can totally wait, family first always!

Buffy, prayers for you and your entire family during this difficult time. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Cassey

Let me know if you need me to lend a hand with anything. I haven't got the planner swap ready to mail out yet but I will check to see if you are ready for me to send it out before I do.

Rebecca

Sending you Prayers and Pixie Dust.

You do what you need for your family. Family always comes first.

I can always short swap and give back the extras if needed.

Buffy, so sorry to hear about your Grandma, will keep her and your family in my prayers.
You know we all feel the same, family is always first, take care of yourself and them first, the paper can wait.
I'm here to help angel if that's needed.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the thoughts and prayers and I will forward them on to mom. She is not taking this well, and frankly neither am I.

Ann, I know you are a strict time constraint and I am working diligently on the complete pages. I actually got 2 groups built last night, I just need to add titles.

Today I am building Tomorrowland and DHS. I hope to have these mailed by Thursday, weather permitting.

Cheryl, I should have the 2 inch letters done soon too. Thankfully they won't take long.

My issue right now is paper dolls. Nan has offered to delay swapping for me. I told her even if I could get the stuff cut, I could assemble on the road (7 hour drive). I really don't want to hold you guys up though.

Buffy, I will push paper doll swap back as soon as we get the call..
Tonight we will finish up the parks/land swap... WE will tackle tomorrowland first...
than DHS...
Wednesday's goal is the titles and signing them! ;) WE will get you done yet this week...

Next up will be the character letters... but those will go quick... ;)

You know, I'm here any hour, any day.. like always! ;)

Thanks Nan!!

I'm actually working on Tomorrowland right now, those stupid strips of paper are driving me insane!!!
I have one more to do for the strips then I need to work on titles. I'd like to finish the titles of the pages I have done before I move on the DHS complete page. To much stuff on my table..........

DH needs to help me scan that mermaid so I can print copies. Don't have time to go hunting more. I hope to get that done tonight too.

Hi Buffy, just wanted to check in to see how your Grandma is doing....continued P & PD for you all!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

No news yet. The Drs said it could take up to 2 weeks. She is refusing all food, they kept the feeding tube in for pain meds.
I was thinking about it this morning, how agonizing it is waiting to die. Especially when you are coherent. And I was shopping for clothes for the kids, which just seemed morbid to me, she's not even gone yet.

Mom is doing ok, she has her moments like we all do. I think she is going to go ahead and drive down on Monday just to be there. DH has to go to DC Monday night so he will just drive in from there. Dad and I will drive down with the kids when the call comes.
My mom's brothers seem to be doing a little better, especially since she had her Awakening and last rites. She told them she was at peace with God and was ready to see her husband.
DD is not taking it well at all. I'm probably going to have the Sisters at school talk to her. I guess that's the one positive of going to Catholic school, even though we don't believe in all that, it has helped the kids.

So I plug away at my swaps, and jump every time the phone rings. I've let everyone here and IRL know what is going on. I'm getting my ducks in a row because this is an extremely busy time of year for both schools.

Thanks for thinking about her. We appreciate it.

Buffy I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending out :grouphug: and prayers to you and your family. It was not very long ago that I was in the spot you are facing now. I know it is not much but time does help. Stay strong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter