Rejected Offers Thread

Oooh... I haven't heard of this lockoff premium fiasco before - do you have a thread or a quick explanation you could share? As a new member, I'm trying to collect all the DVC lore, hahaha
Here ya go, all 90 pages of it. And now you’ll understand why @zavandor deserves his signature line, “Proud to be one of the notorious 24.”
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...to-stop-revert-the-2020-reallocation.3726101/

And here’s the denouement.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2020-points-chart-has-been-revised-to-be-closer-to-2019.3731528/

But by signing saying they want to stick to the original terms, they weren't being forced to buy anything else. I do agree that current owners really shouldn't have had to do anything if they just wanted to keep the 2042 expiration. I think Disney muddled it up, for sure. But I don't know enough about timeshares and the legal stuff to understand why they did it the way they did it.

I get that that they shouldn't change the terms and spring it on people. Personally, I think if DVD wanted to do this, they should have just waited and done it close to the 2042. It's weird that they did it so many years in advance. And threatening to lock their accounts is definitely shady. Though thankfully it doesn't sound like that was the case. They SHOULD lock those accounts in 2042 though. That's my only real issue here.

You have to go back and read how it was presented and what happened. This is in the other thread, which is where we should move the conversation but this has the exact language of what occurred.

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/old-key-west/14-additional-details-on-okw-contract-extension

As I said, nothing that owners did not do prevented DVD from doing it again for other resorts. except maybe rhe hot water they got into with those who got lawyers involved?

You have to go back and read how it was presented and what happened. This is in the other thread, which is where we should move the conversation but this has the exact language of what occurred.

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/old-key-west/14-additional-details-on-okw-contract-extension

As I said, nothing that owners did not do prevented DVD from doing it again for other resorts. except maybe rhe hot water they got into with those who got lawyers involved?
To make it relevant to today, $25 then is $37 now. If you owned 100 points (and remember many OKW owners had 230+), how would you like being told in September that you had until the end of February to pay $3700 or send in a quit claim deed, and if you didn’t your account would be locked?

Those owners didn’t create the mess, DVC did.

I'm understanding that a lot better now. :)

But if both sides put that aside, can it be dealt with now or is it off limits because of the settlement? (Deja-Vu, I think I asked already. lol)

I'm understanding that a lot better now. :)

But if both sides put that aside, can it be dealt with now or is it off limits because of the settlement? (Deja-Vu, I think I asked already. lol)
Thread 'OKW Extension Papers & Lockout Mentioned'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/okw-extension-papers-lockout-mentioned.1828679/

Since this thread is about the topic, let’s move this topic there…future posts will be moved there.

Now back to rejected offers….ps…go there to see the answer I just posted about what I think after re reading the language that was sent at the owners back then.

To make it relevant to today, $25 then is $37 now. If you owned 100 points (and remember many OKW owners had 230+), how would you like being told in September that you had until the end of February to pay $3700 or send in a quit claim deed, and if you didn’t your account would be locked?

Honestly… I don’t think having to return a form within 5-months is that big of a deal….

Honestly… I don’t think having to return a form within 5-months is that big of a deal….
But what if you wanted to take advantage of it? Could you come up with $3700 cash in five months? We couldn't have.

And I think you're looking at it from the long time ago perspective. At the time, it seemed like the OKW owners were being railroaded.

And @Sandisw I think I'm done.

None with under 160 points in my UY, unfortunately. So I just keep waiting....

Honestly, probably for the best. We haven't even paid for the BRV one fully yet (but will as soon as we get closing docs.)

And when I do (hopefully) get the perfect VGC contract, that will be it for a while, I think.

None with under 160 points in my UY, unfortunately. So I just keep waiting....

Honestly, probably for the best. We haven't even paid for the BRV one fully yet (but will as soon as we get closing docs.)

And when I do (hopefully) get the perfect VGC contract, that will be it for a while, I think.
I think if you stalk the DVC site like you stalk the aggregators you’ll be able to use some of your BRV points at VGC and upgrade from a studio to a 1 BD…. then the addonitis really begins!

Maybe. But I think we may end up using all of our BRV one 1-bedrooms there, except for maybe an odd year here or there. I've written out some rough ideas of trips and it actually has me borrowing form UYs for BRV, except for 1 year with some points that could go unused.

Right now, with our 160 at VGC, I think we can still get into a 1-bedroom some years without having to add anymore points. But ideally, I'd still love to add a small contract. I don't want to have to do another 160 because $$$$.

Maybe. But I think we may end up using all of our BRV one 1-bedrooms there, except for maybe an odd year here or there. I've written out some rough ideas of trips and it actually has me borrowing form UYs for BRV, except for 1 year with some points that could go unused.

Right now, with our 160 at VGC, I think we can still get into a 1-bedroom some years without having to add anymore points. But ideally, I'd still love to add a small contract. I don't want to have to do another 160 because $$$$.
And you were worried you wouldn’t use all of the BRV points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter