Rejected Offers Thread

PVB - Aug UY - 220points $160 offer, $169 asking 5/17/24
While I do NOT think $169 is a reasonable price to pay for PVB, my guess is that they will get it (unless it’s stripped all the way to 2026) with the recent ROFR frenzy. I didn’t want to accept a $135 counter last winter so I’m definitely not in the market for Poly resale now, but if I was, I’d consider trying to get a transfer of PVB points to tide me over a year or two and then plan to buy discount resale or under $200 direct in 2026.

While I do NOT think $169 is a reasonable price to pay for PVB, my guess is that they will get it (unless it’s stripped all the way to 2026) with the recent ROFR frenzy. I didn’t want to accept a $135 counter last winter so I’m definitely not in the market for Poly resale now, but if I was, I’d consider trying to get a transfer of PVB points to tide me over a year or two and then plan to buy discount resale or under $200 direct in 2026.
I'm with you - but it's been a hot minute since any contracts with 2024 points (let alone banked) have hit market. Pretty much everything is 2025 or stripped.

The listing for $169 did sell - I believe for asking (I was given the opportunity to increase bid to $170 but declined)

I'm with you - but it's been a hot minute since any contracts with 2024 points (let alone banked) have hit market. Pretty much everything is 2025 or stripped.

The listing for $169 did sell - I believe for asking (I was given the opportunity to increase bid to $170 but declined)
Wow, what an “opportunity.” 😂

I don’t judge anybody who wants to throw down $200 for Poly resale, I paid direct for AUL so I’m the last to throw stones. I just think if you’re already going to spend $170 (for non-loaded contracts), it’s worth buying direct or waiting a year for resale.

All December use years.

SSR, Arr2–D2, 300, $95, $95, May 2024

---Seller to pay dues, closing, and broker fee. Would have been $82/pp after credits. On the market 3 months. Rejected no counter.

SSR, Arr2-D2, 320, $80, $95, May 2024

---No offer acknowledgment or response of any kind. Eventually rescinded the offer. On the market 4 months.

SSR, Arr2–D2, 300, $90, $99, May 2024

---Seller to pay 2024 dues, buyer pay closing. Effective $82/pp. On the market 3 months.
Countered with $96/pp, effective $88/pp.

We politely declined as our offer was where we needed to be for the SSR purchase to work. Received the following from the broker:

Most DVC Members are middle to higher income and don't behave in "desperation" like some other timeshare sellers out there. Deals exist, but with Disney exercising their right of refusal steals are an anomaly, historically speaking.

---

While I could keep digging through the other 80 SSR December contracts currently available, I’m done. If not in the low $80’s /pp they don’t compete for me when we could get more at CCV. CCV is SAP+ to us & has longer years for flexibility down the road. With CCV going for easy $126-$130 we beat out SSR in the numbers game. We’ve had two offers accepted at CCV in the last 24 hours putting us firmly into the 1000 point club.

We politely declined as our offer was where we needed to be for the SSR purchase to work. Received the following from the broker:

Most DVC Members are middle to higher income and don't behave in "desperation" like some other timeshare sellers out there. Deals exist, but with Disney exercising their right of refusal steals are an anomaly, historically speaking.
Well this is a horrible response, curious who the broker is if you would like to share here or via DM, I wouldn't want to even attempt to do business with them. Honestly I would have responded with a copy of recent SSR closing numbers you are not below what some have closed for.

I’d bet we’re also seeing people who own poly resale planning to trade into direct if they can get enough now (especially after stripping their contract!) that buying direct will only be $20-30 more after incentives.

Or people like me who want to buy Poly direct but want that existing owner discount and plan to buy fairly large contracts (went with 12 people last year and 9 the year before). So buying some resale before the direct points go on sale made sense for us (even if it is at a slightly higher price point).

All December use years.

SSR, Arr2–D2, 300, $95, $95, May 2024

---Seller to pay dues, closing, and broker fee. Would have been $82/pp after credits. On the market 3 months. Rejected no counter.

SSR, Arr2-D2, 320, $80, $95, May 2024

---No offer acknowledgment or response of any kind. Eventually rescinded the offer. On the market 4 months.

SSR, Arr2–D2, 300, $90, $99, May 2024

---Seller to pay 2024 dues, buyer pay closing. Effective $82/pp. On the market 3 months.
Countered with $96/pp, effective $88/pp.

---

While I could keep digging through the other 80 SSR December contracts currently available, I’m done. If not in the low $80’s /pp they don’t compete for me when we could get more at CCV. CCV is SAP+ to us & has longer years for flexibility down the road. With CCV going for easy $126-$130 we beat out SSR in the numbers game. We’ve had two offers accepted at CCV in the last 24 hours putting us firmly into the 1000 point club.
Interesting work. Do you mind me asking how many contracts got you to the 1000? I am just starting right now with two closed at this point and a third waiting ROFR. Seems like you are laser focused on value and SAP. Do you stay in the same use year or do you strictly look at flexibility and length?

I would have said I don’t recall any SSR contracts being ROFR recently. Can you give me any examples where SSR is not spelled Poly, OKW or GFV.
Yes! 👏🏼

“It doesn’t seem like you are very good at your job if you don’t know that ROFR hasn’t occurred for SSR since 2022–there is no reason it is coming back. Perhaps you may be confusing SSR with PVB or VGF? Additionally, DVC has decided to make resale points more and more like traditional timeshares, locking them out of their newest resorts. Some (including your regulatory body) might feel that brokers have an obligation to point out these facts to the sellers instead of recommending they hold out hope for 2022 prices.”

WOW. That is totally out of line. I would definitely forward that message along with a little note to the owner of whatever brokerage that was. These brokers are getting cocky these last couple of weeks! I am not appreciating the condescending tone.

WOW. That is totally out of line. I would definitely forward that message along with a little note to the owner of whatever brokerage that was. These brokers are getting cocky these last couple of weeks! I am not appreciating the condescending tone.
Sadly, I think there’s a decent chance that kind of tone gets set at the top— but it’s possible it’s just a broker trying to shame someone into paying more than they would like. Honestly, I can understand why a broker with a PVB contract might send an obnoxious email “educating” buyers about current market dynamics but a SSR broker? 🤨 Almost like if McDonalds decided to throw up a velvet rope and ask people to queue outside at 10pm on a Tuesday saying “we don’t let just anybody in.”

(Please note: this is not meant to denigrate SSR or its fans, my very favorite blogger owns and loves it, but a SSR broker talking down to a potential buyer about how ROFR keeps up prices is ludicrous)

Sadly, I think there’s a decent chance that kind of tone gets set at the top— but it’s possible it’s just a broker trying to shame someone into paying more than they would like. Honestly, I can understand why a broker with a PVB contract might send an obnoxious email “educating” buyers about current market dynamics but a SSR broker? 🤨 Almost like if McDonalds decided to throw up a velvet rope and ask people to queue outside at 10pm on a Tuesday saying “we don’t let just anybody in.”

(Please note: this is not meant to denigrate SSR or its fans, my very favorite blogger owns and loves it, but a SSR broker talking down to a potential buyer about how ROFR keeps up prices is ludicrous)

Attachments

• sirthisisawendysmeme.jpg
    sirthisisawendysmeme.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
What an awful response!

Pretty sure I know exactly which individual this is as I have had very similar responses from them previously!

You guys are good folks :)

It certainly did feel condescending. For fear of boasting I won’t get into middle/upper class comment but we’re very blessed & doing better than we deserve. We’ve made and learned from financial mistakes and try to make wise choices. Although addonitis a real problem. Help!! We’re done.. Well maybe a small Beach Club or Boardwalk contract... Stop it!!! At least don’t look until these contracts have closed.. Well maybe a peak - oh this is shiny!

It is a broker that we can share with no filters on this forum but I’d rather not list for permanent public display. There are good and bad ones everywhere. This one has some cons to go with the pro’s, clearly. Online I take the stance of not arguing with idiots so not to be brought down to their level. I wish I could send back some of your awesome responses because they are golden! It’s just not me.

Since this will only apply to viewers today, just go browsing for a SSR December use year with the contract points and cost per point I listed above… There is only one. Again it’s a broker we can list here just would prefer we not. I’m not trying to break or bend rules. I’ll just pm those who ask.

We have four completed contracts now with two more about to go to ROFR. 1st was Disney Direct, then https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/ has been twice, with 3 other companies mingled in. They all have their pro’s and con’s, that’s all I can say in general. Just find the right deal for you and hope for the best.

Amazingly the company I most eagerly wanted to do business with is the board sponsor. I even spoke with Derek before becoming a member. He gave some pointers and I asked for a referral for a good direct guide and he pointed me to Gib for the GFV sale. Their asking prices always seem too high or firm. My personality doesn’t even want to engage in conversation on those contracts because it would be a lowball offer to a seller with apparently high expectations vs the average prices we can research & monitor here. Patience has lead to contracts popping up with other brokers who get my eager offer at a couple bucks below asking, unless loaded, then I generally treat them like I would like to be treated with a full price offer. No stress, easy sale for a great value at the time.

Anyway I’ve learned so much from everyone on this forum it would be worth a subscription if needed and certainly a cold milkshake at Beaches and Cream if we were there at the same time. I’ll step out of my comfort zone now and then and share what little I’ve gleaned if perhaps it helps another.

Interesting work. Do you mind me asking how many contracts got you to the 1000? I am just starting right now with two closed at this point and a third waiting ROFR. Seems like you are laser focused on value and SAP. Do you stay in the same use year or do you strictly look at flexibility and length?

Yes, happy to share!

We committed to the same use year and don’t even look at other options, December for us.

We’re at 6 contracts with the 2 heading to ROFR hopefully today, listed below.

Besides the consideration for a 300 SSR that we would have affectionately called our “Aulani 1BR contract” we wanted to keep them on the smaller side for easier resale if heaven forbid we have to sell in the distant future. I view all of our points as SAP+. We’d be happy to be at either but as Epcot fans, we now have enough to swap to a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk at 7months or experiment with whatever we want over the decades. Boardwalk is our favorite area but I couldn’t make the numbers work in favor of making it an average sized contract/home resort purchase at the current prices vs CCV, GFV or even BLT. Since we love the 1BR anyway over studios, I calculate we’re better off having enough CCV with 26 more years of points after 2042 to either resell or keep enjoying however is possible at the time.

10/23 we purchased GFV direct, 200 points, December use year with the tail end of promotions & magical beginnings.
12/23 GFV 220 @ $152/pp. (Had only 4/23 points)
03/24 CCV 150 @ $128.5 (Had 56/23 points)
03/24 CCV 100 @ $135 (Had 97/23 points)
05/24 CCV 140 @ $128.5 (Has 123/23 points)
05/24 CCV 200 @ $126 (Has 88/23 points)

I’ve been increasing my dues budget to cover everything for next January :) .

We wanted enough to do the following trips at the minimum. We’re also going for a week in early December so depending on that experience it could get added to the permanent schedule. We also like to have the option to bring parents along with and grab a 2 bedroom now and then either at Aulani or WDW.

1 February week at Aulani 1BR ocean view, 322
1 May week Boardwalk 1BR with kids, 234
1 Aug/Sept week adults only trip Boardwalk 1BR, 253
Thats 809 minimum per year.

You guys are good folks :)
I did what you said last night and figured it out. Turns out I am currently in contract with them :joker: so my previous comment is null and void I guess. Side note: I just saw your sign off joke and cant wait to tell my son. He will find it hilarious. We do daily jokes and I get to bring the good joke today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter