Reliving 10 Glorious and Gluttonous Disney Days (TC and LC Updates page 2)

Tangerine Cafe

Another new spot for us. I had heard it was good, so we decided to check it out. I ordered the Chicken and Lamb platter. Both were very good and I like the accompaniments. I did find the hummus a little bland. I also found the bread dry, but I think I’m more used to pita style bread, and this was more like a roll. DH ordered the lamb sandwich. Also good but not outstanding. We used to go to a fast food Greek place which was excellent, and this food wasn’t quite up to their standards. Given all of the choices in the World Showcase, I think it good but not awesome. Although, I’m not sure I’d give any of the CS places an awesome!

We did have a little trouble with the DDP here. DH is allergic to nuts and I asked if we could have something other than baklava for him. The girl at the counter said to just go to the little bakery and she would give us a chocolate mousse. Well, the woman at the bakery was not very helpful and said she could give me the mousse, but neither of us could have baklava. I asked if there was any dessert that didn’t have nuts but cost less than the baklava. She offered a prepackaged coconut cookie. Okay, whatever that’s fine. She asked if I wanted 2. Sure, whatever. When we picked up our meals, they tried to also give us 2 baklava. I explained we only needed one, as we had exchanged DH’s for the cookies. I guess the woman from the bakery heard the discussion and ran over and took back one of the cookies. I guess when she offered 2, she meant one for each of us, not that 2 cookies equaled a baklava. We ended up giving the cookie to some teenagers next to us, as neither of us really wanted it. The baklava wasn’t great either. The whole thing was sort of a hassle and I was embarrassed because I wasn’t trying to con them out of an extra cookie or anything. I just didn’t understand what she was getting at.

Le Cellier

This was DH’s favorite meal of the trip. We checked in about 10 or 15 minutes early, but waited until just after our ADR time. We participated in some Canadian triva while we waited, so that was fun. I wish they had more benches though.

Our server had a couple tables sat around the same time, and one of them knew what they wanted to eat basically right as they sat down, so we had to wait a little while before he came to see us. After that, however, the server was pretty on top of things.

To start, I ordered the Caesar salad and DH had the cheese soup. The salad wasn’t great with bitter lettuce and minimal/unflavorful dressing. I didn’t mind, I snuck some tastes of the soup with the great breads they serve. DH (and I!) really enjoyed the soup. Luckily DH doesn’t like pretzels so I didn’t have to fight with him over those—he stuck to the “sourdough.” (We grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and know our sourdough—that ain’t it!)

I ordered the mushroom filet. It was fantastic—a perfect medium rare and very tender. However, the mushroom risotto just blew it our of the water. It was the single best thing we ate the whole trip. It was just out of this world good. I was trying to be good and not eat everything and left about 1/3 of it and the steak. DH was pretty excited about that; he finished it off for me! DH ordered the prime rib and proclaimed it excellent. He really enjoyed the seasoning mix they used. We asked, it’s a mix of salt, rosemary and thyme. The sides were good as well—but the perfectly cut and cooked prime rib was really the star of the plate.

I ordered the blueberry buckle with ice cream for dessert. Meh. The blueberries were really lacking in flavor and the topping was fine but nothing special. That’s ok—that left me more room to steal bites of DH’s dessert—the Smores. WOW. So delicious and not really what I expected. It was a small ice cream sandwich where the cookies were graham cracker based and coated in chocolate. That was the part I couldn’t stay away from. Super rich but really, really good. There were also some marshmallows on a stick, but we ignored them. The cookies were where it was at.

DH loved this meal so much he wants to come back to WDW and eat there like 3 times! We got the recipes for the risotto and the cheese soup. I made the risotto a couple of nights after we got home. Not quite the same, but a repeater for sure, much like Le Cellier--a must do for any future trip.

Your reviews are amazing! Very detailed. I cant wait to have that mushroom filet at Le Cellier . .really I just cant wait to have EVERYTHING at Le Cellier .. im really looking forward to eating there! :goodvibes

Glad you discovered how good the prime rib is at Le Cellier. Our daughter got it on our last trip, and it was scrumptious! Most people seem to order either the filets or NY Strip ... they don't know what they're missing with the prime rib.

Hey Bekki! Where did you get the recipe for the cheese soup? Can you share?? Feel free to send me a PM! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter