"Remember" Fireworks & IASW

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
Is there something going on over at IASW during the fireworks? I keep reading something about projections there too.

Yes. It's a Small World has projections shown upon it during Remember...

Different ones than the ones projected on the Castle and the Matterhorn.
Much better projections actually... some real video footage.

Seeing Remember from near IaSW is a fun alternative... :cool1:

Bummer...now I'm going to have to watch the fireworks twice..once from the hub and once from the IASW area.

I don't know if I can stand it. :rotfl2:

I came across this thread, and wanted to bump it by saying that watching the fireworks from IASW were one of the highlights of our recent trip. Everyone sat down to watch them (as the CMs said, it happens above us, so no need to try to be taller than others), which the CMs said you couldn't do watching at the castle. If you turn around, you can see some of the castle stuff, like the pirate moments, and even Tinkerbell (though she's a bit of a blob, rather than a flying fairy, from there).

If you get there early and make friends with the CMs, they'll tell you where to stand so you are positioned at the "gate" they make to let people onto IASW. We did this, and were the very first on IASW after the fire marshall cleared the area.

I'm not entirely sure I will ever feel the need to try out the castle for fireworks, b/c this was just SO amazing in and of itself.

Back in that area is my favorite spot as well. We have been seeing them back there for years, back when it was Imagine and there were no projections. I enjoy seeing them from the hub once each trip, but the other nights, its just not worth the awful crowds you have to deal with. You can sit on one of the wall/bench things, get a snack much easier, use the restroom without feeling like a ruptured bladder is better than maneuvering through the crowds and as Bumbershoot said, you can get on IASW first and other FL rides that have been closed off during the fireworks (Storybookland Canal Boats comes to mind).

And if you are eating at one of the hotels or DTD for dinner, its easy enough to ride the monorail into the park and be let out very near where you'll want to be. And in reverse order, if you are riding the monorail back to the DLH or PP afterwards, you'll get to the monorail very quickly.

Those are such good suggestions! The canal boats were a non-issue on our trip, as they were being refurbed. But the monorail idea is so great! Just bypass all those masses. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter