Remove all Bugs and Spys NEW THREAD

Just spent all night debugging both the pc and laptop. I STRONGLY suggest everyone take a day here and there to do this, I've pretty much followed every program listed, especially the HiJackThis program. EXCELLENT!!! Got rid of many bugs that I *Thought* were gone and pc seems to be running much faster this A.M.

B

I have tried Adware and the new Microsoft product. Both have removed the file but as soon as it reboots it's still there!! Anyone have any suggestions? I have been trying to get rid of this all day!!!!! Annmarie

Sorry to say but it came up as Malware! lol

All it reads is a number 127021. It creates a desktop icon shortcut. When I go to Programs and delete it the stupid thing comes right back.

All of the sudden I can't get my AOL to open. Ran all my anti-virus and anti-spyware programs and found nothing. Wonder if something is interferring with it?

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\Program Files\AdsInfinity\AdsInfinity.exe

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

AdsInfinity
WebSiteViewer

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://quickmetasearch.com/?said=acc0001_ho
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0F9561D0-03B2-44a3-89A6-E95E417CBA25} - C:\WINDOWS\cerbmod.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\prvdi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdsInfinity] c:\Program Files\AdsInfinity\AdsInfinity.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ufvov] C:\WINDOWS\System32\?hkdsk.exe
O16 - DPF: {8B1BC605-C593-4865-8F5B-05517F0CD0BB} (MSSecurityAdvisorCD Class) - file://G:\Content\include\msSecUcd.cab

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\Program Files\AdsInfinity\
C:\WINDOWS\cerbmod.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\prvdi.exe
C:\Program Files\WebSiteViewer\

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

Is this for me, Mal, or just an FYI? :confused3

Oops sorry, didn't realize it was for BVC! :rolleyes:

I have made the updates and sent the HJT file log back to TechGuys so hopefully this will do it! I can't believe how this stuff hides in different files within a computer. Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter