Removing persons from MDE

Princess Disney Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I am trying to remove old family from my MDE, but I get the message "Cannot remove; person has plans". I know they don't have plans.
I have tried to call Disney, but I cannot get through at all. I get busy signals or it goes through and the call is dropped.
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks,

You will get that message if you try to delete a profile you manage and there is either a MagicBand or RFID card linked to their profile.

I had the same problem. Would not let me remove people who had not been there with us for several years, but said they have plans.
Had to call to get them removed.
Currently, trying to call is a bad idea as the phones are swamped.

I read somewhere on these forums that you can use the chat function on MDE, which I did, and it probably took less than 10 minutes to remove a family member not going on my upcoming trip. Good luck

Last edited:

If the chat function doesn't work, I'd wait a few days to call. Boo Bash tickets went on sale today for resort guests so the phones have been absolutely crazy all day as the only way to buy them is by calling.

Give it a few days (but before Jun 15th as that's when the General Public Boo Bash tickets go on sale) and try again.

If the chat function doesn't work, I'd wait a few days to call. Boo Bash tickets went on sale today for resort guests so the phones have been absolutely crazy all day as the only way to buy them is by calling.

Give it a few days (but before Jun 15th as that's when the General Public Boo Bash tickets go on sale) and try again.
Thanks so much! Wow what do people do that have a vacation soon and can't get through.

Did you try it on a browser or the app? Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago through a browser, but tried on the app and had no problems. So maybe try the app and even different browsers if you can't reach through the chat!

Did you try it on a browser or the app? Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago through a browser, but tried on the app and had no problems. So maybe try the app and even different browsers if you can't reach through the chat!
I tried both and says I can't. The phone lines at Disney are all busy. Never seen anything like that ever. Thanks for your help.

I tried both and says I can't. The phone lines at Disney are all busy. Never seen anything like that ever. Thanks for your help.
Aw well I hope you can find someone to help soon! I know how utterly frustrating it is when there's some new event/discount etc. and it's nearly impossible to find a CM to help when we all need help with something entirely different. Disney needs a phone number apart from all that.

You have to have support unlink that person's Magic Band before you can remove them (which you probably don't want to do without talking to that person first lol). I had to do this recently with my brother. In his case, it didn't matter because I manage all his plans and he doesn't care so he'll just get a new Magic Band for our upcoming trip. I've now added him back to my MDE.

I had the same problem and had them remove it over the phone. It's crazy busy with the Boo Bash tickets right now, but maybe try again in a few days or try the chat feature when it's available.

I found that the chat feature later in the evening is more readily available. I had to use chat just last night to clean up some of the family/friend group members. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. The phone lines opened up this evening if anyone else needs to call. One phone call got everything on the account all cleaned up. I appreciate all the replies of help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter