Removing Peter Pans Flight Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if they removed them from the ride, I likely wouldn't even notice. The native characters are a minor scene and the ride can tell the story just fine without them. I was always surprised that they are still on it.

I agree that they should be removed from the ride the depiction of Indian culture in the movie is awful, especially the song. If they get rid of the mermaid that looks like Ariel on the ride at WDW my kids would be disappointed, as they always have to point it out 😊

So bringing this all together from my original question I understand that most believe it's a racist depiction of the native Americans that offend and not cultural appropriation. I get that.

Something I want to understand is are they actually American Natives? Or a make believe version of Indians? I mean they live with mermaids, pixies and a boy who can fly and I hate to break it to you they never have existed. (Sorry Tinkerbell).

Peter Pan was written over here in the UK and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital (you would remember the scene from London 2012 opening ceremony, celebrating the hospital) benefits a great deal from the books financially. Disney gives very generously in money and imageneering (they build themed playgrounds etc). I've seen it with my own eyes as I visit with other cosplayers to help stimulate the kids to exercise and to provide experiences. (Sorry I digress) So I don't believe the original author would have been or seen a native American to base his opinions or thoughts on? It's not like a common thing to pop on a plane and see these things so are we getting duped by something that was a make believe thing?

Honestly, if they removed them from the ride, I likely wouldn't even notice. The native characters are a minor scene and the ride can tell the story just fine without them. I was always surprised that they are still on it.

agree. Its not a major scene and if some people are offended by it then it should change. No idea why that is a hill people want to die on. Guess it’s just a “if people are offended it’s cancel culture so no way should It be changed”. It just isn’t that important a scene.

the Old mod is missed. This thread would have been locked pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter