Renaissance World Gate

MandyYeh

Earning My Ears
Hi, All. We are planning a trip to WDW from Feb 13-Feb 18. I bid on Priceline and got Renaissance World Gate for $42 plus $15 bonus money. I don't know a thing about this hotel....Could anyone help? In Nov. 2000 we went to WDW and again I bid on Priceline and we stayed at MOWC....great hotel. I tried bidding for the 4*plus resorts but when I got up to $60 I stopped as I was trying to keep costs down...partially because we didn't spend a lot of time in our room last time and I don't imagine we will this time.

Any discriptions of this hotel would be much appreciated....good or bad. My MIL will be staying with us in this hotel room....I am hoping it will accomodate 5 (2 of which are children 3 yo and 8 yo). And I'm hoping it will be a nice hotel....

Mandy

I got this hotel (Then known as a Doubletree) via priceline. It is a nice enough place (Nothing like the MOWC), not to big with 7 floors. It is off of Highway 192 by a block and is quiet. The lobby is decent and the room is avaerage size and decorated nicely. I do not know if they have rollaways available but I am sure one would fit in there as the dresser and TV console are laid out differently thanin other hotels. The bathroom is little with just one sink in the room with the toilet and the shower / oddly shaped bathtub.
The location of the hotel is good. Ask the Guest services how to take the back way to Disney Property. It is close. My room had a view (remote) of the Tree of Life at the Animal Kingdom. Even driving the front way only took 10 minutes or less to Epcot. I usually stay onsite and found this to be a nice place, though not fancy.

Thanks...I really appreciate your response. Since I posted I was able to read other people's impressions of this hotel from another board. They had mostly nice things to say about this hotel. We've stayed at Dixie Landings in 1998 and it was very nice....I just can't see spending the $$ when we are going to be at the parks all day. To me, this is a place just to crash and shower....but I certainly don't want dumpy, KWIM?

Thanks again...

Mandy

We stayed there for a couple nights last year. It was a nice, clean hotel. The lobby was really nice. It was a great place to stay at night since we were in the parks all day. Its definately not as fancy as Marriot, but we would definately stay there again. Like Daannzz suggested: be sure to get the back route to WDW. It takes 5 min the back way. We loved it!

We just stayed there for 2 nights Fri. and Sat. Jan. 4 and 5. It was nice. The lobby and halls and elevators were beautiful. Checkin was OK, although the desk people weren't too friendly, just business. First we were put on the 6th floor which looked a slight bit worn. We had been told they were connecting rooms, but they weren't. So they moved us to the 5th floor facing the Tree of life in the far distance. We were given 3 rooms with 2 double beds in each room. The rooms were fairly spacious and nice. The bathrooms were nice. We got our rooms on Priceline for $25 dollars each plus the $20 bonus money that was being offered last summer when we bid. Overall, we were very satisfied with the Renaissance World Gate and would love to stay there again. Pomcoach :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter