Renew or Not to Renew: AP Renewal - DVC

Question: Can you renew at a lower level pass? Keep that for the year or two you don’t plan to use it, then renew into a higher level pass that more effectively meets your needs? I’m pretty sure you can upgrade, but not sure about downgrading.
You can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to at renewal time.

Renewing has a different risk: they might stop selling them altogether or come out with a different type of AP that you may not like or need. So you've renewed just to keep the AP... for nothing.

Question: Can you renew at a lower level pass? Keep that for the year or two you don’t plan to use it, then renew into a higher level pass that more effectively meets your needs? I’m pretty sure you can upgrade, but not sure about downgrading.

Yes, but as said above, only for the AP level you qualify for.

As an out of state DVC owner, I qualify only for the Sorcerer and Incredipass.

So, if you're a current out of state DVC owner, and you already have the Sorcerer pass...you cannot "downgrade" to a Pirate or Pixie Pass...those are only available for FL residents. If you're not a DVC owner nor a FL resident, then Incredipass is the only option.

Last I knew, the answer is yes…so if you have the Incredi pass and are eligible for the Sorcerer pass, you can do that at renewal and then go back to the other the following year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter