Renewed DAS yesterday in person. What I found out...

chrisney

Mouseketeer
First. Renewal now is only for 30 days. We renewed and are only good through May 11.

Second, the party line at guest services is that they don't know. And they're not going to talk about what they don't know. They aren't being trained to handle the actual transfer, just about what do tell people without promising anything.; They're having a two hour training course about the changes. Will other types of disabilities be considered? Don't know. Will multiple disabilities which might not be eligable individually be considered? Don't know. Will I have an 8 hour wait on the phone? He hopes not. They've hired 200 additional cast members. That sounds great, but is that both DL and DW? Is that covering all shifts? How about days off

I asked about people who are either internet challenged or work and can't waiting hours. They will have IPADS available at guest services and you can sit there and wait to chat. It's something, but what about those who really can't do the park without accomadations that might not pass muster.

This is because they want all existing DAS to expire by 5/19 except for guests who have a trip extending past that date. By 5/20 everyone will need to go through the new process.
So why not extend until oh, say the 19th? Your answers make sense, but show no flexibility. Everything about this change seems to follow the same arbitrary format.

So why not extend until oh, say the 19th? Your answers make sense, but show no flexibility. Everything about this change seems to follow the same arbitrary format.
Do you have a trip planned for mid-May? Just a guess, but they probably figure guests doing pre-registration now will be using the DAS and be done their visit.

Thanks for the information. I have a trip the second week of May and another the first week of June. I registered last Sunday before the news broke about the changes. Now I don’t know if I’ll still have an active DAS for the second trip, which is within 30 days of the first.

I did mine yesterday for my dates in May before the change over and our trip ends a few days before the changes. My DAS is good till June 10.

Do you have a trip planned for mid-May? Just a guess, but they probably figure guests doing pre-registration now will be using the DAS and be done their visit.
I live in Orlando and have an annual pass. And yes, the DM knew that. He is from where I started my teaching career and I asked if he preferred Orlando snow to Ohio snow.

I asked about people who are either internet challenged or work and can't waiting hours. They will have IPADS available at guest services and you can sit there and wait to chat. It's something, but what about those who really can't do the park without accomadations that might not pass muster.
Will they no longer accept walk-in requests? So if we go to guest services on our first park day like we usually do, we might end up sitting in front of an ipad for hours?

Will they no longer accept walk-in requests? So if we go to guest services on our first park day like we usually do, we might end up sitting in front of an ipad for hours?
Starting May 20th, if you have not pre-registered for DAS it can still be done on-site but it will be via a tablet and not talking directly with a person face-to-face. At this point, we don't know if there might be a shorter wait for those onsite, or if it would be the same online video chat queue as everyone else who is at home.

Starting May 20th, if you have not pre-registered for DAS it can still be done on-site but it will be via a tablet and not talking directly with a person face-to-face. At this point, we don't know if there might be a shorter wait for those onsite, or if it would be the same online video chat queue as everyone else who is at home.
Thanks. What a pain. Our trip starts May 21st, so right at the start of this potential mess. I'm guessing my DD has to be there for the call? Which means I can't do it while she's at school. Ugh.

This is totally stupid move on Disney's part, in my opinion. Not everybody has the liberty to wait in a virtual chat queue for 8+ hours.

This is totally stupid move on Disney's part, in my opinion. Not everybody has the liberty to wait in a virtual chat queue for 8+ hours.

Honestly, this is the only change that bothers me. We've been using DAS for 6-7 years and have always done it the same way. Never used the pre-registration system because it was time consuming and anxiety-inducing for my DD, and we never cared about the advanced selections. Now we're being forced to pre-register or be Guinea Pigs for the new system at the park :mad:

I’m going to be in WDW soon. I’m scared of asking for the DAS. However, I’m scared not to try. I have severe anxiety, especially in tight spaces. I will be using a scooter because I cannot stand or walk long distances and my balance stinks. I also am a recently diagnosed diabetic, an I just have no idea how my blood sugar will go! I sometimes have uncontrolled body movements where my husband has to give me medication right away. I get migraines that could be triggered and last for days that would ruin our whole trip. My body overheats very easily as well and I suffer from chronic dehydration.

Scared but wanting to have the best time we can!

Last edited:
I’m going to be in WDW next week. I’m scared of asking for the DAS. However, I’m scared not to try. … Any tips on what to say to the cast member?

Scared but wanting to have the best time we can!
First, so as not to encourage scammers that could be reading, you should probably delete all of your personal info from the posts you’ve made.

As far as DAS all they want to know is what happens negatively when you wait in line. Why can’t you wait in a traditional line in your scooter? Just explain. They’ve always been kind and patient with me.

Last edited:
I posted this in the other thread but I'm sure it will get buried in the debated. My nephew just applied for DAS today at Noon PST / 3:00 EST and waited no more than 10 mins. I'm hoping this means they have hired more CMs for online registration.

Thank you for your experience. I'm hoping to hear from more folks with actual experiences as it continues to roll out!

Sharing my experience as well. We're going 5/21-5/26, plan to be at the parks 5/22-5/24.

Started chat at 4:16 pm. Video call started at 4:36, was done in less than 5 min.

Was told DAS will only be valid for the days we'll be at the parks, she gave us until 5/25 just in case.

I was offered advanced selections, but declined. She did not mention anything about the 10 minute rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter