Rental car discounts

Discounts have been much less than in the past. My process is to grab a rental as soon as I know my travel dates. I look through Costco, which usually gives me the best rate and cross-check via Autoslash and Carrentalsavers. I then constantly check rates even until the day before we travel. Usually, I get the best rate anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months before we travel. For instance, for our last rental, I started at $1,000+ for a 7day rental. Over the months prior, the rates dropped to the $4-500 range. Around 3 weeks, I got a rental for a full-size car for $301, with a $25 Costco giftcard, netting to $276. 2-3 years ago, I would’ve hoped for a rate around $225, but for now, anything sub-$300 is good.

Public discounts are not nearly the thing they used to be. Now it's all much more tightly controlled contract codes. I have access to a couple of them that are still very good but when I look at the rate just checking, it's obscene and would make me rethink trips, or really consider the bad companies.

Public discounts are not nearly the thing they used to be. Now it's all much more tightly controlled contract codes. I have access to a couple of them that are still very good but when I look at the rate just checking, it's obscene and would make me rethink trips, or really consider the bad companies.
Not thrilled but I scored a minivan for $485. Insane because not that many yrs. ago, I was able to get one for less than $250. The only reason we're getting a rental is because we want to take our grandsons straight to the park. We used to stay 7-10 days but then Disney prices are crazy too so we'll only be there 6 and want to take advantage of our early arrival time.

Not thrilled but I scored a minivan for $485. Insane because not that many yrs. ago, I was able to get one for less than $250. The only reason we're getting a rental is because we want to take our grandsons straight to the park. We used to stay 7-10 days but then Disney prices are crazy too so we'll only be there 6 and want to take advantage of our early arrival time.

Everything is going up in price so why not car hire price ?

How much are your Disney tickets

Everything is going up in price so why not car hire price ?

How much are your Disney tickets going to cost per person ?

How much are you going to spend on souvenirs ?

So $485 for car hire for 6 days is $ 81 per day

which you will pay the same amount on snacks & drinks per day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter