rental car - SUV or Minivan

robsmom

loved it so much we might go back
I am looking for some reasonableness on what I should expect to pay for a rental car. We are looking for an SUV or a minivan and will be staying for 10 days. December 8-18. THe best I have is $480.00 including tax and surcharges. This is with Budget.

Anythoughts ideas. I have AAA and am a BJ's club member. I am not in Disney Club.

Thanks.

I got a minivan through priceline for $22 a day. I ended up with Budget..... my dates are Nov 30- Dec 8:)

We have used Dollar the last two times and got really good deals by booking online.
Try using the Promo code of KISS
They are in the terminal of the airport.

Gretchen

Thanks for everyone's help. I am currently debating between the L&M minivan (thanks TravelCoupons!) or an SUV that I found via Hertz. Used the freedom america promotion (just clicked on the link in the website and the code came up automatically). SUV is $178 week and $45 per day. The total for the SUV with tax etc. will be about $40 more than the minivan.

I am trying to figure which will work best for 4 adults, 1 car seat, and a whole lot of luggage, stoller, etc. We are really worried about the luggage, so I am think about booking Tiffany Town Car to take my in-laws and their stuff to the resort and than sharing the rental car the rest of the trip.

Any suggestions or recommendations of the SUV vs. Minivan?

Thanks.

I'm not sure how much the SUV will hold, but last year we rented a minivan and put 5 adults (one was a 15 year old the size of an adult and a tall 6 year old in plus 4 huge (really large) suitcases and 3 - carry on suitcases (still good size) plus a couple of backpacks, etc. It was full, but manageable. Certainly wouldn't have wanted to have a wreck and have that stuff shift around, but we did just fine....
I wonder if an SUV would have more space in the back? If so, I'd probably give that a shot and squeeze the adults in with the kids seat in the middle.

I would go with the minivan. I personally think they hold more stuff and more people than an SUV. Any $$$ you save on vehicle rental will be drastically cut by having in-laws use Tiffany. We always get a minivan- had 4 adults, an 8 yo and two car seats w/toddlers, 6 or 7 bags, 4 backpacks, laptop and two strollers. Just THINK about how to load in the luggage, and remember that it's only for the trip to and from the airport- after that you'll have plenty of room. A couple of things to remember- Hertz is OFF-airport, which can be a hassle w/lots of luggage, car seats, older folks on shuttle, etc. Try booking Dollar minivan at www.floridatravelonline.com. I got minivan early Dec. for 210/wk plus taxes etc., sorry don't know about additional days. Also, when I checked Hertz, minivans were same price as SUV's with America Freedom rates. If renting offsite, I personally would recommend sending only driver/s on shuttle, then driving back to airport for rest of luggage and party. On departure day, if you don't have an incredibly early flight, drop party/luggage at airport, then have driver do drop off and shuttle back to airport.

I would go with the mini van. We did an SUV this past summer with 4 adults and i child and luggage...it was packed to the roof.. a lot more room with a mini van. :)

minivans often have room under the seats for stuff! The back seat could be really tight with 2 and a car seat. Go with the van!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter