renting a rental car for one day?

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
We will be staying at CBR for 13 days in June. One of those days we want to go to Kennedy Space Center. Is it possible to rent a car from Disney for just one day?

Do I call for reservations in advance or when we arrive down there?

Do they take any coupons?

Thanks!

Yes, it's possible to rent a car for just one day, we did it last August. There's a National desk at the Dolphin, and they make pick-up & return very easy. To get there from CBR, take the bus to the MGM Studios & walk right to the boat dock & take the Friendship boat the the Swan/Dolphin dock; go in the Dolphin & go up one level to the Lobby, the National desk is off of the lobby, on the YC side. I booked online at National's website & used the DC code; we got a Buick Century with only 2000 miles on it for $36.00 for the day. They bring the car around to the front door, by the valets & you just get in & go. To drop the car off, you just drive up to Valet Parking & the valet notes the drop off time, signs your receipt & then you can reverse the process back to CBR. Quick & painless!

National/Alamo also has a complimentary shuttle service that will pick you up and take you to either the Dolphin or the Car Care Center. You can use it to return to your resort as well. As far as I know, it only operates during the hours the counters (at the Dolphin or CC) are open.

There are other agencies (Dollar, Hertz, Avis & perhaps others) that you may want to consider. These agencies have counters/desks in the Downtown Disney Hotels. Check their websites for specifics.

FYI, you will not be renting from Disney, but one of the specific car rental agencies. Believe all of the major agencies have specials, coupons or discount arrangements with groups (like AARP), airlines frequent flyers, credit card companies and/or businesses.

HTH.

We are hoping to do a 1 day rental thru Dollar in June-the cost is $39 per day for a mini van....much cheaper than National/Alamo. I understand that there is a rental counter @ the DD Mariott Courtyard. How would we get from AS-Sports to the DD Mariot Courtyard? Do we take the DD/PI bus and walk (how far of a walk is it?), or can we take one of the DD Hotels' busses? TIA!

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I will be researching some car rental places now :)

Pixie Tink - I thought I read somewhere that there is complimentary transportation to pick up rentals in the Disney area. I'm not sure if it's provided by Disney (probably not) or the rental company itself. I may not be correct but I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. I'm going to check it out because we are thinking of doing a one-day rental to go to Cocoa Beach if I find out for sure I'll let you know.

If there is pick-up available, that would be so convenient. I had only seen it for Alamo/National, but if you find out please let me know!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter