Renting DVC points - AKL, BWV or OKW?

In JH, your two bedroom villa will be a lockoff. Meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom. So the studio portion will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.
I understand. This isn’t a problem for us. We’re basically getting this for the same price as two moderate rooms. We’re glad to have a kitchen and living room area.

Price wise, we can’t simply take what’s available. If it’s out of our budget, then it’s out of our budget, and we’ll have to look at booking separate rooms at a value or moderate resort. But thanks for the advice.
From a budget perspective, you might want to look at getting 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom. It is less points for 2 studios than it is for a 2 bedroom. Yes, you lose the the ability to have everyone in one room. But it might be something to consider.

Happy planning!!

From a budget perspective, you might want to look at getting 2 studios instead of a 2 bedroom. It is less points for 2 studios than it is for a 2 bedroom. Yes, you lose the the ability to have everyone in one room. But it might be something to consider.

Happy planning!!
If you get two studios at AKV, you'll need to have one of the kids sleep with the grandparents. The studios there only sleep four.

BWV owner here since 2000....I usually book 11 mths out for SV....rooms....depending on how many family members are going...I will skip fall 2019 with Star Wars opening in DHS...then and wait till May 2020...
Glad you go something booked...AKL is a fab resort....so much for smaller kids to do...the bus ride is a bit long ...we are just spoiled....seeing the animals and the superb restaurants.....and MAra foot court just so close to the pool....

BWV has many dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms, which cannot be part of a 2 bedroom.

Right, but we were talking about OP wanting a 2BR unit. There are no dedicated 2BRs. So, while it's true that every studio won't take out a 2BR, it also practically makes little difference for a lot of the year because dedicated isn't a booking category and practically speaking studios and 2BRs dry up the same day.

BWV has many dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms, which cannot be part of a 2 bedroom.
I wouldn't say "many". There are 15 std. view, 8 boardwalk view and 74 p/g view that are dedicated studios. That represents a fraction of the total number of studios there. But it's a moot point because there are zero dedicated 2BR villas at BWV, and that's what the OP was looking for.

I wouldn't say "many". There are 15 std. view, 8 boardwalk view and 74 p/g view that are dedicated studios. That represents a fraction of the total number of studios there. But it's a moot point because there are zero dedicated 2BR villas at BWV, and that's what the OP was looking for.

97 total dedicated studios plus 149 lockoffs. Just mentioning it because sometimes people want to book a studio and 1 bedroom separately in case someone backs out and then hope later that they can get them combined into a 2 bedroom. Doesn't always work because the studio or 1 bedroom booked for them is dedicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter