Renting DVC points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindseyloy

Earning My Ears
I am beginning to plan a Disneyland Ca/Aulani trip for our anniversary in June 2024. I have contacted brokers about renting points, but as of right now they don’t have anything available from owners and I have been “waitlisted”. I’m afraid to wait too late to book our 2 bedroom villa. I would be interested in renting directly from an owner. Can anyone share insight into how to verify a listing is “legit”? I can’t afford to be scammed out of $10k+.
Thanks in Advanced!

I am a frequent renter. We have 750 points, three contracts. As our kids have grown up and married, we use our DVC a bit less, but still two or three times per year. The points we don't need, we rent out. You are welcome to PM me and we can trade info. I am happy to advise. I will tell you this... my renters love that they can find me and my real estate businesses online. I do things by the books and require a signed contract by both parties. They communicate with me by text and even better, by phone. It's usually easy for my renters to get comfortable. But there is, at the end of the day, still a trust factor. I can't state that you will always know for sure if someone is scamming you, as they get more sophisticated all the time. But most of the time, if you vet an owner by talking to them and understanding their process, you will be OK.

Again, we are not allowed to exchange our personal information here. Nor can I share details of my rentals on this forum. I try to be very respectful of the DisBoards' rules. But head over to the DVC Rental forum and you will find my listing. Or PM me through the DisBoards PM function and I can help you. Even if I don't have the points to accommodate you, I can definitely be a guide to you. Love to support this awesome community.

Cheers

Thank you. I’m new to Disboards so I’ve been told I have to post 10 times before I can private message. As soon as I’m eligible I’ll contact you.

Once you're in the DVC Rental forum, you can also check the lister's messaging history to see their postings and previous listings to get a sense... and you can also ask for references from previous renters. Good luck!

Thank you. I’m new to Disboards so I’ve been told I have to post 10 times before I can private message. As soon as I’m eligible I’ll contact you.
No worries. Make your required ten posts then PM me. I'm happy to help. You can also go to my posting on the DVC rental form and tell me the dates and room preference of your trip. I will see if I can accommodate. If not I can at least help you understand the process, the estimated cost, etc. Talk soon.

you can get your ten posts by replying to other people’s posts too, in this thread or other sections of the forum. Also, it doesn’t turn on automatically to be able to PM, usually when DIS updates which is frequently

good luck with your rental!

Also a DVC owner,
And I rent points,

I would be happy to discuss.

My first advice is to take you time and make sure you understand what you are doing.

Research the owner you are renting from.

Second, once you are sure you know what you are getting into book early, depending on the resort, smaller ones book 9 or 10 month prior to travel….

No worries. Make your required ten posts then PM me. I'm happy to help. You can also go to my posting on the DVC rental form and tell me the dates and room preference of your trip. I will see if I can accommodate. If not I can at least help you understand the process, the estimated cost, etc. Talk soon.
Pm sent!

Also a DVC owner,
And I rent points,

I would be happy to discuss.

My first advice is to take you time and make sure you understand what you are doing.

Research the owner you are renting from.

Second, once you are sure you know what you are getting into book early, depending on the resort, smaller ones book 9 or 10 month prior to travel….
Thank you! I sent a PM.

I think it is ten post, and a verified email
I may need some advice as well. Working to get my 10 posts.

I am a frequent renter. We have 750 points, three contracts. As our kids have grown up and married, we use our DVC a bit less, but still two or three times per year. The points we don't need, we rent out. You are welcome to PM me and we can trade info. I am happy to advise. I will tell you this... my renters love that they can find me and my real estate businesses online. I do things by the books and require a signed contract by both parties. They communicate with me by text and even better, by phone. It's usually easy for my renters to get comfortable. But there is, at the end of the day, still a trust factor. I can't state that you will always know for sure if someone is scamming you, as they get more sophisticated all the time. But most of the time, if you vet an owner by talking to them and understanding their process, you will be OK.

Again, we are not allowed to exchange our personal information here. Nor can I share details of my rentals on this forum. I try to be very respectful of the DisBoards' rules. But head over to the DVC Rental forum and you will find my listing. Or PM me through the DisBoards PM function and I can help you. Even if I don't have the points to accommodate you, I can definitely be a guide to you. Love to support this awesome community.

Cheers
Hello , I would love to learn more . I am looking for Poly Deluxe Studio for 5 adults for date July 21-July 27. When should I start start looking and be prepared to rent if someone has something that fits that criteria. I also love being able to verify owners .

If you're renting from a private party, ask for references.
The 11 month mark has already passed for June 2024, so you may only have luck in securing a 2 BR ocean view room at Aulani. Good luck!

Hello , I would love to learn more . I am looking for Poly Deluxe Studio for 5 adults for date July 21-July 27. When should I start start looking and be prepared to rent if someone has something that fits that criteria. I also love being able to verify owners .
Your best bet is always to rent more than seven months before your check in date, and the closer to 11 months in advance, the better. Here is why, using your Poly trip as an example. Only DVC owners who have the Poly as their home resort can rent at the Poly between seven and 11 months before the check in date. At the seven month mark, ALL other DVC owners can rent there. So, the resort fills up fast at that point. Also, for very busy times of year, or certain times of years at certain resorts (ie. the Boardwalk during Food and Wine, studios at Copper creek during Christmas, etc), you pretty much have to rent at the eleven month mark or you won't get a reservation at all. Since you are at the 11 month for your trip today, you are fine at the Poly. You will likely have no problem reserving a studio there over the next several months for your dates. July at Poly isn't terribly hard to get.

I am closing on a new contract soon (Copper Creek) but that won't help you at Poly right away. I wouldn't be able to reserve at Poly for your dates with my new Copper creek contract until December 21. So if you want to get a reservation sooner than that, you will need to shop for a renter who owns at Poly.

Let me know what other questions you have happy to help.

@worsleyfamily you need to make 10 posts (feel free to use the test board) before you can use direct messaging. I am happy to help with your Poly dates and as rdevans_2000 explained, you will be best served by a Poly owner to get your precise dates. Best!

Please limit discussion of the "How To" of renting to the DVC Member Services forum, and for actual transactions to the DBC Rent/Transfer forum.

There you'll find instructions and info about the rental process in the Required Reading thread pinned near the top of the DVC Rent/Transfer board.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter