Renting OKW vs SSR

Tehanna

Mouseketeer
We're visiting WDW for a week in early to mid December, and we're renting points to do a split stay between two resorts.

We've secured three days at BWV, but we are looking to book the other four days at either OKW or SSR.

We will be renting a 1-bedroom villa for 2 aduts. I will be using an ECV because I can't walk for more than a few yards without pain, but I don't really need an room with accessibility features (grab bars, shower bench, etc), and I don't want to take a room from someone who does need those features.

We're really torn. We like things about both resorts.

Things we like about SSR:

We are confident about where the first bus stop is (so I can board with the ECV and minimize the number of people sitting on the bus annoyed).

The path to DTD is shorter.

Easier access to drink stations and buildings.

It seems less spread out that OKW.

Our understanding is that the buildings all have elevators, unlike OKW, so there wouldn't be any ECV issues if the room assigner is unable to honor our request for a first floor room near the first bus stop.

Things we like about OKW:

It's $200 cheaper. Not a dealbreaker, since we're already spending a ridiculous amount of money on this trip, but hey, $200!

The HUGE jacuzzi tub. Wow!

The rooms are bigger, thus creating more space to maneuver/park the ECV.

Even after reading a lot about both resorts, I'm sure there are many, many things that we don't know that others do. We have never stayed at either resort, or really any DVC resort, and we'd love the opinions of you folks that are owners and experts.

Thank you! :hippie:

We're visiting WDW for a week in early to mid December, and we're renting points to do a split stay between two resorts.

We've secured three days at BWV, but we are looking to book the other four days at either OKW or SSR.

We will be renting a 1-bedroom villa for 2 aduts. I will be using an ECV because I can't walk for more than a few yards without pain, but I don't really need an room with accessibility features (grab bars, shower bench, etc), and I don't want to take a room from someone who does need those features.

We're really torn. We like things about both resorts.

Things we like about SSR:

We are confident about where the first bus stop is (so I can board with the ECV and minimize the number of people sitting on the bus annoyed).

The path to DTD is shorter.

Easier access to drink stations and buildings.

It seems less spread out that OKW.

Our understanding is that the buildings all have elevators, unlike OKW, so there wouldn't be any ECV issues if the room assigner is unable to honor our request for a first floor room near the first bus stop.

Things we like about OKW:

It's $200 cheaper. Not a dealbreaker, since we're already spending a ridiculous amount of money on this trip, but hey, $200!

The HUGE jacuzzi tub. Wow!

The rooms are bigger, thus creating more space to maneuver/park the ECV.

Even after reading a lot about both resorts, I'm sure there are many, many things that we don't know that others do. We have never stayed at either resort, or really any DVC resort, and we'd love the opinions of you folks that are owners and experts.

Thank you! :hippie:

First week of Dec 2013? Either location will be difficult. And if you do get something at OKW, it will probably not be at the first bus stop (Hospitality House area booking).

I just checked a few days ago, and both resorts have plenty of inventory for Dec. 15th until the 22, but not much at all before Dec. 15th.

I like Saratoga Springs just because I can walk to DTD. OKW has bigger rooms but if you're not in the ones by Hospitality House, it could be a hike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter