Renting points for BLT

Ciavobella

Earning My Ears
I haven't rented points in a while, back in the day renters enjoyed the same benefits as members; I think that has changed. In any case, I seem to recall reading somewhere that only point owners are able to access the Top of the World Lounge at BLT, not renters. Is that true?

Thanks!

Yes, you need a membership card to access the TOTWL. They are more strict on that now with magic bands.

I haven't rented points in a while, back in the day renters enjoyed the same benefits as members; I think that has changed. In any case, I seem to recall reading somewhere that only point owners are able to access the Top of the World Lounge at BLT, not renters. Is that true?

Thanks!

If you are not a member, you are not entitled to any member perks. In most cases you will need to provide a blue member card. You will be entitled to all the WDW resort guest perks, like free parking at the theme parks, charging to your room, etc.

Yes, you need a membership card to access the TOTWL. They are more strict on that now with magic bands.

Not necessarily.

When we went over in early Dec. what the CM wanted was my Magic band. I was all prepared with my membership card, the room cards we were issued and even my ID. So disappointing they didn't want to see any of those. :lmao: Actually it got a smile out of them and they said they appreciated it and said we'd be surprised (although I wasn't) at how many people got annoyed at having to show anything. They just looked at the room key card since I didn't get out the MB that wasn't functioning for much of anything anyway and I doubted it would show them what they wanted to know.

When we went up to the TOTWL in November, I too only had my MB scanned. I was with my sister and we were asked who the member was. I provided my MB and it was scanned. The CM told me that the MB contanined my DVC member information, that is how they knew we could access the lounge. Member card was not needed.

Thanks!
I went a couple months ago, told them I was only a guest of a member (I rented points) and they scanned my magic band and said I had privileges so they let me up there.

I went a couple months ago, told them I was only a guest of a member (I rented points) and they scanned my magic band and said I had privileges so they let me up there.

Actually, you are not a guest of the member when you "rent points". You are their customer. You are only a guest of the member if you do not compensate them for the stay.

If you really want member perks, you might want to purchase your own DVC contract. Then your membership fees will pay for those benefits.

Interesting. When we went in November we were required to show our member card and ID. I wonder why there is so much inconsistency?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter