Renting tent equipment?

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
Hi there.

I'm a camping enthusiast and also curious about Fort Wilderness. However, I'm travelling by plane so bringing camping gear is not possible. Is there such thing as a company that rents and drops off the basic tent camping equipment similar to if I rented an RV/trailer?

Another curious Q: Are camping hammocks a thing there or not possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there.

I'm a camping enthusiast and also curious about Fort Wilderness. However, I'm travelling by plane so bringing camping gear is not possible. Is there such thing as a company that rents and drops off the basic tent camping equipment similar to if I rented an RV/trailer?

Thanks in advance!
You will find the correct response from Plan Disney: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...nting-tent-campsite-possible-go-doing-536590/

Thank you. Yes, I found this earlier but I was meaning renting from a vendor. That might not have been clear. Booking a campsite and hoping I get a tent first come first served is too risky for me.
I would probably feel the same way. Perhaps you can try to phone for your site reservation and ask if they have a tent for rent at that same time? Good luck and have fun with your planning. :mickeyjum

There are companies that rent out RVs/trailers for Fort Wilderness so I would start with those first.

But, are you sure you would want to go tent camping and not rent a camper?

in the alternative, have you considered just ordering one and having it delivered there? It's like $45 or $50/night + tax to rent a tent. It might be cheaper to have one delivered (along with an air mattress, lol)

Hi there.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not aware of anyone who rents tent equipment other than Disney.

Disney does rent tents (canvas wall style), cots, etc. but the quality of the offerings was not good a few years ago and haven't heard much since. They were primarily targeted at those staying the in the group campsite Creekside Meadow which has been closed for a year or two (and will be going forward) because it is in a construction zone. So I wouldn't chance it.

No rules against camping hammocks. The Fort allows tree attachments for hammocks.

You can, as a prior poster said, buy and ship basic camping equipment and have it shipped in prior to arrival.

Small trailer rentals are possible but the price varies with duration: less than a week is more expensive on a nightly basis; at a week the price drops to at least $100 per night more/less. Of course, it's based on if the vendor has a small trailer available. Sometimes all that's left is the bigger, more expensive rental models.

Early bird gets the worm here.

Bama Ed

PS - I understand you might want the least expensive way to stay at an onsite resort (a Fort campsite) with the least amount of equipment expense (rental equipment) but the triangulation of site/gear/comfort can create something that has to "give".

You could buy a tent and gear from WalMart or Amazon. Have it delivered, set it up and use it. When done, gift it to another person at the campground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter