REPORTING LIVE FROM...Home! :(

We arrived at the park at 8:35 after a 13 minute bus ride.

Security was packed. You know how there's that one guy who takes his job exceptionally seriously? The guy who makes you take your bag off your shoulder and makes you open every pocket including removing your poncho sack and opening that. And he points his flashlight into every crevice? That was the guy i got. DS was on the line next to me and was through 7 minutes before me, no lie!

I recommend investing some time...a minute maybe...to assess the flow of the security lines so you can be sure you get in the right one. Beware a lot of big knapsacks on the same line!

Fortunately we were on the right turnstile line so although we were far back on the line ours moved very quickly.

The turnztiles opened at 8:45.

DS ran ahead to get toy story fps and then meet us at aerosmith. We got to RnR just before DS at 8:57. They weren't letting people into the building yet and the line wasn't bad at all. That's because everyone was at TSM! Our fp return time was 10;15-11:15. We rode the roller coaster and were done by 9:15. Headed to ToT with posted standby line 20 minutes. We were at the registration desk by 9:30. Eeyore wanted to check in.

2012-08-10_09-30-24_341.jpg

Joining in!!! I'm married to a firefighter too, in Philly. Looks like you are having a blast!! Still getting caught up.

On our way out of ToT we ran into MCDomzal and fightinillini229 and their family again. They confirmed that it poured in epcot before illuminations which made me feel much better. Their TSM fps were already good at that time 9:45ish so they must have been at the bus stop before 8:00. Great job MCDomzal's family!

We headed to Star Tours where the posted wait time was 10 minutes. We have found wait times relatively accurate, within 5 minutes definitely. We love that ride. It makes me queasy, but not as much as it used to before the rehab and the 3D glasses.

At 10:30 after riding 3 rides that shake us up, DH and i needed to stop and rest our heads and put something in our stomachs. Thank goodness, Writer's Stop was right there.

Loving your live TR, Eeyore is adorable :) now off to go read your Dining reviews!

Have a great day.....love reading about your adventures!!!

There has been debate about writer's stop taking DDP. They do. We got a carrot cake cookie and a chocolate chip cookie using snack credits.

After our snack we used our TSM fps. We thought we would get another se but at 10:45 the fp return time was 6:30z. We know we won't still be in the park at that time so we didn't bother. TSM is so much fun! DD was the winner in our vehicle with 168,000.

At 11 we entered the line for the backlot tour. We haven't ridden this ride in several trips and we wanted to return. It took us almost an hour to experience it and i don't know if we had the same vehicle as disneydreamin247 had the other day but it had technical difficulties. I hope it was the same and not a second vehicle with a problem! Ours had no audio before the boneyard and the automatic sensors weren't working in the canyon. We like the ride fine anyway. I thought we could have gotten some audio from the navigator but whatever.

After backlot we did muppets. Mama Melrose looked packed when we exited muppets so i stopped by to see if we could check in early. She said yes but we would have a 30 minute wait. We didn't check in but went to my personal favorite attraction at dhs, magic of animation! We drew my second favorite character, pluto!

We checked in to MM at 1:33 for our 1:30 ADR. We are still waiting at 1:51. The lobby is a zoo and they ran out of pagers.

After our snack we used our TSM fps. We thought we would get another se but at 10:45 the fp return time was 6:30z. We know we won't still be in the park at that time so we didn't bother. TSM is so much fun! DD was the winner in our vehicle with 168,000.

At 11 we entered the line for the backlot tour. We haven't ridden this ride in several trips and we wanted to return. It took us almost an hour to experience it and i don't know if we had the same vehicle as disneydreamin247 had the other day but it had technical difficulties. I hope it was the same and not a second vehicle with a problem! Ours had no audio before the boneyard and the automatic sensors weren't working in the canyon. We like the ride fine anyway. I thought we could have gotten some audio from the navigator but whatever.

After backlot we did muppets. Mama Melrose looked packed when we exited muppets so i stopped by to see if we could check in early. She said yes but we would have a 30 minute wait. We didn't check in but went to my personal favorite attraction at dhs, magic of animation! We drew my second favorite character, pluto!

We checked in to MM at 1:33 for our 1:30 ADR. We are still waiting at 1:51. The lobby is a zoo and they ran out of pagers.

I have read that about MM, that they run behind like that. My DH will flip if this happens to us, we also have a 1:30 ADR, I so hope Sept will be less crowded.. Can't wait to hear about your food.

After a very satisfying lunch at mama melrose, we are now on the bus on the way back to the poly at 3:04.

We accomplished everything we wanted to at dhs today except that we would have liked to have ridden some favorites another time. We had to make choices knowing we wanted to leave after lunch. We are very happy with what we did and the promise of a few more hours in the volcano pool.

Anyone up for Tambu at 7?

Have fun at DHS! We extended our cabana to 5 yesterday because everyone was having such a good time. Then we hit DTD for some shopping and dinner.

So glad you enjoyed the cabana! How was dtd? Did you get caught in the rain?

Sorry for the long bus ride.. can't wait to hear about the crowds
The bus ride was ok it was the wait for it that was a bit long. I blame us for being pokey. We ended up having a great day despite our later start!

Joining in!!! I'm married to a firefighter too, in Philly. Looks like you are having a blast!! Still getting caught up.

Welcome! I'm delighted to have you following along!

Loving your live TR, Eeyore is adorable :) now off to go read your Dining reviews!

Thanks! The dining report isn't LIVE. I will do the dining details from home.

Have a great day.....love reading about your adventures!!!
Thanks for sticking around!

I have read that about MM, that they run behind like that. My DH will flip if this happens to us, we also have a 1:30 ADR, I so hope Sept will be less crowded.. Can't wait to hear about your food.

I had read about it too so we were prepared. It wasn't as bad as some of the horror stories we've heard and once we sat down service was phenomenal. Our food was served quickly and was very good!

Bus stopped at CR and arrived at poly at 3:26. We are in the room now. Looks like a storm is rolling in. I hope we can squeeze in some pool time!

We made it out of DTD just before the rain started thanks to me of course! My family wanted to stay. I told them the lightning and the thunder were right above us. When we got back to the Poly it had already rained there.

Funny about 20 minutes at pizza planet. Our longest line today was aloha isle!

Hopefully they will please you tonight. Another reason im happy to be in disney this week is i dont think to much about the recent disaster that is the Yankees!

Yes i think so and lighter colors which will please a lot of people more. Though i like the dark.

It's 7pm. Do you know where hula eeyore is?

2012-08-10_18-57-48_533.jpg

Anyone able to join us?!

Yum!! Wish I could join you. Enjoy - I'll be switching between the Yankees/Jets games tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter