Requesting GF View for VGF Standard Room

rfc0001

Russ
Anyone have any luck requesting a GF view (vs. monorail/parking lot view) for a VGF standard room since there is a wide disparity in views? I'm wondering if there is any sort of online check-in preference or if anyone has had any luck having MS put notes on the reservation. I currently have a reservation for VWL in October and would prefer BLT lake view but not looking like it will be available first two days at 7-mos window tomorrow, whereas VGF standard view and lake view will, but VGF lake view is too pricey, so standard view is the only real consideration. I think we would be happy with GF view, but wouldn't be happy with a monorail/parking lot view, so just trying to figure out how feasible it is to request these. If it's not feasible, I'll stick to VWL with waitlist for BLT lake view. Thanks!

Since at least 50% of the standard view rooms also have a monorail view I would say it is not very likely that you will be able to get your request of not getting a monorail view.

Since at least 50% of the standard view rooms also have a monorail view I would say it is not very likely that you will be able to get your request of not getting a monorail view.
Not really -- even if 50% of the people made this request they would be able to fulfill it since as you say 50% of the rooms are monorail/parking lot and 50% are resort/pool. There are many checkin preferences that much fewer than 50% of rooms at any particular resort have (e.g. near lobby, lower floor, near pool), yet I've always gotten my requests. I think most people just don't make requests which is why it works. My question is just whether there is a standard check-in preference (or what they are if not), and whether anyone has had any luck with MS noting your request for resort/pool view (assuming that is the right nomenclature). Thanks.

Anyone have any luck requesting a GF view (vs. monorail/parking lot view) for a VGF standard room since there is a wide disparity in views? I'm wondering if there is any sort of online check-in preference or if anyone has had any luck having MS put notes on the reservation. I currently have a reservation for VWL in October and would prefer BLT lake view but not looking like it will be available first two days at 7-mos window tomorrow, whereas VGF standard view and lake view will, but VGF lake view is too pricey, so standard view is the only real consideration. I think we would be happy with GF view, but wouldn't be happy with a monorail/parking lot view, so just trying to figure out how feasible it is to request these. If it's not feasible, I'll stick to VWL with waitlist for BLT lake view. Thanks!

What size room are you looking for?

:earsboy: Bill

That is the request I made with MS for our stay and this is the view we were given:

p782759341-4.jpg

p563082681-4.jpg

It was a dedicated 2BR. I did not do online check in so I'm unaware of what the options even are.

There are only 14 possible 1 bedrooms on the side of the building facing the GF, less if any of them are used in a 2 bedroom lock-off. There are also 14 1 bedrooms facing the front of the resort where the monorail is, again less if used for lock-offs.

I always make my room requests by using the contact form on the member website, just tell them that you want to be on the side looking at the GF.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks to both of you for confirming it is possible through MS...this gives me hope. Regardless of # of rooms and whether they were booked as 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm lock-out, there is still a 50% chance (at worse, if 100% of people booking those rooms request GF view) to 100% chance (if only 50% of people booking those rooms request GF view), so I'll take those odds. Right now, I have the week reserved but still need to add 2 more days at 7 mos window, so letting that determine whether I stay at VGF of VWL at this point (I have 1 wk ressies for both at 7 mos window -- need 2 more days on one or the other then will cancel whichever one I can't get; in the mean time I have a waitlist for BLT, which is still my preference, to replace VGF). So, three good options, and letting lady luck (with the help of my OCD) determine which one works out ;). Thanks!

The biggest problem I see with your thinking is that not all of the rooms are available daily so your possibility is much lower when you look at the number of rooms that are actually available daily. I know that checking into a standard view room at BLT is similar to VGF in the number of rooms and in general there is normally only 1-3 rooms opening everyday so those specific rooms have to be the view you want- I would say don't chance booking it if you will be unhappy with a monorail view- we had a lovely room with a view of much of the resort but also quite a bit of a monorail view- I think more than 70% of the standard view rooms have some monorail view. I would say it depends on how much it would bother you not to get your request. As long as you will not be upset and/or disappointed in not getting your request you should be okay but the likelihood of getting it may be significantly lower than 50% and could be as low as 10% on any given day.

The biggest problem I see with your thinking is that not all of the rooms are available daily so your possibility is much lower when you look at the number of rooms that are actually available daily. I know that checking into a standard view room at BLT is similar to VGF in the number of rooms and in general there is normally only 1-3 rooms opening everyday so those specific rooms have to be the view you want- I would say don't chance booking it if you will be unhappy with a monorail view- we had a lovely room with a view of much of the resort but also quite a bit of a monorail view- I think more than 70% of the standard view rooms have some monorail view. I would say it depends on how much it would bother you not to get your request. As long as you will not be upset and/or disappointed in not getting your request you should be okay but the likelihood of getting it may be significantly lower than 50% and could be as low as 10% on any given day.
Good points and good advice. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter