Resale DVC benefits

Exactly! We probably spent more money which is another reason why Disney IT isn't going to tackle this. All money is good. I don't think we would have gone on Wild Africa Trek without the discount. It was a total suprise when I looked to book it and the total had the discount automatically applied.

I had the same things happen when buying merchandise with the app. It automatically applied a discount even though I’m a resale owner. I was happily surprised! But not counting on it to last.

Just curious - - are both of you also AP Holders?
Is it possible that's the reason for your discount and not DVC Direct vs Resale ??
I only ask because a lot of times the AP discount & DVC discount are the same (dining, shopping, etc.)
And I remember a couple of times getting an AP discount where no DVC discount was even offered.

Is it possible that's the reason for your discount and not DVC Direct vs Resale ??
I only ask because a lot of times the AP discount & DVC discount are the same (dining, shopping, etc.)
And I remember a couple of times getting an AP discount where no DVC discount was even offered.

It seems that the mobile order and mobile shopping will automatically apply the DVC discount at this time. For some reason, that system can not see it as different as of now.

Noooo, not AP holder and it said “DVC discount.”

Nope - not an AP holder. Since we only come every other year it wouldn't make any sense for us. And with the Cdn$ where it is, that's also about at 35% premium added to everything.

Nope - not an AP holder. Since we only come every other year it wouldn't make any sense for us. And with the Cdn$ where it is, that's also about at 35% premium added to everything.
Got it!
We used to buy APs every 3rd year, use them Late Jan om year 1, and Early Jan the following year just before expiration, then do a resort only stay in year 3. Fortunately, we were AP holders when new sales were put on hold, and we have renewed every year since.

Being a White Card Plebian it is good to know I can try to purchase merch online and see if I get a discount. I'm assuming you see if you will get the discount before you ever finish the transaction. Thanks for posting about this!

Being a White Card Plebian it is good to know I can try to purchase merch online and see if I get a discount. I'm assuming you see if you will get the discount before you ever finish the transaction. Thanks for posting about this!

Shopdisney does not automatically apply it. The reports has been that mobile shopping and dining when at WDW seem to auto apply and that some of the special events that can be purchased vis the WDW website seem to auto apply.

Shopdisney does not automatically apply it. The reports has been that mobile shopping and dining when at WDW seem to auto apply and that some of the special events that can be purchased vis the WDW website seem to auto apply.
Mobile ordering merch onsite is what I was referencing. I do not believe I have ever logged on to Shopdisney.

Sometimes the system automatically apply the discount sometimes it does not on ShopDisney. For Canadians it is the shopping fees and the customs fees more than anything else that are stopping us from purchasing online.

Those incidental membership benefits EVEN WITH DIRECT have a disclaimer that is very disconcerting if you read it ... Last paragraph is below (from www.disneyvacationclub.com link https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/en/MEADS-081922.pdf

The incidental benefits described in this Statement are offered to prospective purchasers of the vacation ownership plan. These benefits are available for your use for a period of three (3) years or less after the first date that the vacation ownership plan is available for your use. The availability of the incidental benefits may or may not be renewed or extended. You should not purchase an interest in the vacation ownership plan in reliance upon the continued availability or renewal or extension of these benefits.

Mobile shopping through the Disneyland app applies the discount as well, or at least it did in June. Can’t remember if it applied to mobile dining orders also, but I think it did.

Those incidental membership benefits EVEN WITH DIRECT have a disclaimer that is very disconcerting if you read it ... Last paragraph is below (from www.disneyvacationclub.com link https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/en/MEADS-081922.pdf

The incidental benefits described in this Statement are offered to prospective purchasers of the vacation ownership plan. These benefits are available for your use for a period of three (3) years or less after the first date that the vacation ownership plan is available for your use. The availability of the incidental benefits may or may not be renewed or extended. You should not purchase an interest in the vacation ownership plan in reliance upon the continued availability or renewal or extension of these benefits.

Exactly and why no one should ever buy for those alone. They are a nice bonus to have but nothing is guaranteed to be available at any time...

Every time the ‘3 years or less’ pops up I laugh. What does that mean? Could be years. Maybe as little as 3 months?

Resale buyers are not entitled to anything else, including visiting Epcot lounge or TOTWL. No discounts on food or merchandise.
Not entirely true. TOTWL is only open during special events that are open to only Blue Card members. Prior to...you know, TOTW was open to resale members, at least those staying at BLT on points. They skirted it by shutting TOTWL except for special events. It is not a Blue Card only perk - technically.
As for discounts, it never hurts to ask. I got a discount at Award Wieners in DCA without asking, and I wasn't staying n points either. My DVC account info was on MDE and they gave me the discount when I mobile ordered.

Not entirely true. TOTWL is only open during special events that are open to only Blue Card members. Prior to...you know, TOTW was open to resale members, at least those staying at BLT on points. They skirted it by shutting TOTWL except for special events. It is not a Blue Card only perk - technically.
As for discounts, it never hurts to ask. I got a discount at Award Wieners in DCA without asking, and I wasn't staying n points either. My DVC account info was on MDE and they gave me the discount when I mobile ordered.

This is not accurate. TOTWL is only for those eligible for membership extras...DVC Y. It is open nightly and while special events happen, you do not need to be part of the special event to visit. There just has to be room and if there is not, they put you on a waitlist and text when there is.

Plenty visit without paying for the event..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter